Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Large Animals

I am outside in a mountainous jungly area walking on a path of finely ground stone with larger stones on the side. I see these large animals lumbering toward me from a far off distance going the same direction I am. I feel apprehension as they are huge, but look like a mother hippopotamus and her baby or maybe a rhinosaurus. I walk more quickly. Then I see 5 large tigers running towards me in the far off distance with one roaring at me and it lifts its front right paw in a swipe. I run to a white trailer on stilts and quickly climb up the stairs and run in. A blonde man is inside who helps me in. Then I see the hippo and her baby again out the screened window. I feel safe and the hippo and baby are not frightening.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 & Southeast

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Large Animals

The mountainous part of the jungle can be a metaphor for the challenge that you are facing ahead. You feel frightened by the hippo, which is a very misunderstood creature that is actually quite peaceful. The rhino may be something that actually wants to help, but you are afraid to face it, and by running away from it, you encounter the real threat. {the tigers} From what I gather the trailer on stilts is high on the ground, and will give you a good vantage point to view the jungle {a clearer insight of the challenge.} You are lead in there by a man, or the controlling part of you takes control to help you through this challenge. After gaining insight, you realize that the hippo is not nearly as bad as you thought it was.

The hippo had a baby, so I might guess that you are over concerned in a paternal matter, such as worried about kids moving away, or perhaps you have a sibling who is to be a parent soon. By worrying too much, you risk a bigger problem that the subconscious is trying to tell you: keeping a child away from opportunities, not giving your sibling enough alone time. You may have to control yourself in order to see what is best for everyone.

Michael

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 in Indiana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Angel,
Let me process this dream and your other two posts {as well as Michael's interpretation} in my mind and get back to you later in the day. If you would respond to the other posts with their interpretations perhaps that will provide some clarity to these dreams.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Angel,
I will wait for your response to this and other posts before analyzing your dream.

gerard

Gerard,

I have had another dream about large animals before this one. They were large animals of an orangish yellowish color and they looked either like dinosaurs and rhinos or perhaps hippos too. I was peering through an opening in a very thick cement dirt wall, which I thought was sealed off, but then towards the end to my left there was an opening there. I was at first apprehensive, but then not so much. There were either droppings or vegetation the same color of the animals on the ground. Then a good friend of mine appears with a broom and starts sweeping up some of the droppings. She is known to be very organized and a bit of a take charge kind of person. As for the animals I know in the past I have seen them in dreams when in reference to future business dealings or opportunities or environment. I hope that helps to clairify. I will reply to my other post directly.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 & Southeast

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angel,
I get the sense these dreams are addressing personality traits as well as obstacles in your life that you need to learn to overcome. It may be the personality aspects are what prevent you from reaching certain goals or tasks you are tyring to achieve. The large animals {both dreams} may represent both traits needed in performing certain tasks {all can be aggressive yet determined animals}. My sense is the dreams is pointing to a lack of these qualities. Perhaps you need to develop stronger masculine qualities {hippo and baby} so to achieve those goals/tasks in life. You may need to be both passive and aggressive in life according to te situation before you {"She is known to be very organized and a bit of a take charge kind of person"}.
Does this fit with who you are?

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present