Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Garden, cards, woman

Last night I had a very strange dream that if you could help me understand would be wonderful!
---
In this dream, I found myself standing in a courtyard. It was calm and the sky overcast, but not threatening. I felt confused as I looked around and saw dark green grass and dark gray stones all around. To my north, a terrace of steps. To my west, a stone doorway with a title carved in capitals on the top, leading to more gardens, it seemed. To my east, another stone doorway similar to the first, with cold, gray stone stairs, leading down. I never saw the south. I had no idea where to go. A heard an old woman's voice whisper, "To the court of Neptune!" Or something like that.

I became excited, and turned and ran down into the east entrance. As I ran down the steps, which had a wall on the left, I was joined by a blond man who I do not know on my right. He was taller than me, and dressed in a beige sweater. He was smiling, and the atmosphere around him was like that of a good friend.

I reached the end of the stairs first, and grabbed his hand and turned to my right into another smaller garden. In the center of then garden in front of us was a long, rectangular stone pool, filled with the most royally blue water I have ever seen. I couldn't see the bottom. I became nervous. The voice whispered again, saying,"Play with the cards!" And in front of us these beige, old, but beautiful cards appeared.

I let go of the man and reached out and touched a card. Suddenly a gust of wind blew the cards into the middle of the pool and they rose into a twirling column. I ran sraight towards it, not even touching the water, but barely floating, as if I were carried by the wind too. Instictively I knew the card for me. It flew out from the whirlwind and towards me. Excited, I reached out and touched it, gently. I saw the card in the air, and it read ontop in gold letters, "BRIANA". Underneath,was a beautiful and intricate illustration of a woman's bust, slightly turned. She had flowing RED hair that wrapped around her neck, and flowers bordering her, I belive. And in that instant I wanted her, badly, almost like a passionate love. (I am a girl, and I have been romantically involved with another girl prior.)

Then the card flew away, and I never saw the back of it. I turned my head and saw another card, twirling in the air. It said, "SNOW WHITE" on it and a picture of a golden tree and something white underneath. It swivelled, and read,"WHITE" on the other side, and darted away. I saw the blond man smile at me, and I got the feeling that it might have been his card. At this point the cards were just flying all around, and I asked, "What does it mean?". From then on, I can't remember anything else.
---
I'm someone who doesn't usually have alot of detailed dreams, nor do I usually recollect my dreams very well. But this dream is the most vivid I've ever had by far. Please help me!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14, Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Garden, cards, woman

Al,
Your dream starts out depicting your emotional calm but with possible clouds hanging over you. Although the situation doesn't seem to be 'threatening' it does seem to cast a dim light over some aspect of your life. The confusion may be a result of not looking in the right direction to solve this sober mood.

In many mythologies 'old woman' is often a source of inspiration and a guide. In a woman's dream 'old woman' would often symbolize the wisdom of the dreamer's psyche.

The blond man may actually represent a real person in your waking life {I am mindful of your age, teens dreams often focusing on waking experiences} or a positive masculine aspect within your self. Either way this is a positive aspect in your life. Since you are 'running down' the steps there is most likely an element of unconscious knowledge about this part of you that you are not 'completely' consciously aware of.

blond is often associated with the feminine. The blond man may represent the masculine within the feminine psyche. This may go to gender issues.

The cards may be the cards dealt to you in life. The old woman and the blond man are symbolic of the wisdom of the deep psyche, an aspect we all possess. They may also represent balance. Often this aspect is ignored or repressed by the ego persona because it is in opposite to the material world {old woman as a spirit guide}.
Your cards are positive even with the darkness of some aspects in your life.

The dream cards may be associated with your sexual identity. You state you were in a romantic relationship with another girl. But have you had a relationship with a guy? 'Snow White' may represent your virtue in that aspect of your life. And the flying cards may represent indecision on which gender you truly prefer.

The clouds could very well be associated with this decision about relationships. Overall you seem to have a positive outlook on life but this aspect is not quite clear. The cards may be advising you to be who you really are. That true aspect would be the beautiful cards.
Underneath,was a beautiful and intricate illustration of a woman's bust, slightly turned.
Within the unconscious is that true self {with an accent on underneath}.

But confusion still reigns. "What does it mean" suggests there is still not clarity to this question.

In mythology the hero/heroine always seeks that true self. Perhaps this dream is directing you to look in that direction.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present