Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Open to interpretation...

I recently went on a three day mountain hike with 7 other people, family and friends. The first day we hiked into our campsite, uphill 3 miles, humping all our belonging until we were exhausted. The second day I hiked Katahdin and it was an incredibly challenging experience. I slept in a lean-to at the bottom of the Mountain both nights, with my husband and two other adults. And both nights the theme of my dreams was very supernatural. I am now finding it hard to fully articulate the dreams I had on the first night.

The second night I was physically cold all night - it was far colder than normal and my sleeping bag was not rated low enough. I was fairly comfortable on a pad, and I had a small pillow, but I was beyond exhaustion and had experienced something far more spiritual than I expected. It was the most physically and mentally demanding thing I have ever done and I did it in one of the most remote, legendary, and daunting places ever. I woke four times, but went immediately back to sleep.

That night my dreams were wild. They included a red winged blackbird that spoke to me - he wanted something from me but I am not sure exactly what he wanted. I found him and his call unnerving but I decided to hold him a few times since I thought that might be what he wanted. He appeared two or three times throughout the night. Woven into this, I was being framed by a woman who was killing her children one by one (of which she had 4 or 5). My emotions did not center on the horror of children being killed, but more the horror of being framed for something I didn't do. I was desperately trying to premeditate how she would kill the next child, so as to stop her, but I was always somewhere else when it happened. I would hear a child cry out and I knew inside that she had killed another child and people were going to try and blame me. There was something both sinister and supernatural about the mother that was causing me discomfort to think about. I don't really recall seeing her more than once. She was older than me by about 10 years (I am 37), could be called a little frail (I have an athletic build), and a brunette (I am blond).

I was able to save the youngest child, who was less than a year old, and one other. I can't remember how. I also had a cat companion during parts of the dream.

Any idea what this might all mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Maine

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Open to interpretation...

Andi,
A very interesting post, and experience. Let's see if we can come up with a viable reason for your dreams.

First the blackbird that spoke to you. Birds are often seen as spirit guides and in Native American mythology there are many tales of the blackbird giving advice. I was instantly reminded of these tales upon reading about your blackbird. Usually such images come about in a time of psychological changes in the dreamer's life, and/or the onset of challenging physical and psychological endurance {a shaman is first orientated to his spiritual role for the tribe by having to endure many days without food and water and is isolated so to have the 'gods' speak to him}. My first impressions on the presence of the blackbird was 'you had endured such a physical and psychological experience' only on a much smaller scale. But the experience reached down into the soul and perhaps the psyche was touched by the experience. Being in America's cradle of Native American creation and being a part of nature you endured a shaman like experience. Thus the psyche used the blackbird to present a message that needed acknowledgement by your conscious mind. The blackbird was a messenger and such messengers always bring important news about the self. This may have been a synchronised event at a time when your psyche was ready for this news and at a place where nature plays a role in its delivery.

Are you currently involved in important changes in your life? At 37 you are that beginning stage of mid-life, a time when the emotional self begins to 'look back' instead of looking forward, as is the case before the onset of mid-life {you spend the first part of life building the ego, the outer self, and the second part reconciling the whole psyche, the inner journey}.

The message that the blackbird brings is about your emotional life. My impressions are you are being held hostage by some aspect in your life, being framed as it is in the dream. The woman would be another part of yourself and the killing of the children may represent the need to 'kill' some aspect of yourself. This may related back to your own childhood {the years 4 & 5 may be an applicable time frame}. The mother in the dream may add to this possibility. The description of the person may apply to an actual person.

Or the children could represent some aspect of your own psyche that needs to come to an end. You are contemplating how to stop the killing, perhaps an indication of knowing what is going to happen but you are always busy doing other things {compare this to your waking life}.

If this is about childhood experiences then the emphasis seems to be on 'saving' parts of yourself from injury or harm {emotional}. Since it was a blackbird relaying the message it may be something in your past that is so very important that you have repressed it {being framed may represent 'a frame like a box' that holds something end}. There may be experiences from your childhood that 'cry out' to be heard, past experiences that have been slowly killing you inside.

Were there such experiences in your childhood that need to be 'heard' by your waking consciousness so to prevent further harm, something that may have been repressed? {acknowledgement of such repressed experiences is the first step to healing}.

If not then there is something within that is being killed off by some emotional experience. Being framed for something you didn't do may be an avenue in your waking life you should explore. The sinister yet supernatural aspect of the mother that causes you discomfort also is something that may be recognizable in your waking life. But that seems to be either about a real mother, perhaps your own or even yourself.

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can get closer to the message of the dream from your response.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present