Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scarey dream

Last night my dream was so real, I think I had a panic attack when I woke up. I could hear running on the roof above my bedroom, then it felt as if someone was sitting down on the side of my bed-like pressure-I tried to move but I couldn't even turn my head to look but my eyes were open. I tried to speak but couldn't. I really thought someone was there. My daughter has had the same dream, except for the running part. Please help me understand. The dream was so strong I was afraid to go back to sleep. Thank you for your help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54 california usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Scarey dream

Hi

My family has a history of such terrors. They would come in dreams and also in waking life.

This might sound weird. My dad is a fairly normal, honest person. A little awkward at times, but has no reason to lie to anyone. He told me, and only very recently, about some experiences he had growing up.

The first was when he was a small child of maybe 5. He was in the field with his parents, they were all picking strawberries and I guess he was wandering around. He said this big hand came down out of the sky and rested on the ground with the palm up in front of him, as though it wanted to pick him up. He said the arm stretched all the way into the clouds, and when he saw it, he turned and ran away, sliding underneath one of the tables they were using to hold baskets of strawberries. When he looked back, it was gone.

After that, he began having night terrors. He said he would feel a little invisible hand poke him and brush him at night. Something would forcefully kick the bed while he was sleeping. He said all these things and more scared him into sleeping in the same bed with his older sisters until he was well into his teens.

When he was older, he began to seek the hand of God again, and the strange night attacks became more severe. He would feel some kind of invisible snake-like being wrap itself around him like a boa-constrictor and squeeze him. Invisible things would sit on his bed.

I don't know how people feel about Christianity around here, I usually don't blame people given the stupidity and hypocrisy associated with it.. BUT the attacks only stopped when he would call on the name of Jesus.

My mother grew up under similar circumstances. Her father was a practitioner of black magic. I'm not sure what kind of magic, but whatever it was, it was enough to draw all kinds of dark forces into their house. She and all my aunts & uncles were tormented on a nightly basis by invisible beings which would sit on them, choke them, give them terrible nightmares, make horrible noises, give of intolerable odors, and had taken possession of their father's entire personality. They say he would lock himself in the bathroom for hours and they would hear him in there thrashing about yelling all kinds of terrible curses. His disposition as they grew older also became more and more odious.

Again, the only escape my mother found was through the name of Jesus, which was the only name these spirits would respond to and leave them alone. Same with my Grandmother. She became a christian, and said that He or an angel appeared to her in the form of just a bright light and told her to get out of that man's house quickly. After she did, I suppose my grandfather began casting spells against her, which would send spirits in to attack her, usually at night (they seem to like getting us in our sleep when we are most vulnerable spiritually). Again, the only thing that would cancel these attacks was calling on the name of Jesus.

A good friend of mine told me that for a few years he would get attacked by demons in his sleep. They would pick up his spirit, or sleep body, and toss him around his room and spin him around in the air; one time tossing him all the way down his hall. He would wake up still in his bed but sweating profusely and panicked. He would open his eyes and see a monstrous face right in front of him sometimes. He was already a christian, but it only stopped after receiving prayer from other christians.

All in all, like I said, I know that this kind of stuff is laughed at in our culture, but i know way too many people who have this kind of experience to discount it.. and I consider myself a very intellectual, realistic, skeptical, objective, rational human. My own experiences are not as severe as these, but I have had enough strange encounters, nightmares, and extra sensory "perceptions" to feel like I have a solid leg to stand on when I say this stuff is real.

I don't go to church and I don't wear crosses on my neck and i think that christian institutions are full of baloney and have lost their way. BUT I do believe that there is something very real about Jesus.

All of these terrors and nightmares are just a campaign of fear and intimidation. They try to hold us back from seeking our true spiritual identity by locking us into a prison of fear and repression. Why do you think there is such an emphasis in the news focusing on fear, "BAD things might to happen to YOU" is the message they try to give. It's the same lying spirit that controls the minds of people who control the world.

And I am not trying to convert you, but I am offering this up as a suggestion, that you call on the name of Jesus and ask him to respond to you and send help with your problem. Maybe it is just a dream, some manifestation of some psychological thing in your own mind, or perhaps it might be one of these kinds of spirits trying to inflict fear in your life (they love to feed on fear.. its their form of control over you). The fact that another member of your family is experiencing something similar tells me that it is not just a manifestation of your own psyche, but something that is in the spiritual dimension of your household that spans all of your collective family consciousness.

From this reasoning, if Jesus is real, you WILL get some kind of response. If not, then nothing will happen and you will have to find some other explanation, I suppose!

I predict these things are going to grow in intensity in your house if you don't act quickly.

Re: Scarey dream

And just as a disclaimer.

I believe that most dreams are reflections of our own unconscious, even most nightmares, and not much more than that.

But I am just adding that sometimes external forces can inject themselves into our dreams. That might not be the case with you, but whenever stuff hits multiple people in a similar way I always take notice.

Just suggestions!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present