Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interpretation of my Dream

I have many weird dreams but this one has been bugging me for the past couple days and I was wondering if anyone could help me out by understanding its meaning. Just to warn you, it is pretty odd.

OK
So i am at a stadium watching a sports game which is a mix of some football/rugby type sport. It is a huge deal because the staduim is filled. Also my brother is playing with the team as a kicker which is odd because he is not very athletic. I am at one of the far sides where I see this particular girl's (who I dislike) father. He does not like me, but bothers to say hi. I respond with a hello but I move to the other side of the stadium to avoid him. When I get to the other side I see my brother by himself on the field making a small ball of mud (or snow I can't really remember). With this ball he throws it up in the air and kicks it, when it turns into a golden snitch (from harry potter). This snitch is supposed to pick someone and make them them "chosen" (for what I do not know). After this, I leave to walk around what would be the alley behind the seats where the food vendors and merchandise people usually are. I am casually talking to a random person in the crowd when the snitch chooses me. It is a huge deal and as a symbol that I am chosen Now I have this odd dark purple plastic butterfly that can fly always following me. I leave the stadium because of the shock of being chosen and go to my old US history teacher to hear his opinion. Then I woke up

I need help please!
-Vic

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, Maryland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Interpretation of my Dream

Vicky,
First let me ask if there have been recent experiences where you actually attended a sporting event at a stadium? The dream may be addressing something relevant to that if so.

On the other hand the dream may be using symbolic metaphors to address some emotional conflict in your life. Since there seems to be a primary focus on me
males in the dream {your brother and the father of girl you dislike}, perhaps we can take that as a clue to the dream message.

Your brother may represent an aspect of your psyche that needs improving. Although in real life he is not the athletic type, in your dream he is the opposite. This may suggest you need to enhance these masculine traits within yourself. These may be traits you do not normally exhibit or do not seemingly fit with who you are {"the girl's Father does not like you"}. Stadiums are places where there are usually games of combat, or in your case conflicts. Since the Father does say 'hi' perhaps that is an invitation to reconsider these traits as something beneficial for you. You are avoiding him/them for some reason.

In the dream it seems you identify with your brother which may suggest there is merit to some weak masculine aspect that you possess. The snitch may be your unconscious trying to inform your conscious self about this particular aspect.

Being chosen. This may be what your weakness is. An identity crisis of a need to be a 'chosen' one. This is a huge deal in your waking life. The butterfly may be what you wish to be a positive impression of you by others.

You seek advice from another male, a history teacher. Do you in real life think of him as someone you trust? Perhaps he represents something you can trust within yourself.

I get the sense the dream is addressing certain personality traits along the lines of a need to be the focus of attention. Have there been recent waking experiences where being 'chosen' was a factor? The girl you dislike may involve that actual girl but also something about yourself you do not like. Being chosen may be saying something about this need to be the 'center' of attention, which in itself may say something about the negatives of feeling that way.
Does any of the above strike a cord with your actual waking experiences? Your age makes it difficult to understand what is going on in your head since dreams of teens often focus on outer waking experiences. Such experiences are not often spelled out in a dream and only you know the associations to them.

For some background info on dreams which I highly suggest you read to get a better understanding of how dreams function:

A Simple Guide to Dreams

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Vicky,
I am getting an unusual number of dream requests from younger people and would like to determine if possible the source that led you to my Dream Forum. Could you provide the source or reason how/why you happened upon my site?

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

Thanks for the insights!

I have not been to a stadium lately but I play alot of sports. For the masculinity part, I do not think that is the problem because I am currently a highly recruited field hockey athlete and am more of the tom boy type.
Well I have to go but thanks again!

I found this site simply by doing a google search for dream interpretations and your site popped up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, Maryland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Vicki,
You seem to be missing the point. The need to be recognized is a personality trait. There may be too much of an emphasis on this aspect. I'll address it in more detail later.

Gerard

Vicki,
To follow up on my last post. The personality trait that I spoke of, the masculine aspects, may be advising you there is too much of that in your personality.
The deeper aspects of being 'too masculine' may be seen in your personality. If so then it could very well be a deterrent to a balanced psyche. The girl you dislike in your dream may be yourself, your feminine aspects. The term 'snitch' conjures up derogatory thoughts of someone who defies what is true. And the need to be chosen may say as much about your masculine self as anything. Too much emphasis on that can lead to an out of balanced psyche.

I am afraid you may not understand where I am coming from. Perhaps a little more study of Jungian psyche will help. Again I direct you to my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. Start there, if there is an interest to learn more about yourself. It may not matter much in the present but later on it may be very important in understanding who you are.

A last inquiry. Does sexual preferences inter into the equation?

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present