Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5 cent coins South Africa

This is NOT a dream, it is reality. I am constantly finding 5 cent coins (and ONLY 5 cent coins). I don't look for them, I just seem to find them. I am wondering what the possible meaning is?

I read on another forum about a person in Australia that has experienced the same thing in Feb 2007.

I would really appreciate your insights.

Many thanks.

Taryn.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 RSA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: 5 cent coins South Africa

Taryn,
I don't know if there is any significance or not. Logically it would suggest you are having luck at finding 5 cent coins. Symbolically the number 5 often represents change. If it has any meaning {my number is 9 and it is something that comes up constantly} then it may have to do with possible changes that will occur in your life. But that isn't something logic would address. It would have to do with some belief system in numbers as well as a metaphysical presence that is at work. Do you possess such a belief?

How many times have you found the coins? If there is any significance I would look to the number you have found. That number, along with the 5 cent coin may speak to something about your luck. Does a 5 cent coin have any significance in South Africa other than its value?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I do possess a belief in numbers as well as a metaphysical presence that is at work.

I cannot for certain say the number of times that I have found the 5 cent coins, however, it has been often and has been over a period of at least one year, if not longer.

Today, for the first time I found a 10 cent coin which is called the yellow series with the Arum Lily.

The 5 cent coin is called the red series with the blue crane bird represented on it.

Do you have any further insights?

Many thanks.

Taryn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Herewith is some info on the coins:

10 cent coin:
Flower Name Meaning Flower Name Meaning
Arum Lily Ardor Orange Flower Chasity

5 cent coin:
Blue Crane
The blue crane: the indwe is South Africa's national bird. Its tail feathers (isithwalandwe) are used as symbols of bravery and the emblem of war. The isithwalandwe was traditionally conferred to adorn warriors.

Look forward to your insights.

Regards.

Taryn.

Taryn,
Let me present you Carl Jung {for which this web site is dedicated} theories on numbers that may provide insights to their significance in dreams and in life.

Jung saw that numbers were not just artifacts of the conscious mind, but had a deeper significance, a mysterious numinous aspect, which is why they appeared so frequently in divination procedures like that of the I Ching, which he felt was based on ideas similar to that of synchronicity. Number was, therefore, connected to synchronicity. It brought order and had an archetypal foundation, and so Jung defined it as an "archetype of order." Number appeared, as well, in the symbols of the self that Jung called mandalas that often have a "four-fold structure, or some multiple of four. Number seems to be used by the unconscious to create order.

You may want to explore the synchronistic associations to your finding 5 cents coins. I often think of the number 5 as representing change in some aspect of the dreamer's life. Are there such changes in your waking life, perhaps even subtle changes that over time add up to a total change in a particular aspect of your life.

As for the significance of the colors and images on the coins I suggest you look up the origins of those features. Often they represent something in a cultural or society. You may discover associations there that fit somewhere in your life. There could be mythological associations which could bring you back to Jung since mythological symbols are often the dream archetypes of the psyche {they are related in that they often share the same origins}.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

I have conducted further research on the possible meaning, this is what I have come up with thus far:

My feeling is that it is about the 5th dimension. Herewith are some notes on my findings:

(1) We need to transcend our fears and learn about love, real love, which has to start with the self. Because, until we can love and trust ourself, We cannot truly love or trust anything or anybody else.

(2)and some days we do well and some days we have slipped back into old Third-dimensional patterns. But, from this day, the 1:1:1, we can be certain that we will really need to work with all the Higher Dimensional living skills that we have developed. From now on, the planet will be evolving within her new Fifth Dimensional Matrix, and we will need to be able to live in harmony with this energy signature.

(3) would say that the biggest change I have seen has been the movement from a perception of huge distances and separate nations, to a perception of One Planet that is in constant connection and movement.

Regards.
Taryn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present