Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cats and sea creatures

New dream:

I am back from some kind of trip or vacation and approaching my house. I'm with a male friend, I can't recognize him from my real life, but he has a positive energy.
When I'm about to open the door I suddenly remember that I've left all the cats alone, and they've been without food all the time I've been gone. I get very nervous, and I'm prepared to find them dead inside, but when I open the door they are all sitting in the hall, staring at me.
The cats are all black and very big, almost like tall sculptures and they have very big green eyes and I can sense hostility and danger. I know they are really mad at me for leaving them, and yhey are starving and very dangerous.
I start to run with my friend, he first tries to stop me saying: There's no use, cause they are faster than us, but I convince him it's worth a shot trying to fool them.

We run down the street, and suddenly we pass my childhood home. Beside this house there is a small field and a river. We run through the tall grass down to the river and then we cross the water, hoping that the cat following us is afraid of the water. We sit down behind a bush on the other side of the river. We look back can see the track in the grass on the other side, it is impossible to see if something is coming, but suddenly we hear a splash and we realize thet this cat is not afraid of the water at all.
I then see the cat coming behind a bush beside us, and I know we've got nowhere to run.

Next, I'm in the kindregarden where I work, and I'm discussing the aquarium with a collegue. The aquarium is quite new, it's a sort of walk-in aquarium, where you actually go into the water with the fish. (There's no such aquarium there in real life, of course..)
We are discussing the sharks, cause we both think they are not as harmless as we were told they would be. In fact they are quite dangerous and they bite when we go in there, so we both agree thet they should be removed. But then there is the problem with the biting.. how can we get them out of there?

Later in thet dream I'm with a man and a woman climbing out of a cave by the ocean. It has some sort of lonely planet feel to it, as if we were making a tv-programme. I feel like I'm just coming along with them, it is clearly the man and the woman who are running the show.
We climb out of the cave and jump into the water. Then we climb back in, and it is quite challenging. The man and woman are constantly making comments and telling facts about the surroundings. I'm just concentrating really hard to put my feet on safe spots.
There are plants growing in the rocks, and the air is very moist. I know we are in another part of the world, somwhere further south.
The man and the woman also tells me about a strange sea creature that lives in these waters, it is very big and looks like a oversized sea lion, and from it's behind it pours out something looking like bees wax that becomes almost like a cocoon attached to it. I look down on the ground and at my feet I can see a piece of this material, it looks like dark bees wax.

In the end I'm with a family I used to know as a child, and I'm waiting for a childhood friend and her boyfriend to come. I want to call her, but all my numbers have been erased from my phone. I ask the father in the house if I can search her up on the internet, and the son in the house gives me permittion to use the computer.. I start searching, then I wake up..

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Cats and sea creatures

Inanna,
A coincidence? Yesterday before I realized the Forum had been down due to technical difficulties {I was wondering why there were not any new posts} the first name that came to mind while looking over past posts was yours. And then you were the first to post a dream after the technical difficulties were cleared up.

I did take the time to revisit your last post to help refresh our discussions. The internal conflicts we discussed in your life offer possibilities as to what the dream may be focused on {inner possibilities} whereas your age {29 reminds me to look to outer possibilities also.

Your dream
The vacation may represent being away from those aspects that need your attention. This may represent being focused on something in the outer life that has taken your mind away from internal conflicts.
Of course the house would be you, your psyche.

The male may represent masculine qualities. Those qualities may be a positive energy within your psyche that you have recently utilized, or need to utilize.

As for the possibilities of the 'outer' life. The male friend could also represent an actual male in your life who possesses a 'positive' energy. Perhaps someone you have not met yet, but wish to.

I was going to ask if you were married but after quickly referring back to your previous post I see you are in a relationship. I see there may be problems in that relationship. Perhaps that indicates associations to this dream.

Leaving the cats alone may symbolize not giving attention to some feminine aspect{s}. Those feminine aspects could likely represent emotional issues. This fits with the 'vacation' you were on. No matter how much you try to get away from emotional issues in your life, they are always there, waiting {the hall being the connection between conscious and unconscious}.

The running away. Metaphorically, subconsciously, that probably represents just that. Running away from certain emotional issues. The black cats would be strong unconscious 'hostile' emotional issues.
The male in this part of the dream could represent the two different aspects of your psyche I suggested earlier. Only you will know if there is a real male {outside your current relationship} that fits.
Inner wise the man would represent those masculine qualities that you need to to possess help you through the inner conflicts. But the emotional strain may becoming too much to endure {trying to fool yourself}.

We go back to your childhood home. This is probably addressing childhood emotional experiences.
{Here is a reference and comments post about childhood images in dreams}

This part of the dream may be addressing childhood influences that have left emotional 'tracks'. Past experiences that you no longer can run away from.

The aquarium holds water which holds fish {water being the unconscious and fish being the true self}. Perhaps this represent new discoveries about yourself/your past or a need to discover those things.

The discussion is with yourself. The narrative in this part seems to be addressing something other than just inner aspects, possibility addressing something in your past, some person{s} perhaps being the shark{s}. Does the 'biting' bring up any memories from childhood?

The dream is that 'tv program' of your life.

Climbing out of the cave by the ocean. To me that represents the 'very deep' unconscious. The man and woman could be those masculine/feminine aspects, your total psyche. But I sense it may also be about real people. Running the show. Parents in childhood?
You were 'just coming along'. That may indicate a lack of proper nourishment from a parent or parents.

My sense about in and out of the unconscious {the cave}, along with other dream statements, is you are undergoing some emotional stress in your waking life, perhaps having to do with new realizations in your life. Or possibly you are at that stage where you need to confront these emotional issues.
{telling facts about the surroundings}. Facts about your life, in particular about your life as a child?
Yet, being careful to step gingerly on the emotions.

Perhaps the plants growing in rocks represents achieving stability in life. In another world, the deeper unconscious world {going south}.

The next part of the dream could be using definite metaphors to describe negative experiences in your life {"strange" sea creature}. If so the over sized sea lion, the bees wax, and the cocoon represent some real material things. Since much of the dream is speaking about 'childhood' it may be worth while to look at these images through the eyes of a child. And consider the actions and interactions {bees wax that becomes almost like a cocoon}
Any clues to what they could represent?

These symbols could also be addressing a transformation within you cocoon. Bees wax representing 'moulding', perhaps addressing imprinting's of past emotional events that have 'molded' you into who you are today.

"I start searching". And back to childhood. Calling yourself, as a child. Something you wish to erase? Father in your house.
Son in the house? HMMM...

Do you have a son?

Consider these possibilities and let me know what fits.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you once again for your thoughts. I think it all fits very well, but I'll have to give a more detailed reply in a week or so. Going on vacation an won't be much online until we get back..
I'll give you some more information then!

Inanna

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Gerard,
It's quite difficult at this time to find the energy to concentrate on resolving all these issues. Everything feels so overwhelming and it feels like a Sisifys mission. Pushing the stone uphill just to see it roll down again. So I guess i have tried to run away resently, cause the emotions are so disturbing in the daily life. But still, running away is really no option, the emotions always catch up and attac me.
The wish to run away comes from the feeling of not beeing able to overcome my difficult childhood and more recent difficulties.
You are right about my childhood being controlled mostly by my parents will and view of the world. I was just coming along, trying to fullfill their needs and wishes. This is probably something I have continued to do in my relationships later in life. This makes me feel used and never really loved, even if this is not the reality now.

Last night I had another dream from wich I just remember one short glimpse: I'm in the ocean swimming near my childhood home. I suddenly feel something on the back of my neck/head. It is a small turtle thet has attached itself to me, I don't know the right word in English, but I think octopuses have them on their tentacles, to suck on to stones by vacum effect. It has a big one of these under its belly and is stuck on me. I don't panic, in some way I feel I like this little turtle, but I really want to get it off me. I pull and pull and finally it gives in, and I feel relieved..

Do you think this could add some information to the previous dream?

Thank you for your help, I'll try to be more dedicated to my dreams, even if it sometimes feels like there is no use, cause I don't manage to handle the issues they adress anyway.. But giving up is no option for me either!

Inanna

Inanna,
Swimming in the ocean usually symbolizes 'swimming in the deep unconscious. It would be addressing those childhood issues you spoke of. Although you are older those issues have attached themselves to you and you are in a shell that needs to be let loose. It still controls your actions {something I have continued to do in my relationships later in life, its tentacles are a vacuum that is a product of your childhood. Although you are learning to cope with those influences they still govern parts of your life and you want to completely remove its control.

I am a firm believer that childhood experiences form who we are and much of our actions later in life {personal experience supports this belief}. Many of us 'unconsciously' get into a particular type of relationships because of those childhood experiences. Introspection is the best way to determine the affects of why we act as we do later in life. I came out of my 'shell' using Jung's Individuation Process. If you haven't already looked at this philosophy I suggest you do so. It may be of great help. The goal is break those negative patterns of behavior.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present