Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boy Ripped Up

So in my dream I met this guy, he was a paper boy and was on his route. I really liked him. We started talking and I was falling for him. He was nice, funny, smart, etc. I could feel long-term coming and he hugged me and stuff. Suddenly, this family comes out of nowhere and starts tearing him into pieces. I think a squid may have been involved in this scene and for what purpose, I have no idea.

All throughout the dream, I refused to believe he was really gone. I kept searching for him, telling myself that people don't really die. But I never did find him. Instead, I ended up in a weird house on a road a few roads over from my house. Nothing really substantial happened here except seeing faceless people.

**Background, yeah, I'm gay. I don't really like thinking about it, but I'm very lonely in the relationship department. I've been single my entire life, and I'm reminded of that everyday. Whereas I can see the boy being a reminder of that, I don't have a clue as to why he was ripped up. Any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? A very long time ago

Re: Boy Ripped Up

Aaron,
You don't have to apologize for your sexual identity. Everyone is equal at the Forum. Slowly but surely the world is transforming to that point of view. It wasn't that long ago no one would think a black man would be a nominee for president of the United States {and will be}. So there is hope for everyone no matter their 'true identity', inside and out.

The boy in your dream you are looking for is probably you. The you that is seeking companionship with another person who is nice, funny, smart, etc., a person just like you. You need love and acceptance {he hugged me}' just like everyone else. But other aspects in life {family}, issues that you as a gay person has to endure {perhaps even from your own family} are 'tearing you into pieces'.The squid is an animal with many tentacles {emotional issues?} and can represent you are feeling threatened. Squids are also solitary animals which may suggest to some degree you may find it easier to isolate yourself instead of risking judgment from others {why many gays live in a closet}.

This dream would be addressing your loneliness as well as identity issues and prejudices that cause those issues. Are there still outstanding issues to your sexuality that need embracing'. And of course as well as that desire for a companion. A long term relationship may or may not help with those aspects but the long term relationship with who you are is something that needs a thorough examination, and embracing.

About the 'companion issue'. You are in that stage of life where 'romantic' interests start to become a part of life. Your sexual orientation causes difficulty from many of your peers, there is no doubt. Like everyone else {{speaking as a straight person with many romantic experiences} it is best to let these things evolve. There is always a haste to 'find someone' but also the risk of emotional stress if you are overly anxious and get into something that doesn't fit. Take your time. There are many guys just like yourself who are looking for the same thing as you. If you will be your true self and treat others as you want to be treated {this gets into spiritual matters of the hero archetype}, just being a good person, it will eventually happen. Most gay men have a natural inherent feminine aspect so use those traits of fairness, compassion and caring and you will find your own 'inner hero' that will prevail no matter how difficult life may become. Embrace your true self and those things that are meant to be will automatically attract themselves to you. Nature has a way of seeing to that.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

You know, I was reading that and every bit of it made sense. The only thing that I don't see fitting in is family issues. Really, only my mom knows about me. But she and I talk about everything, including this, all the time. She is 100% supportive of me. I don't really fear my dad finding out, it's just a hassle I don't feel like going through just yet.

The squid and threatened: Yeah, I could see that. I walk through every day as confident as possible, but I am always fearing judgment, rejection and yes, assault. The isolation, I'm assuming, can also have to do with me keeping it a secret (like you mentioned the closet) and that is very true.

And with every homosexual, the embracing or, as we call it, accepting who you are, is always an issue. I know who I am and as much as I hate it, I am who I am. There's nothing I can do to change it, and I'm slowly realizing that to it's fullest extent.

Ironically, I was speaking with a heterosexual who is also my age and he also fears there is no one out there for him. I guess we all have the same fears in this world, especially in teenage years.

Thank you so much!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 TN

"The only thing that I don't see fitting in is family issues"

sure it does!! You might not realized it but your subconcious did =)and Gerard was right, you even said it your self..

I don't really fear my dad finding out, it's just a hassle!! "I don't feel like going through just yet".

So it is something that hangs over your head??? (dad/family) or even relatives or friends even the whole world..(accepting? even YOU?)

I know how difficult it is as a teen but Its really up to YOU..Do you know what I mean?

HOW DIFFICULT DO YOU WANT YOUR LIFE TO BE?
think about it..

"I don't really like thinking about it/I know who I am and as much as I hate it"

Thats where it all starts, You have to learn to Accept and Love Urself!!
After that everything else should go smooth because YOUR NOT HIDING ANY SECRETS TO WHO YOU ARE..

Suddenly, this family comes out of nowhere and starts tearing him into pieces.
BOY RIPPED UP is your self-image, persona. How you wish for others to see you.
To ripped or tare is to find/search ur true identity, to reveal

You have to have CONFIDENCE in yourself.Don't worry too much on what others might think they can only bring you down and its a waist of time.
TRUST ME & GOODLUCK!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28yrs old - las vegas, nevada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present