Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
White Light

There was a room. I knew i shouldn’t go into the room but i did. I pushed open the door and what i saw inside was amazing. The room was filled with a bright white light-the most beautiful and amazing thing i have ever seen. I walked further into the room, There was sound...it wasn’t really music, a wonderful sound that i have never heard before and is impossible to explain. I looked around the room and noticed there was something floating around the perimeter. It was a pale girl. She has her eyes closed. I thort she may be dead. But she was still beautiful, and was dressed in a billowing white dress that was moving in a non-existent breeze. I did not want to leave the room, but knew i had to before the girl reached me or bad things would happen. I left the room.

Over the course of the dream i re entered the room 6 or 7 times. I noticed that each time i entered the room; the harder it was to leave. The light and the sound and the beautiful girl were so intriguing, they put me in a kind of trance that was getting harder and harder to break out of, i was spending longer and longer in the room before leaving and the girl was getting closer all the time.

I entered the room, I stood in the doorway and watched transfixed as the girl came closer. I could see her face so clearly now. Her eyes were still closed. Closer and closer she came, and i knew it was too late, she was going to touch me and when she did bad things would happen. I could not move, I wanted to but i could not fight the trance like way i was in. A horrible scream filled my ears as someone dragged me from the room. I was outside the room, and i knew that i had nearly died. I knew that i mustn’t go into the room ever again. I woke up.

There was something weird about thins dream, i have never had one like it before. I was scared and didn’t want to go back to sleep, because i knew that i would go back into the room again and that this time i wouldn’t come back out.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15 NZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: White Light

Jenna,
This is not a typical dream of a 15 year old. Most dreams for someone your age are outward focused {building ego/personality...everyday experiences having to do with waking life}. This dream seems to be more inward focused {addressing deeper emotional issues}. The question becomes why? Why is the dream focused on the inward aspects, what emotional issues are at play in your life?

The room. This is an inner room within your psyche. In your dream this is a place you should not go into. That usually represents something within that you are afraid to confront or an aspect of yourself that you need to acknowledge. Here it could represent both.

The beautiful girl with her eyes closed. This is probably you, perhaps you are not able to or are afraid to recognize that fact. It would a part/aspect of you that you thought was dead. The white dress may symbolize innocence. There may something about this 'inner girl' that has bad things happen to her. Have there been bad things happen to you?

The psyche is most rezealant. Through our dreams it insists on putting forth those aspects that are out of balance. You may enter into the room many times and yet not be willing/able to see what is there {consciously}. This room is occupied by someone of inner beauty. That someone is you.
It is hard to leave this part of you. Some aspect, from some experience in life, has caused this part of you to be enclosed in a room, apart from the rest of the structure that you are.

But no one can deny the 'true self'. That true self may be hidden in a room but in our dreams it will eventually come closer and closer. You have to open your eyes to see. You have been touched by bad things, closing off the beautiful parts. You are afraid of this room because of those bad things. Part of you has died because of the bad. To enter the room is to acknowledge the bad. It is easier to repress them. At least for awhile.

Have there been 'bad' experiences in your life that you don't want to face up to or acknowledge? You may be repressing past experiences because of the emotional pain. A pain that has push that beautiful you into a locked room that no one can see. Except in a dream.

The only other possibility that I can come up with, if there have not been past painful experiences, is there are things in your present waking life, still painful, that you do not want to confront or face up to. And I can't visualize anything in a normal teenage life that would cause such a dream {something in your normal waking life that was from an ordinary experience}.

Let me know your response. As I stated previously this is not a typical teenage dream. Most dreams of a teen are about peer pressures, growing pains, identity issues, and such. This is out of the ordinary.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: White Light

Jenna,
I may have left the impression this dream not being an ordinary teenager's dream as a negative thing. Yes and no. If there are repressed or unacknowledged conflicting emotions, to hold them in would be a negative. But to begin to realize there needs to be 'light' shown on the 'bad' in your life. That is a major positive. Dreams are therapeutic, they help solve those conflicting emotions.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present