Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I have to turn the lights on.

I have had a number of dreams (too many to count) where I'm paralysed and the only thing I can move is my eyeballs. I can't open my eye lids, yet if I don't, I think I will die. In these dreams I am trying to shout, scream or make some type of sound and that's when I wake up.

In this dream I am trying to escape from this thing. It looks human but its not. The only way I can describe what it looks like is Freedy Crouger. This dream happened before I'd heard of the films. To escape from this thing I know I have to turn a light on, but as I go to turn the light on this thing has it's hand on the light switch. I look down at my bed and see myself laying there asleep and I don't know what to do. This thing is grinning at me and I'm terrified and frozen to the spot, thats when I wake up and literally jump out of bed to turn the light on.

The looking down at myself asleep again is a reoccuring dream. It's like an out of body experience as I can clearly see my surroundings. Each time I wake up from these dreams I have to turn all the lights on and I cannot go back to bed let alone sleep.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Huddersfield

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: I have to turn the lights on.

Shelia,
Are your dreams actual dreams or manifestations of your sleep paralysis? Have you been treated for these symptoms and if so by a medical doctor or a psychologist? Your dreams may not be actual dreams at all but a result of your sleep, paralysis.
If you will provide some background info perhaps I will be able to better understand the dreams.

Also, are there any past experiences of a traumatic nature? Are there any past 'terrifying' experiences?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present