Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Submarine

I was riding on the roof of a submarine with my male partner and another man who was driving the submarine from above. We were moving from the shore towards the sea trying to get beyond the waves to deeper water. The waves were very large and kept driving us back.

I rember thinking 'when will these waves end so that we can reach the ocean'. And the I thought, 'why are we on top of the submarine rather than in it?'

with thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Submarine

Anna,
A submarine often represents exploring your emotions and/or examining your unconscious feelings {deep water, as in oceans, symbolizes the unconscious and submarines are used for exploration}. The male figure, other than your partner who would balance your psyche, may be an animus figure representing masculine tendencies. Being above and outside the sub may indicate recent outward expression of emotions. The waves may be emotional waves.

Have you recently had to let loose your emotions, perhaps to do with a male in your life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, yes....re. releasing emotions regarding a male. I have recently been coming to terms with being in a non-productive relationship....and all the hurts that I hav repressed to keep the relationship going have been surfacing...

Also, one reason I see the relationship is non-productive is that I cannot achieve intimacy with my partner...so I wondered if the dream might indicate an inability to reach emotional depth (the ocean) because of the waves obstructing our journey...or is the dream more likely to be about me than this 'external" situation?

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Anna,
The dream is about you and the "external" situation. The submarine could be a phallic symbol. Two ordinary words in your dream may be significant. They are 'above' and 'top' which could symbolize 'an issue hanging over you which needs to be resolved'. The issue would be the sub, or penis, and of course the 'top/above' issue would be 'your mate' and the intimacy issue. Top and above could also represent the 'thinking' process, the head being the top/above the body.

The dream is most likely addressing the issue of intimacy and the 'deepr' emotional issue of a non-productive relationship. The more you give thought to that the deeper the emotions become.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present