Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trapped by spider webs?

I have recurring dreams where I feel "trapped" in various locations by spider webs (usually with spiders in them).

Last night:

I was in a large field with an outdoor swimming pool. I dove into one end of the pool, swam across, and got out the other side; I dried myself off, and sat under a large tree with hanging branches. It was very serene. I then realized that hanging off the branches on all sides of the tree were large spider webs (with spiders) that hung down until almost touching the ground. The only way out from under the tree was to walk right through them (and I had very little clothing on because I had just been swimming). I was terrified and even yelled out to a woman across the field to come to my aid by brushing some of the webs away so I could get out from under the tree.
I have no arachnophobia or "fear of webs" in reality...but this is a recurring element in my dreams (in one previous dream I was trapped in a room in a house by webs).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Los Angeles

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: trapped by spider webs?

Ani,
What is it that makes you feel 'trapped'? It may involve a web of emotions that consciously you do not outwardly demonstrate but subconsciously {diving into the pool} it bothers you very much. The branches may indicate two things; one being another term for the web of emotional experiences that have you trapped and the second may elude to your family {branches of the tree}, some part of which you wish to get out from under. You have to weave through the intricacies of these relationships and in doing so you have bare your true emotions {very little clothing}.
A possibility is the spider representing your mother. What is that relationship about? And/or other family relationships? If there are not any conflicts there what other aspects of your life make you feel trapped? Something that gets you emotional?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: trapped by spider webs?

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure exactly what makes me feel "trapped", although in the dream I seem to have an intense aversion to the webs themselves (I don't want them to touch me at all, or even get near them). In short, they make my skin crawl.
I have a pretty solid/positive relationship with my Mother, but I am adopted, so I suppose there could be some sort of disconnect with my family that I'm feeling subconsciously. I do not know and have never known my biological mother.
I am also getting ready for a rather large change in my life (drastic geographic relocation), so that may have something to do with the dreams. This symbol in my dream has been recurring for quite some time though.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Los Angeles

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present