Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No fear

Doing my best to keep you busy here..

This is the dream:

At first I'm in a Pizza place, and I've eaten a whole large pizza by myself. I go to the counter to pay for it, and the young girl behind it starts to explain that she is hoping I'll give some tips, because she and another girl who works there are going on some sort of vacation.
I get a bit annoyed, cause the pizza is already very expensive, 265 norwegian kr (about 55 USD) but I decide that I'll give 20 kr to each of them anyway. I calculate, and pay 295 kr. This doesn't really add up, I can see that now, but I'm not to good with numbers in real life either.. I then say to her that I can't give more because I don't have much money, and I have a little girl to feed at home.

Next, I'm running down the street from where I live, I can't remember where I'm heading, but on the way I stumble through a garden and somehow into a house.

I'm in a livingroom, and there's a man maybe in his early fifties sleeping in an armchair by the window. He's got his back against the window and a half empty glass of red wine in his hand. In front of him there is a computer screen. I seem to be balancing on the furniture, cause I see everything from above.

Suddenly I see another man sitting in a second armchair beside him, and he is just waking up, and so the first man also awakes. I am very aware that I shouldn't be there, so I lean backwards against the window, and they don't see me. It seems like they have been taking some drug because the second man says something like: "oh, that really made us drowsy huh?"

I take a backwards flip out the window, I'm totally in control of my movement, and I decide to let them know I'm there, so I stay hanging on the windowsill by my knees for a moment, wiggling my bare feet between them before I land on the ground below the window. ( I hope you can see what I mean here..)
They are both very surprised and thefirst man I saw stands up, and waves his fist at me, probably threathing me cause I broke in. But I shout at him: "I know what you did, I saw you. And you won't get away with it, you will get caught!" I have now realized that he is a pedophile and that he has done some really bad things.
I then feel a sting of fear as I realize that he now will want to kill me because I know and am going to destroy everything.

I run further down the street and suddenly I'm in a store selling childrens clothes. I'm there with a young woman and a little girl, and it feels like I'm protecting them.

After a little while, the man comes through the door, but strangely I'm not afraid. That's because I am now Pippi Longstocking. I'll explain: Pippi is a figure created by the sweedish author Astrid Lindgren, she is the strongest girl in the world, she lives by herself in a big old house with her horse and a little monkey, she has two friends a little girl and a boy, and together they go an many exciting adventures.

Pippi is one of my favorites from when I was a child, and I think now that she somehow embodies the union of the masculine and the feminine. Always strong and confident, and always out to have fun, but always taking the side of the weak. She is caring and sensitive, and always fair. She copes with everything, from building an aeroplane out of a bicycle and some wood to fighting bad pirates or the police who wants to put her in a home. There is just nothing Pippi can't do, and now I'm her, facing this horrible man, not afraid at all, cause I'm strongest in the world.

And one more thing about Pippi, she has a leather bag full of gold coins, so she is also the richest girl in the world, but never bragging about it, or spending it on nice things, just using her wealth to make other people happy.

I thougth it was right to give a rather detailed description of her, since she was the essence of my state in this dream.

Any thoughts?

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: No fear

Inanna,
Keeping me busy keeps me out of trouble. The trouble is I have to face the social dragon {work} all too often {I am semi-retired} and can not give all my time to my dream work. That means I am out of time this morning and will have to analyze your dream later in the day. Plus I want to be able to give as much time to do it right and trying to 'push' it would not be fair to either one of us {both of us wanting to get it right}. I will give my impressions, that is a promise.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Inanna,
I am going to let this dream incubate overnight and give my impressions in the morning. I am interested in learning more about the numbers in the first part of your dream. That requires determining the exchange rate from kr to dollars. You may not know if my interest in numbers, especially the number nine. And numbers often play an important part in dreams.

Is there any further comments about the numbers in this dream that you may have left out? Do any of these numbers have other other meaning to you? They or may noy have a bearing on the dream.

At the end of the dream, about Pippi, you mention gold coins. That too may have something to say about the 'value' of this dream.

In the meantime, since I have failed to keep my promise to interpret your dream this afternoon, here is a clip from the movie 'Pippi Longstocking'.

Pippi Longstocking

Bring back any memories?

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

So many good memories!

The funny thing is that my daughter who is nearly three is a big fan of Pippi too. That warms my heart!

I'm having very vivid dreams now, and I've got a new one from last night, wich seems to be connected to the Pippi dream. I'll post it when you've given some thoughts about this one!

Inanna

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Inanna,
Withstanding the numbers, the pizza may represent that wholeness {circle} you seek in your personal life. It has provided wisdom about your self but at a cost {past experiences?}. There may at times be indecision where you are going but yo do know that to grow {garden} you have to enter into your own house {true self}.

These men in the room and what they did. Is this returning to past experiences in your life? The actions in this part seem to fit a childhood act {hanging on the windowsill by my knees}. The fact you want them to see you may really mean your unconscious wants you to see what those experiences were {"I know what you did, I saw you"}. The pedophile comment. Where does that fit into your past?

Pippi represents what is in you, or that desired thing you wish to possess. She is your protection against the past experiences and the current memories of that past {I'm there with a young woman and a little girl, and it feels like I'm protecting them}. With her help you are no longer afraid to confront that past.
"Always strong and confident", this part of you protects those other valuable and needed aspects {taking the side of the weak, caring, sensitive and fair}.

To confront what is unconscious and causes fear in you is 'golden'. And it is within the unconscious that you discover all that your past is about, and what your true worth is despite those experiences. You are the 'strongest girl in the world' when you undertake such an adventure, delving into your unconscious.

Does that make any sense, Pippi?

Gerard

Gerard,

The interpretation makes a lot of sense to me. I think that the past experience the dream refers to, the cost, is really about the abusive relationship I went through when I was in my early twenties.

Although I was not a child then, I was in a way set back to the state of a child, feeling toatally helpless and paralyzed by this person. I first saw him as a person who would finally take care of me and love me, and I was really in a vounerable place. He manipulated me and made me do things I really didn't want to do, but I felt that he was so superior to me, that his will was the only thing that mattered, and that if I just passed the "test" he would find me worthy of his love.

So I let him dominate me and do whatever he wanted, and when I later on realized that he never loved me, and had just been using me, and taking out some unconcious agression on me, I started to blamed myself for not beeing able to stop it. My self esteem which was already low to begin with was now teriible. I've spent a lot of energy giving myself the same message he did; you're ugly stupid and worthless.

I have now come to realize that I in a way was just a child when it happened. I have never felt really loved by my parents, and I was just so hungry for love and comfort, that i was a relly easy prey.

I've thought about this a lot, and I always end up thinking that I was just like a little girl and he was like a grown man. Maybe the dream is pointing this out, cause I have not actually been abused as a child, as far as I can remember.

My experience has led me to wanting to help others who has been through the same thing, in one way or another.
I also really want to protect other young girls, in some way try to prevent this from happening to others cause I know how much something like that can hurt you. I don't know how yet, but my artistic language is music, so I hope I can contribute through giving the right message some day..

Thank you so much,
Pippi

Inanna,
Pippi,
Uhhh! The confusion

No, none at all. Your explanation makes perfect sense. And it is very interesting to learn of your experience in your 20s and have the dream depict it as a childhood experience {Pippi fits here}. It shows that the state of mind during that experience plays a strong role in the dream state. A very interesting fact and something that doesn't come along very often in dreams {as my experience goes}.

As for your interest in music to help other young girls. That is a great plan and also perfectly fits with what the psyche seeks for full balance in life. Especially at midlife and beyond. Creativity is the tool that provides that balance and to share it with others, that is a heroine act of great magnitude. Go for it. Let the music begin Pippi.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present