Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
relationships

Ever since I was a kid I've had this recurring sort of dream. It's not the same dream over and over, but every time I have this kind of dream, the same thing ends up happening.

In the dream, I usually find myself in some kind of relationship with a girl.

I've never really had a true, close, intimate relationship and I know there is a lot of longing in me to have something like that.

So in these dreams there is someone who I am either intimate with or close to being so, and then what always happens in the dream is that the person imperceptively transitions into a cat.

So I am left with this cat.. but the soul or spirit of the person is supposedly still in the cat, but it's a.. cat and nothing more. So I'm left with this strange feeling of emotional and mental dissonance over the fact that these intense feelings are directed now toward this cat, and then follows a feeling of disappointment over the fact that its' just a cat.

Then I usually wake up in an emotional uproar with those usually dormant feelings of intense longing all stirred up.

Anyone have any idea why the person in my dreams always turns into a feline, or why I keep having this dream?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Hammond, Louisiana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: relationships

Hi GAbe,

What sort of work do you do (no business names, just the type of work)?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I mostly work with computers, I have a computer degree..

but I just finished a second degree in guitar performance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Hammond, Louisiana

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Hi Gabe,

Here's a line of thought for you to consider.

Being in computers you are probably a sensate personality type, always with the rules. could be due to your upbringing in school, home etc. And in a way a degree in guitar performance is also about the rules. What you can and can't do when performing classical guitar - technicality.

Your shadow is the probably "intuition" which is often symbolized by a cat. It also stands for positive creative emotional self. But, ithink the meaning that applies to this dream is about the independence of a cat. They look after themselves. All you have to do is feed them, give them a pat once in a while and let them sit in the sun.

The reason I followed the "rules" theme is because of your choice of words in your post "imperceptively" and "dissonance", which by the way is a musical term for dischord, but you knew that didn't you, Gabe.

Tell me Gabe, have you seen the movie "Mr McGoriums Wonder Emporium". I sence it is right up your alley. Watch it if you haven't already seen it. Look at it with the view that all the characters in the movie are aspects of yourself.

So, following through this line of thought I feel the dream is commenting to you to do the following,

Stop playing everyone elses music and create your own.

Only you will know if this interpretation is right. It will click somehow.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Interesting interpretation. That does make a lot of sense, being that I have been through several manifestations of an identity crisis lately. Though I've become well aware of it, I still haven't found my true identity, I've just sort of given up trying to be anything other than what I am, even if I don't like it.

I used the word imperceptively because I'm not aware in the dream that this person has transformed. I treat the cat as if it was still that person and nothing had changed.

I used the term dissonance with the well known term "cognitive dissonance" in mind. I keep on treating the cat as if it is the person I was just with, but then this feeling of disappointment comes in because I realize in the dream that it is just a cat and those feelings for that person don't work with a cat.

All in all, its kind of like a big tease. My dream gives me the girl of my dreams, and then when I'm hooked, it switches her out for a cat.

And it troubles me because this happens in a lot of my dreams, and has been for years and years, ever since I was a kid.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present