Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Even a Master Needs a Teacher

I dream I am walking down a hallway in a school building. I see into a room. A man is standing on a platform in the corner of the room. He is beautiful, in beautiful physical form, only wearing small black “speedos.” He has dark hair and his eyes are closed but I assume they are dark, too. He is holding his right leg up in a perfect standing split, his calf next to his ear, and his hand cupped over the bottom of his foot arched above his head. He holds his left hand straight in front of him and is making wide circles. I don’t recall if they are counter or clockwise. I only know he must have been going very fast because I can hear his teacher—a woman—in another corner out of my range of sight coaching him by saying, “OK, now slow it down, slow it down.” And the circles are becoming slower and slower. It is a study in perfect balance, poise, elegance. I can tell he has worked hard for years to achieve this balance. I know him, somehow, but not very well. I have met him one other time in another dream several years ago. I know if he opens his eyes and looks at me he will have that same deep, peaceful, bottomless gaze full of disinterested compassion I saw in him in the first dream.

Thoughts?

Rose

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51 Chicago

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Even a Master Needs a Teacher

Rose,
The perfect
animus
, under the tutelage of the feminine psyche. Perfect form but needing the feminine to guide him. This is a part of you that you seek, you know, but not very well. What will it take to open his eyes, your eyes to bring about this inner aspect?

A piece of art. An inner intuitive teacher. A work in progress? Creativity?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Rose,

Where my imagination leads me is along the lines of the Beijing Olympics, an olympian performing a "routine", with a coach. It is rehearsed, but not perfect. It's not quite right. In the outer world the olympian is about the body, whereas in the inner world the olympian is about the mind. Olympians in the outer world are all about getting the perfect score and winning, either in a group or a personal best. They practice many hours a day to get to this level. it's a commitment! As a compensation the dream may well be commenting on your own commitment to working with psyche. Don't rush the routine, but to attain this level of balance you will need to commit to many hours of work. It's a Herculean task!

I like your subject for this dream and agree wholeheartedly. If I have an ability to help people understand their dream the payoff for me is that I learn more about myself from my involvement in discussing the dream. Thank you.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Stephen and Gerard,

Thank you for your replies. I forgot to check the little notify me box, and kept forgetting to check in! As far as the teacher not opening his eyes, as I said I "met" this man in another dream, also practicing a very difficult pose (way beyond my ability). It was clear in that dream he was building power he intended to transmit to me, and when he looked at me, I knew that was the signal he was ready to transmit the energy.

In this dream I sensed the same would occur. He would open his eyes when I was ready to receive his transmission of power. Stephen, I appreciate what you words, "Don't rush the routine." Somehow it speaks to an anxiety in me to solve all those unsolved problems in my heart (Rilke!) as quickly as possible, rather than remember it is a lifelong, Hurculean task.

I'm not sure what you mean by liking the dream subject. Do you mean the yogi?

Blessings,
Rose

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Rose,
I may be wrong but I don't see this dream as addressing just an outer aspect in your life {the man}. The 'he' in your dreams isn't confined to the outer self. I see it as much addressing the inner self. Your dreams are about you. "I know him, somehow, but not very well". I see this as addressing inner masculine aspects as much as outer relationships.

Are you currently seeking creative and/or spiritual aspects in your life?

Gerard

Dear Gerard,

I didn't mean to imply I didn't see this man as an inner aspect. As I said, I "met" him in another dream. He is a dream figure, not someone I know in my external world.

Blessings,
Rose

Rose,
My bad {slang from my son's generation}. I got the impression there was a man in your life you were referring to. Guess I need more java in the morning.

Gerard

You and me both! Rose Where did you get that smiley with the frying pan?

Rose,
You can find it in 'More Smiles' below the Message Box when you post or make a reply. Look under Expressive Smileys. There is a good selection of smileys. Bravenet {the web server for the Dream Forum} does a great job of hosting various forums. I seldom have problems with their service, seldom is the forum offline.

A distinction I am proud of, being the web master of Myths-Dreams-Symbols , is the position it occupies at Google. And that position is?

Google Dream Psychology
for the answer.

MDS has been online since 1998, 10 years. I've carved for myself a little piece of cyberspace. It has been a labor of love, and is still a work in progress, always evolving, as I evolve.
The internet, a new medium for expressing the creative Self.

I have created so many pages over those 10 years that I often will Google a certain subject of interest and find I have already created a webpage for it at Myths-Dreams-Symbols.
An example:

Google Jungian psyche.

If it has to do with Jungian psyche, there probably is a page at Myths-Dreams-Symbols dedicated to it.

In praise of the power of the feminine .

Gerard

Mar's new Moon A parody

Hi Rose,

I meant I liked your subject line "Even a Master Needs a Teacher"

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present