Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dr Phil

Hi,
Someone whom I chat to on the the internet (a girl) said she dreamt of me on TV. I was on the Dr Phil show and Dr Phil said I was a teacher and was becoming a footballer (soccer player, for u guys). Then the girl in her dream ran up to the TV to see me, and then I was gone.

What does it mean?? Does it have to do with her? Does this dream reflect anything on in my reality?? I checked what soccer meant at dreammoods.com and it suggested something to do with sexuality, and that's a bit unnerving. And the teacher part said I would give others advise??

Waiting for some insight :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dr Phil

If it was her dream then it would be mostly about her.
Dreaming about a doctor may represent a need for physical, emotional, or spiritual healing.
If you are a teacher in her dream, it means that you know some things better than others and tend to lecture people.
The dream could be addressing your issues with authority and approval.
cant find anything on soccer but as to "becoming" a sport player/ball player, dreaming of playing games traditionally means a time of relaxation and ease, wherein one can regather his or her resources.

But in this day and age, it could be a pun, indicating that someone is “playing games” with you. Watching a game hints at feelings of being on the outside looking in—or possibly feelings that you’re sitting on the sidelines while life passes you by.

"Then the girl in her dream ran up to the TV to see me, and then I was gone"

could the girl be her?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28yrs old - las vegas, nevada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Oh sorry wasn't clear. This girl, lets call her Louise for example, dreamt of me and Dr Phil (u heard of him?? he's kinda famous)on TV. Dr Phil said to me that I was a teacher who was becoming a football player. Then Louise heard this/wanted to pay more attention to the TV, like ran up to it, and then I was gone.

Does it make it any clearer?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Mo,
julz is correct. If the girl had the dream then the dream is about her. The best you can do in the dream is be a part of a relationship with her. Her age would be important. Let's assume she is your age.

Again julz points out some good possibilities. Dr. Phil is a psychologist. Since the dream would be primarily about the girl {and not you}, that may suggest an emotional attachment of some sort {psychologists deal with the emotions}. Of course as of late Dr. Phil has had some bad press {the episode with Brittany Spears being one} so 'Louise's' impressions of Dr. Phil could play a role in the dream scenario.

The teacher/footballer part of the dream may suggest her impressions of you. A teacher would be someone who influences people in a positive way. For a girl a footballer may be less so, more so a roughian. Her running up to the TV {her emotions on display} and you being gone, that may indicate her first impressions of you have disappeared. Has there been a disconnect of some kind between you and her which would change her mind/attitude about you?

I don't see anything in the dream that would indicate any sexual associations. Unless of course the change of mind had to do with 'sexual advances' on your part {which i don't see in the dream}. Is that a possible reason for her change of attitude?

julz. Very good instincts. For a very long time, when I first started interpreting dreams, I used dream dictionaries {the sort I have at MDS and not the asinine types found in many dream books} as a primary resource. They provided me with an understanding of the possibilities of dream symbols and their applications. I still use them as a 'refresher'. I suggest you continue to use them while you study Jung's approach to dreams. You have good intuitive insights {very important for anyone who wishes to interpret dreams}. Intuitiveness is a 'feminine' aspect of the psyche. And that fits perfectly with someone who has one foot in the masculine world and another in the feminine {you know what I mean}. If you use that as a positive you will be utilizing the best of who you are in a positive and constructive way.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Okay I'll paste from dreammoods.com it says:

"To dream that you are playing soccer, suggests that you are suppressing your sexuality and/or aggression and expressing it in a more socially acceptable manner. From a Freudian perspective, sports, in general, serve as a disguise for attitudes about sex as a aggressive act. Hence soccer can be seen as a pun for "sock her". Alternatively, the game of soccer may refer to how you function and run your life when confronted with challenges. It is symbolic of your competency, integrity, strengths and weaknesses. "

The girl is aged 18. I asked her about her opinion on Dr Phil she said "well he sux! and i think all his episodes r actin, aint real!" :/ Says alot...

Regarding sexual advances on my part, no way, none at all lol.

This girl does look at me in a romantic way and recently I have been a lil bit harsh with her, which might explain the footballer part??

Hope this helps

Mo,
To address the meaning of soccer found at DreamMoods {it is the same explanation as found at HyperDictionary, word for word}. It is a stretch to associate soccer with sexuality just because it is a sport. Besides that Freud has to be taken with a grain of salt. Everything about Freud was sexual or pseudo sexual. It was one of the primary reasons Jung broke from Freud, unable to accept Freud's sexual-centricity of psychoanalysis.

Sigmund Freud saw the prime mover of the unconscious as sexual energy or libido.
Alfred Adler made it the drive for power to overcome inferiority feelings.
Jung divided the unconscious into two layers. Within one, relatively superficial, he gave libido and the power drive less ambitious roles. In the second and far deeper stratum, he perceived the force of the primeval, collective unconscious of the human race.

Her reaction to Dr. Phil {which closely mirrors how I feel about him} has to be taken in consideration. And we must remember the dream is about her, and not you. You are merely a secondary relationship at best. The footballer would have to do with her psyche. It is her 'reality, not yours.
I don't see anything within the dream that makes me believe it is about sex. My take is going from teacher to footballer is a regression. After she approached the TV you were gone. You regress to a lesser role, and then disappear. I would want to know what that may be about {in her mind}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Mo, No matter what she thinks of Dr.Phil in real life still doesn't change what he represent in her dream (psychologists who deals with emotions)her emotions..

.And as Dr.Phil butting in announcing that your a teacher BECOMMING a football player(soccer player)Dr.Phil is letting her know her "feelings of emotions" towards you perhaps?
Can you see the two different change of a TEACHER SUDDELY BECOMMING A SOCCER PLAYER? Could this also represent personality changed that she notice another side of you?

You in her dream as a teacher maybe as to what she thought of you at first.A teacher(person) who she respect, look up to,rely on.

(BECOMMING)

SOCCER may refer to both of you to how she function and run her life when confronted with challenges integrity, strengths and weaknesses and the part you come in is your harsh words,right!

Then Louise heard this/wanted to pay more attention to the TV, like ran up to it, and then I was gone.

Im gonna go on a limb here even if im wrong. I think her subconscious wants her to pay attention to her feelings. notice "she wanted to",but decides not to in real life beacause she knows if she does then you will dissapear in her life.Which is why the ending is the way it is..does that make sence.lol

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28yrs old - las vegas, nevada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thanks alot guys

stats from 7-14-10 to the present