Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
day dreaming at night.

i dont have a specific story-like dream. i wouldnt even call it a dream, more a half conscious sleeping experience. i have never written about this, and i dont know where to start.

this dream first accured when i was 13 or 14. i wake up in my room, everything is normal, the room is exactly as i left it before i went to bed. the only thing wrong is that i feel something horrible is about to happen, and i have no energy, not even to get up. in the dream i try to get out of bed, but i roll over and end up on the floor. i try to call my parents, but i have no voice, the feeling is intense and i realize that if i dont get out of the situation now then something terrifying will happen. i start hitting the dresser by the bed with my hand to make some noise. i understand no one will come for me, i realize its a dream and i focus all my energy on waking up. eventually i wake up.

for 5 years ive been having dreams following this pattern, only theyve developed. now, when im in this dream i know it immediately, im completely aware of the time and date and of the fact that im dreaming. i dont try to call for anyone because i know i have no voice. it doesnt take me a long time to get up, usually i try to concentrate on a finger that i can move or try to gain conscious awareness of body parts that are asleep in reality.that helps me get up.

the main things that characterize these dreams are
-no energy whatsoever, like a sick person laying in bed being fed
-intense feeling that something horrible is going to happen if i dont get up soon, either something will take over my body or a fear of going insane
-complete awareness that i am dreaming, i remember getting frustrated at finding myself in this dream one night, i had a test the next day and knew that my hours of sleep were crucial, i tried extra hard to wake up from the dream quickly
-the understanding that something very negative is after me. many times ive had dreams where my body is being lifted in the air and thrown across the room over and over again. although i know i am dreaming, i still find myself wondering if someone will hear me crashing, because it feels so real.

through time ive learnt to deal with these dreams, there was a time when i tried to stay in the dream, in order to understand why it was happening to me. i got better at it, and i have been able to speak in these dreams lately, even scream for help. its gotten easier to wake up, but i often find myself drifting off to sleep immediately after waking up and finding myself a minute later again in the dream. i now turn on the light when i get up from the dream in order not to slip into it again. when the light is on the dream does not accure, but i find it extremely hard to fall asleep when it is not completely dark.

sometimes i find myself in the dream every few nights, and many times the dream will accure more than twice in one night. sometimes the dream does not accure for months at a time and i am sure that i have gotten rid of it, but it always comes back.

i dont know what it means, i dont know IF it means, i dont know what to make of it. i do know that it is depriving me of sleep and i believe it has some sort of explanation.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19 Israel

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: day dreaming at night.

Welcome to the Dream Forum Mia,
I'll try to enlighten you to the world of Jungian psyche and perhaps that will answer some of your questions. Jung was a scientist and approaching the dreams state was an objective endeavor. What he found may be subjective to some but my experience in interpreting dreams {10+ years} has shown me he had it right. The pages at Myths-Dreams-Symbols {100+} help define, in layman's terminology, what those philosophies are.

You state the first dream began at the age of 13-14. Was there any significant emotional experiences at that time or prior to it that you can remember? Since they began at that age the dream would be addressing experiences {emotional if not physical} prior to the dreams.

Dreams are primarily about the emotions, your emotions, and those things that affect your mental state. Although there may be physical aspects that are involved, it is the emotions that are affected first. Everything is first psychological.

Dreams speak in a language of symbols and metaphor. There is a therapeutic aspect to dreams.

Your room in the dream would be you, or some aspect of your psyche.

"i realize that if i dont get out of the situation now then something terrifying will happen".

The situation that you are in, what is it that threatens you so profoundly that you 'must get out of'?
The dream is about you and your life. Where in your life does this fit? Is it a personal thing involving family and relationships? Or it could be safety and security {living in Israel}?

Focusing all your energy just to wake up. What is it that you need to wake up to {remember, metaphor as the language}? Are there any associations to the ages 13-14?

"the fact that im dreaming". Perhaps it isn't a fact that you are dreaming, perhaps it is a wish that you were 'just' dreaming. The facts may be real {that cause you to need to use all your energy to wake up to}.

Having no voice often represents not being able to properly express something within. Again we are back to emotional experiences.

The 'negative' thing that is after you. What could that be? Could it have began at the age of 13-14?

"there was a time when i tried to stay in the dream, in order to understand why it was happening to me".

In most cases it is best to stay with the dream and let it completely unfold. Although the dreams may not express in everyday language what it wishes to say, they do attempt to express it in its language of symbol and metaphor. What needs to be done is to compare the dream scenario to your actual waking life experiences and emotions. It is much like a puzzle you have worked with before but the pieces are unrecognizable due to the different language used in dreams {Much like being English and having the dream symbols in Japanese}.

It is too frightening to just stay asleep and let the dreams unfold? If you can do that you may discover deeper clues to what that 'negative' thing in your life is. Dreams are not just a foolery of words that have no meaning. They are about you and have purpose in exposing the true self and true emotions. The intent is to 'wake you up' to what may be needed to bring balance and harmony to your life, an attempt to turn that 'negative' into a positive.

Let me know your impressions to what I have provided. We may be able to discover more from your reply.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard-

First of all, thank you for the long and personal response. It is hard for me to answer many of your questions, because i dont really know the answer to them myself.

Nothing very significant happened to me when i was 13-14, i had a hard time when i was 15, basically a sort of teen depression, but that was after the dreams began. I don't remember feeling extremely threatened, or feeling like my life is in immediate danger. I only know this feeling from the dreams. The reason i have to wake up is because i feel that if i stay in the dream longer i might not be able to get up from it at all, and i should do it while i still can. I know that im not a very balanced person, if i get hot i turn the air conditioning all the way up, when im cold ill put on 2 more layers only to take them off again 5 minutes later because it is too warm. when im hungry i order a lot of food, but i never finish it because when im full i cant look at it anymore. what im basically saying is that i know im impulsive and have a quality where i get stressed easily if im in a situation i do not want to be in. that is also an explanation to why i need to get up immediately, it is because i cant stand being there.

you said i should compare the dream to my life, and that is hard to do. the only comparison i can make is of being unable to express things (in the dream, having no voice) sometimes i just randomly leave places because i feel too full of something that does not fit with that place and those people. even if it is a close friend's house or a nice family dinner.

i will try to continue this reply later, i have a lot more to tell you but for now i have to go, thank you...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19 Israel

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Mia,
"Nothing very significant happened to me when i was 13-14, i had a hard time when i was 15, basically a sort of teen depression, but that was after the dreams began".

If that is the case the reason for the dreams was prior to you being 15. The changes, and pressures {physical and psychological} of 'becoming' a teenager are real {as is the mid-life 'crisis' beginning around the age of 40}. The balance you speak of may have started with that depression {you still are a teen}. Or perhaps the pressures of life due to the changes.

What makes you believe you are not a balanced person? There may lie the cause of these dreams. It seems you tend to over compensate for things that you 'feel' a need for {turning up the air conditioner, putting and taking off layers}. These may seem like an innocent actions where in fact they are a product of indecisiveness due to some stimulus/experiences earlier in life {prior to 13-14 years old}. The impulsive behavior most likely has a source, over compensating in one thing that hides deeper emotional stress.

What has your family life like? Does any parent have such impulsive/compulsive behavior patterns? What is experienced in childhood often becomes a habit later in life {children of parents who smoke will have a greater tendency to smoke also}.
Compare this to your waking life, including your childhood. See if it fits.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present