Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GrimReaper dream

I was wandering if someone may be able to understand better than I, my dream. I was lying in bed awake when in walked this thing looking like the grim reaper, it had a black hoodie,black jeans and white eyes. I sat up in bed because I was so scared and then I woke up instantly. Thanks for your time. Cara

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36,Ky

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: GrimReaper dream

Cara,
A more complete dream would provide a better chance at understanding the symbolism. But with what you provided the possibilities could be:

1} Seeing the grim reaper in your dream could represent the negative, rejected aspects of your personality.

2} It may represent an aspect of yourself that you have repressed.

3} It could symbolizes 'death' or the end of something. It is not a real death, dreams speak in metaphor and symbols. You may quite your job, moved to another city, ended a relationship.

Few things should be read as a literal thing in dreams.

The hooded {repressed}, black {unconscious} are symbols, metaphor. Being totally dressed in black may suggest something that has 'control' over some aspect of your personality or life{everyone has 'some thing', emotional, that does that}. But that would be addressing deeper psychological issues and with so little to work with {the contents of the dream} it would not be wise to ass.u.me anything.

Unless you do have some deep psychological issues. If you have questions your response may provide further insights. Other dreams could help.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present