Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fish pregnancy dream

In my dream, I am pregnant. When I give birth it is to a fish, which looks similar to a salmon. I am at what seems to be a school, feeding my "baby". People passing by, who are from my hometown (I'm in college living in another city) tell me my baby isn't important because it is a fish and to throw it away.

Currently I have a tense realationship with my mother due to our different political views and my deciscion to convert to another religion.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19 years Iowa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: fish pregnancy dream

Lisa,
Fish is often symbolic of your true self. The fish is also an ancient symbol of Christianity and Christian beliefs and could be representative of the spiritual self. The two together could represent your true spiritual self.

From the Dream Dictionary:
Seeing a salmon in your dream, represents determination. You are able to overcome adversity and achieve success.

The pregnancy may be your giving birth to a whole new identity. Although others may think it not important, being who you really are is most important.

Dreams reflect the true inner self. Your dream may be stating you need to be tat self and not throw away what you deeply believe in.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Very interesting, and somewhat odd, as I'm am converting away from Christianity. Thank you for your input, Gerard. It would be interesting to hear more about spiritual dreams.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Lisa,
All dreams in a way are spiritual dreams. Jung believed that dreams depicted the true self, which in its essence is spiritual. But spiritual is different from religious. True spirituality is connected to the earth, not separate from nature as our Western religions teach {including Christianity}. And although the fish is used by Christianity it is not solely Christian.
Fish swim in water which is often a symbol for the unconscious. You are moving away from your established religion and entering into the realm of 'gnosis, inner knowledge. That is the pregnancy, the new birth to your 're' newed spirituality. If you are moving away from Christianity the you are moving into a new world of knowledge. A bold move indeed. Giving birth to the soul

What path have you chosen for your new spirituality? You may find much in agreement in the pages at Myths-Dreams-Symbols. Gnosis is what guides my path, having left my Christian beliefs long ago. Too restrictive. And an exclusion of the feminine whose power exceeds that of the masculine {patriarchy}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present