Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back to school?

I'm back with another dream that I would like help with. My usual dreams that consist of just bits and peices seem to be gone for a while.
I just want to say, before I begin talking about my dream, that I believe that sometimes my dreams are a means of my subconscious communicating to me of my problems, wishes, and needs in my waking life(primarily the emotional aspects)and that I'm very grateful for your interpretation.(the previous one was very eye-opening)

I don't remember quite so much from this dream, but I will try my best to mention everything in an understandable manner.

The dream started off at a fast-food restaurant located in a really nice shopping center a short ways away from my school. I was with one of my two best friends, and I kept trying to make her hurry up because we were going to be late for class(I'm assuming we went out to eat for lunch or during an off-period)
The next thing I remember is being out in the parking lot, my friend is already in the car(a dark-colored convertible) and I hop in. We spent a long time circling the parking lot, trying to find a way out.
After that, I'm at school, and I'm at my locker(the one I used last year) but the lockers look strange, they're smaller than usual and seem rather beat-up and destroyed. I put in the locker combination and instead of the small tab-thing that you have to pull up to open the locker, there's a giant steering wheel that you have to turn. I begin to turn the steering wheel(it's pink on this locker) but it suddenly breaks off, so I have to pry open the locker somehow. As I'm putting things in the locker, my friend(the person I shared a locker with last year) comes up to me and says "We don't have to share lockers this year... because no one got assigned lockers. No one got any schedules either"
After this, I'm heading to math class. I walk into the room, and no one says I'm late, even though I feel that I am. The room is the same room I had mathematics class last year, but it is in very poor quality, half the desks are gone, and the ones that are there are scratched and ruined. I walk in and proclaim, as I'm sitting down "This school sucks" and a boy who I haven't seen since I had geometry with him in eighth grade retorts "But we have needlepoint"

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Back to school?

Sergeyevna,
Two comments before I tackle this dream. The first is you are right about how 'dreams are a means of my subconscious communicating to me of my problems, wishes, and needs in my waking life (primarily the emotional aspects'. Dreams are about the emotions of the dreamer. And they {dreams} come from the unconscious.

The second comment is about your first posted dream. I believe my take on the 'emotional nourishment' from some masculine aspect or person was pretty much on target. Exactly what that may be is still to be debated. Maybe this dream will help clarify that point.

The fast food restaurant in the nice shopping center may be a desire for some quick nourishment from a 'nice' environment. Since your father died when you were very young that may have to do with the need for masculine input into your life. One of two best friends may represent having one parent and not the other. These are unconscious 'learning' experiences that your conscious mind does not want to miss out on {the subconscious conveying emotional aspects}. This is a large presumption on my part but does seem to fit within the realm of possibilities.

One best friend, circling {circling may represent wholeness and balance in life}, trying to find a way out of the 'parked' position you are in.

Te locker, the one you had last year, may represent emotions that are 'locked in' dealing with your past. This aspect is not in the best of condition {beat-up and destroyed}. The locker combination that needs to be stirred my represent a need to stir yourself to realizing the combinations that are needed to unlock what would be your desire for a normal, balanced life {circling}. The next part may say something about 'no assigned lockers' no schedules' may be about no guidance in certain aspects of your life. The shared locker was pink, the color for feminine aspects. That may represent feminine guidance which you all ready have. But the masculine, there are no schedules, no assignments from that needed aspect of your life.

The last paragraph reinforces the possibility of what I have stated about the masculine aspects in your life. half of what you need is gone making the rest of your life 'poor quality'. Life 'sucks'. Your masculine aspects know only needlepoint and not those required masculine traits needed in life to succeed.

I have presented a scenario that is focused on a lack of masculine qualities in your life. That could be needing masculine guidance from an actual male {is your mother remarried and your step father not a good masculine model"}. It may also be directed at your own masculine qualities which again would stem from a lack of proper masculine guidance in your life. Does you family suffer because of a lack of proper finances? There does seem to be this 'masculine' question pattern in this dream and your other posted dream. Exactly what it is needs to be determined. Your thoughts {give it some serious deep thoughts} and a response may help clarify what these masculine qualities apply to.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

All you said seems very sound. My mother is not married, and the few men she has dated since my father died have all generally tried to put themselves in the place of my father, but I always resented them, because I only wanted my father or no one else. As for the financial aspect, I wouldn't say that we suffer from a lack of finances, but there are some things that we don't have that are probably fairly important(like health insurance) I've known before these interpretations that I need emotional nourishment, though exactly what kind was still somewhat of a mystery. Thinking on it, my mom and my two best friends(both female) are always telling me they love me and always hug me and such, but my brothers hardly say or do such even when I initiate it(I suppose they feel their manhood is at stake, haha!) But it can be disappointins at times. I don't know if this may be relevant, but I was also in a relationship for six months with a guy I've known for a couple years, and I felt he was perfect for me, but he broke up with me without even telling me the reason, and that was almost exactly a year ago.(and this is just my opinion, but it wasn't an immature "just for the sake of having a boyfriend" relationship) Perhaps relevant.

I do a lot of self-analyzation and that's what I came up with...At first, I thought this dream might have been relevant to my stress and anxiety of choosing a college and my major since I'll be finishing high school after this last year... I don't know if it might still be related to this, just a though.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sergeyevna,
I must compliment you for being able to recognize the associations I presented in my interpretations to those actual experiences in your waking life. Sometimes the dreamer misses such associations, especially teenagers. Immaturity definitely isn't a problem for you when it comes to recognizing these difficult issues of the psyche. Many adults have problems of being able to do just that.

The problem with your brothers not being able to show affection. That most likely is a result of not having that proper 'father' figure in their lives, just as it is in yours. Everything has a root cause and childhood experiences usually are the first thing to look for in discovering those roots. They also need emotional nourishment although as you stated it is probably much harder for them to admit {and first recognize} it. The macho thing is always a problem with guys.

There may be an element of the choosing of a colleges a factor in the dreams. The beat up lockers, the poor quality of math class, "This school sucks, all may be addressing your thought process in your choosing a school. But I believe the primary focus of the dream is emotional nourishment issue {fast food restaurant}. But you seem to have a very level head and such issues will play themselves out over time, especially if you continue to 'self-analyze' and look inward. That is a very mature thing and speaks volumes of the many possibilities of good fortune ahead of you. Any college would be lucky to have you as a student. You already have an education in 'hard knocks' {school/life sucks} and those experiences can go a long way in guiding you in the future.

Finally let me say I hope you will continue to self analyze your emotions. And hopefully use the pages at Myths-Dreams-Symbols as a part of that inward search/introspection. I believe you will find Jung has many answers to the questions you will have to contemplate as an adult. Perhaps you will look to your dreams as a apart of that introspection. When you analyze your dreams you are indeed analyzing yourself. Deep stuff but I believe you are more than able to be up to the task.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present