Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lady In White

I had this dream on Saturday night, the 26th of April.
There was a crowd of people standing by this stone
wall in front of a body of water. In this crowd of
people was a lady dressed all in white. The people
were so busy talking to one another that they did
not see the lady in white climb over the wall
and therefore go plummeting into the body of water.
Someone screamed, "that lady must have fell into
the water"
People looked over the wall and saw her face and
it was actually shining as she sank down into the
water. In fact, they watched her until they could
not see her anymore.
I then woke up from this dream.
I made sure to write it down so I would not forget
this. They say you dream everynight but most of
the time you don't remember the dreams.
I wonder what this dream could mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 flushing new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Lady In White

Connie,
The lady in white is most likely you, the pure and true person that you are {and not the ego/persona mask that we all tend to wear hiding our true selves}. Unconsciously you know that person but consciously you may not. That person is hiding within the unconscious {water} and you may have to delve deep into that unconscious and its many barriers {climb over the wall
and therefore go plummeting into the body of water
} to discover the person within.

What happens when you do trek into those deep dark spaces of the unconscious psyche? Joy and excitement. and a 'shiny' new outlook on life. You no longer see yourself as ego {they could
not see her anymore
}' but the true person inside. Not only do you see but you begin to live that original and true life of the inner person.

I think this dream is more than just about your true Self. The final dream statement before you awoke may be most meaningful:
"In fact, they watched her until they could not see her anymore." This indicates for me you are searching for that true identity and this dream may be an important catalyst in that discovery. The reason you "made sure to write it down so I would not forget". Consciously the unconscious {dream} was illustrating your true desires for self discovery. It probably is also an illustration of what you are doing consciously in your waking life, seeking that true self.
Often such discoveries have to do with creativity and/or spiritual aspects.

Is that a true assumption on my part?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Gerard for the interpretation. Yes, lately I would say that I am more of a spiritual person than before.
I am starting to go back to church and pray for my
children and all the going ons in Iraq and all the
poor souls that have lost their lives.
I started writing a children's story then stopped.
It is springtime and I go wild cleaning at this time
of the year lol...closets, throwing junk away, washing blinds and windows...that kind of stuff.
My daughter told me that if you eat ice cream before you go to bed you will have nightmares. Did you ever hear of such a thing?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Connie,
About the ice cream and nightmares. I don't know of any evidence that to be true but it possibly could be. One reason I don't dismiss such tales outright is that I know that I have more vivid and memorial dreams when I sleep on my side. And we do know that certain things do affect our dreams. Perhaps the best way to determine if it is true is to eat some ice cream before going to bed and see if you have nightmares. Let me know the results.

Perhaps what you need to return your focus to is writing the children's story. That would be the creative aspect I alluded to. The 'true Self' is essentially the spiritual/creative aspects we all possess {one thing that sets Jung apart from other psychologists/scientists is his insistence that we all possess a 'natural' spiritual aspect}. You are addressing the spiritual aspect in your life but have abandoned the creative. For you, and from the final statement in your dream, what can not be seen anymore is that creative self, writing the children's story.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, your right Gerard about finishing the children's story! Since it is spring now, I have been busy doing spring cleaning..closets and windows and blinds that I have not had a chance to sit down and do this.
But soon I am because I know this is the creative
side of me and has to be done...for I know I will be very happy.
About the ice cream....I will let you know about this one too. I sleep on my right side, left side, stomach, back lol...I am all over the place..usually when I wake in the morning, I am on my back.
Thanks for your messages....they are very much appreciated.....Connie

stats from 7-14-10 to the present