Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Woman With Many Heads

So I just had this dream.

The whole front to the dream seems unnecessary. It basically had to do with me working some strange event and just wanting a drink from the concession stand. Then my friend was on the phone trying to get permission from her mom to go to Nashville but her mother was being stubborn.

(The main part) I was walking up to a grocery store that I knew was closed. There was a young girl rounding up all the shopping carts. I had to do a triple take at her before I realized what I was looking at. This girl had three or four heads. There was the main head, that was concentrated on what she was doing, there were two upturned heads on top of the main head, complete with necks. The final head only showed up once that I can remember. It seemed the main face was split in two at one point.

Anyway, I couldn't help but stare because at first I was terrified. But then all the extra faces started giggling at me. I looked to this billboard. It was directly connected to this girl like a live television. I walked to it and the faces were all smiling at me. Then they started singing to me with perfect harmony. Each face sang a different pitch. I looked at them and said, "Ha. I can't do that." They answered, "We know." By this point, I felt a special connection with this girl. I was no longer afraid at all.

Then I was walking along the front of the building, looking for a way in but not focused on it. Instead, I walked to the side of the building where that billboard was, but I was too close and the screen was blurry. I said, "Argh! I can't see you!" and they replied with, "Well, walk up the hill!" So I did as I was told. I walked to this hill that sloped into the side of the building and turned to face them again. Now, the girl's main face was surround on all sides by four other faces. The upturned faces weren't there anymore.

Anyway, the manager of this store was suddenly on the billboard showing me how to irritate the girls. I didn't like that because I found it cruel.

Any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Woman With Many Heads

Aaron,
I will give this dream a thorough inspection and interpretation in the morning. But a few comments tonight.

The dream sentence, "It seemed the main face was split in two at one point".
A 'seemingly' obvious recognition as to what it applies suggests we are again dealing with those known issues of sexual preference. Two identities that you have to keep up. Not with everyone but some people. And the different heads, and the feminine. The emotional issues in our lives are the cinema productions our dreams showcase while we sleep. We've established the conflicts over identity and this on first glance seems to be pointing in that direction.

And the next paragraph. Those things that were in conflict {and are resolved} become the spirit that is celebrated with the identity of the true self recognition. Accepting the feminine, psyche and 'orientation, is essential for a balanced emotional life.

The last full paragraph may be addressing the the ego/persona, perhaps a need to recognize the true self, and be that self. The conscious recognition of that need to be the true self may be blurred. The billboard may be the ego identity and the 'girls/feminine' that needed recognition to be that 'true self'.

More in the morning. If you read this post before then, please add any comments you may have. There may be notable and recent waking experiences the dream is addressing as well. Those types of experiences are not often clear in dreams and only the dreamer will know if there is a connection. Most dreams do have two elements of the dreamer's life that are being addressed by the same symbols.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Aaron,
I'll await your response as to any waking life experiences this dream may be addressing. There could very well be something of that nature although I do believe, as we have discussed, that these dreams are primarily dealing with inner issues more so than waking life experiences {beyond that which has to do with the subject at hand}.

Perhaps your opening statement is an unconscious admission of what this dream, and your life, is centered on {"The whole front to the dream seems unnecessary"}. The front could apply to your persona. The major conflict in your life is your sexual orientation. In a perfect world, or even in your world, it should be unnecessary to have to 'split' your identity. Perhaps if you had less trouble accepting who you are the 'whole conflict' would be unnecessary. perhaps it is time to make 'concessions' to that true identity and not hide it from anyone, especially yourself.

The grocery store that you knew was closed. Could that represent some type of 'nourishment' issues that is lacking in your life. Or closing off some part of who you are having to do with 'nourishment'? The girl may represent your anima, and the 'split' part of you that is your sexual orientation. There are many 'heads' {mental thinking, rationality, self image and perception, etc.} to this aspect with the main one focused on your orientation. The two upturned heads as well as the 'split' in the main face probably is about your 'split' identity.

The billboard is displaying that 'other' side of your persona/psyche. When you try to communicate with that true Self there are smiles. A Harmonious chorus of your true nature. Accepting that fact has been hard but acknowledging it, who you are, the fears will disappear.

But you are still looking for a 'way out' of being that true self, resisting the inevitable. The lines of who you are become blurred> you need to face up to reality and when you do there will be wholeness and true 'balance' {four faces-4 directions, placing yourself in the center}.

The manager is the ego/person. It irritates the whole matter {as egos will do so not to face the true self}. The cruelty is not accepting that true self.

gerard

I'm going to be honest, I'm baffled.

I can't find anything in my waking life that could have contributed to this dream. That day I had the dream, I was actually laying down for a nap after having to wake up very early for a marching band parade. That morning went very well, except it rained and we just sat on the bus.

The only thing I can agree with is my split self. To some I am gay, to others I am not. That's more of a protective thing. I get mad all the time. I ask God why I couldn't just be made somewhat normal. But in the end, I know what I am and know I can't do anything about it. Sometimes I wish I could seek outside comfort and complete understanding. What I mean by that is, I wish I had a 'someone.' Sometimes I feel that having a 'someone' would help me come to better terms with myself. But as my friend told me, I shouldn't depend on others for my own happiness. I suppose it's true, but it sure would make things easier.

Another thing I'm confused on is the emotion in the dream. At first I was scared, then there was this sense of peace. I had a connection with this woman and she amazed me. She made me feel better about myself because she was so quick to be nice to me. In real life, I would love for her to be my friend.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 TN

Aaron,
Not finding any recent experience in your waking life to associate with this dream suggests it once again is primarily focused on the 'inner' self and not the outer experiences that most 16 year old would dream of. That is because of the conflict having to do with your sexual orientation. I asked about outer experiences just to eliminate any possibilities the dream may be addressing some waking experience.

Yes, the split is between your desire to be 'normal' and your being gay. Some know you as being gay, others do not. But the primary focus of the dreams is your accepting that you ARE gay. There lies the inner conflict. The anger that you feel is at yourself, those emotions of not being normal {which you are-a normal gay person}.

Being scared at one moment and then the sense of peace is about those same conflicts. One moment you look upon yourself as being abnormal because of your sexual orientation. The next your true self becomes comfortable with your identity. This is the unconscious conflict you are fighting within.

The woman, she is you, your anima. Not only to help identify your sexual preferences {the tightrope between masculine and feminine} but perhaps also to focus on those feminine aspects you possess that may be of great help later in life. Often the primary feminine aspect are those creative talents you may possess. Are there any such creative endeavors that you favor?

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present