Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Goddess and Shakespear

I've studied dreams for approx. 8 years. Here's one I'd like help on.
I became lucid and started walking fast, gaining speed, running, now flying.
A woman appears beside me. Her skin and clothing are all golden. Roman type dress holding a golden staff with Rose leaf pedals. I ask her name. Rose, Goddess of deeds and____ (? don’t recall). I'm picking up speed, going faster now. Come with me Rose!
I'm flying toward a movie screen. It’s the scene in Spielberg’s 2001 movie Artificial Intelligence. The movie scene is Dr. Know. Dr. Know puts two questions to me. #1 why did two of Shakespeare’s plays seek to solve mysteries? And #2 (don't recall)

Awoke. Is there a Goddess Rose? Did any of Shakespeare plays seek to solve mysteries?
Thanks,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 (Williamsburg, Va)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: The Goddess and Shakespear

Hi Rich,

You're in luck. There is a book called "The Authentic Shakespear and Other Problems of the Early Modern" by Stephen Orgal. Look it up in Google Books.

Page 113 talks about Agenaria - the goddess of deeds - not words (the good women is the silent women).

The scene from AI is about the answer that the little boy robot seeks, to find out where he can find the blue fairy. Dr Know points him to the fairytale of Pinocchio and that the blue fairy turns the puppet into a real boy. Being a puppet means that you are controlled by others and it is not until you get involved in life that you become human. It's not the blue fairy that does the transformation but the individual himself.

In AI when the boy combines the categories of Facts with Fairytales and asks the question "How can the blue fairy make a robot into a real live boy?" does the answer come in rhyme,

come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a firy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand.

Your quest will be perilous
Yet the reward is beyond price
In his book
HOW CAN A ROBOT BECOME HUMAN?
Professor Allen Hobby writes
of the power which
will transform Mecha into Orga...

So in a way these patterns talk about getting involved in life to activate emotions. Stop being robotic - routine - habitual and get involved in this path. It may end up being perilous (being devoured by the whale and then spouted out) but that is what life is all about. That is what human is all about. That is what being transformed from a robot to a human is all about.

I remember hearing James Hillman talk about psychology and he said we would all do better to start studying Shakespeares works to understand how the human condition works. Why does Shakespear seek to solve mysteries? Why don't you watch tyhe film "Shakespeare in Love" and it will in all probablity give you the answer.

The Rose was one of the theatres that Shakespeares plays were performed in.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet...Romeo and Juliette (which happens to be the main thrust of the aforementioned film).

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Stephen,
WOW! You are a genius. You've given me much material to research and contemplate. It's true; I've led a life of repressed emotions. I've justified it. With a large business, do you tell the employees you're worried? Hell no! They will fall apart. You tell them to push on. There have been other areas of my life where I've not expressed my true emotions and feelings, so as not to hurt others.

Thanks Stephen,

Rich

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Hi Rich,

Glad you made a connection to the patterns. Sounds like it clicked in a big way for you.

Actually, psyche is the genius.

Stephen

Stephen,I hope I'm not imposing upon you. I've viewed "Shakewpeare in Love" recently. Why does Shakespear seek to solve mysteries? I still can not ansewer. Thanks.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Rich,

Giving you the answer is not going to help your journey. You need to figure it out. It's a mystery. Play with it like a child with eyes wide open taking in all the wonders that are unknown. Mysteries confuse and puzzle for a reason.

Stephen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present