Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A large field of gold, water canal, and a beautiful green forest

Hi Gerard,

First I want to thank you for all you do, it is very wonderful.

I experienced a long dream and as usual can only remember parts of it. I find myself standing on top of a gold field. There were small hills here and there but mostly an endless space made out of gold. I was mesmerized by it all and remember asking what is this strange beautiful place? The gold had a deep and rich undertone of a lovely sunset. The gold wasn't gaudy or flashy per se, it was as if this space was naturally made out of gold.

Later on I find myself taking care of my younger brother, he is 21 now, but he appeared as a 2 year old. This dream is taking place at my grandparent's farm house where there is a water canal. I seem to be looking after my brother to make sure he isn't playing by the water on his own. When I approach the canal, I find three foreign young women bathing. I was suprised to find them there because this was a private space. Right above the water canal i find another man sitting on a tree. This man used to fancy me when I was in high school, but I stayed away from him since he had the reputation of being a drug dealer.

The surroundings changes again and now I enter a beautiful lush green forest, extremely pleasing to the senses. I feel I am in heaven being here, a feeling of true bliss. In a non-invasive way, I ask myself why I don't live here instead of New York City.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Follow-Up To Interpretation

Re: A large field of gold, water canal, and a beautiful green forest

Bonnie,
I appreciate the kind words. I do hope I am of some assistance in helping others understand their dreams, and ultimately themselves. Dreamwork is part of my bliss and as part the hero journey it is a spiritual path. We all possess this aspect {as Jung teaches} and I am fortunate to have realized my potential in that spiritual endeavor.

As for your dream. It seems to have elements of a very positive tone, even spiritual.
The gold field is place you are on 'top of'. This may indicate a place beyond the thinking mind and points to the inner sanctuary. But it also reflects your outer life also {rich undertone of a lovely sunset}. My sense is it a comment on your personality as well as the balanced life you either live or wish to live.

The second part of the dream may be addressing positive influential surroundings of your early life that reflect on your present positive self. Whereas dreams of a person who has had an abusive early life, and which is reflected in their dreams, yours is of a positive nature. It may be speaking to masculine aspects that have been cultivated and are now being realized {looking after your 2 year old brother, materializing into a beneficial masculine self}. You have not succumbed to the negative influences.

I also sense there may have been some past experiences having to do with the past. The high school experiences may be real, having to do with drugs.

The state of bliss you feel. Are you pursuing your bliss in your waking life? Overall the dream is a very positive one and although it seems to be addressing that positive tone it also may be addressing some past experience that you were able to overcome that allows you be that positive person.

Your thoughts may provide further clues to those experiences. It will interesting to know what path you are following. Is it spiritual and/or creative?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A large field of gold, water canal, and a beautiful green forest

Hi Gerard,

I humbly thank you for shedding light.
Indeed, I am on a journey to awaken to the bliss of life I sprung from and bring forth the joy of my creator’s intention with love and light. Being human is a joyous ride and I seek to embrace its wholeness; pain, tears, fear, thought, love and bliss all enrich the soul in a mysterious way. At times I am weak to respond to my calling and have to stay vigil to not fall in my own traps, other times I have to remember to not get drunk on the thought of Nirvana. Poetry has become my ethereal angel  only she can spread out the seeds of my imagination, though and feeling.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present