Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Signifience?

I have some pretty crazy, and amzing dreams.

I'll bother you with the the strange detaals later, but three things that remain the same and they are all so very different.

One is flower, ( I think It's a chinese water lily)
It is wite with lavender tips.

The other is a white wolf. He is very wise but impatient and rude.

The last is a large city. I've only been through certain parts of it. It's nothing like a normal city. It is made of tall towers, massive square buildings and many flat, open areas.
All of it stone and concreate. The only exception is a long spiraling staircase covered in ivy.

It only recently accured to me that even though these have nothing to do with each other, they are all white.

Does anyone know the significance ( if any ) of these things, and the connection, or why they are all white?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 WA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Signifience?

kaze,
Let's look at the large city symbol first. This would represent your psyche {totality of who you are physically and psychologically}. The parts of the city that you have not been through would represent aspects of yourself/life that you have not explored, and needs exploring. Not being a normal city would suggest it was a part of your life that was 'not normal'. The tall towers may represent something that is overwhelming or even dominating {perhaps suggesting this aspect in your life has an unconscious control in the presentbuilding is you} and the open areas the receptive need to do acknowledge this part of your life.
In other words there is something about your life that is out of 'square', unbalanced that unconsciously remains within your psyche but consciously you have either repressed or ignored.

Stone and concrete may suggest cold emotions which would be a reference to the emotions associated with the particular event your dreams are seeking to address.

The flower may represent something that needs to grow or blossom {within you}. Lilies often represent transformation. That may present two possibilities. One, there may be something that has prevented you from growing as you should emotionally. A need to open up to these emotions {which fits the open spaces in the towering building}.
Or you or under going a transformation in your life and are about to blossom into a new phase in your life. Being receptive to this new transformation.

A white wolf often symbolizes receiving guidance from the unconscious {a natural and often unrecognized aspect of the psyche that would need further study to truly understand}. The wolf being masculine may suggest a need for courage {a masculine aspect of a woman's psyche}. The impatience and rudeness may suggest this is an important emotional experience that needs reconciling. The psyche uses dreams as a therapeutic device to help the dreamer recognize those things that are out of 'square' {balance}.

The exception in the building is the spiraling staircase covered in ivy. Staircases in dreams often lead to self discovery. Especially if they are leading downward {into the deep unconscious}. The ivy may represent two things. One is the emotional event in question is old and covered, a possible sign of repressing the experience{s}. But it also may represent an acknowledgement of these past experiences can lead to new growth {to go with the lilies}.

The white in your dreams may suggest the purity that may be associated with the emotional experiences the dreams are trying to address {loss of purity. Or they suggest there is a healing awaiting you when you do discover the under lying meaning and causes for your dreams.

You state you feel these things are unrelated. I think the opposite. Dreams wills use different symbols to address the same psyche events. What you posted about your dreams could easily be related. And if there are past emotional experiences in your life your dreams are wanting you to focus on those experiences so you can eventually resolve the conflicts.

Look back and determine what might be in conflict in your life. Particularly prior to when these dreams began. I sense it is something that is preventing natural personal growth in your life and may be associated with earlier childhood experiences. Let me know what you come up with and perhaps we will be able to better understand the possibilities.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

These things all did show up after one event, but it was hardley traumatic or conflitcing.
I hate to talk about it but.. if it's relevant...

I was born with this 'terminal' and really rare illnes. I never have and probabaly never will deal with it like everyone else I know who has it.

I do what I need to and aside from that..this 'illness' does not exist. To be honest, I would be crushed if all of my incredible dreams lead to it.

I HATED being costnatly told that I was going to die. So I stopped taking my medication. I very nearly did die.
I remember the very first time that lilly showed up.
I was in the hospital ( I had some amazing dreams then too) in one of them I had lost a fight. My sword had shattered and everything was pitch black.I was determined to win, but I had no idea how.

Then is boy about my age, dressed all in white, with no emotion at all ever walked up to me and held out a flower.
I looked at with suspician " Your going to save me with a flower? "

He rolled his eyes and explained " Don't you know anything? It's a lotus. They grow in the darkest, murkiest depths yet they always rise above it and bloom."

So I took it. I was standing up with a new sword, and my torn clothes were replaced too. They were white and lavender.

The boy turned to leave without a word. Then I said soemthing that made no sense.

" Wait..you've been here all along but I don't know your name"

He kept walking away but replied " It's Byakuryu ('white dragon') "

Then I woke up and was feeling much better. That flower, and Byakuryu ( I know he is that wolf) have been there ever since.

But like I said, I have no conflict with that 'event'.
Nor any others . I'm not the type to dwell on the past.

The only thing I can think of is that afterwords, in my dreams I'm me but someone else.
She's so strong, yet very elegant and a great leader. It comes so naturally in my dreams but I know I can never be as great as she is. That bothers me, a lot.

I hate to answer with another long dream, but that's all I've got.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

kaze,
The inclusion of the lotus flower in your dreams along with the white wolf suggest there may be a realization of some sort that you are about to experience. The lotus flower is a symbol in Eastern philosophy that is spiritual. But it also has other possible applications. This one may fit within your dreams:

The lotus flower, grown in the muddy swamps of India, symbolizes that even from the worst situation one can always pull through and make the best out of it. No matter one's struggles in life, he or she will always confer.

The white wolf often symbolizes a spirit guide {Native American mythology}. Having the experience you have in life {really rare illness} this may represent the strength of character you possess which manifests itself unconsciously as a guide to that strength.

I would look to these dreams as a product of your strong psyche. And positive. Unconsciously there is still the conflicts of your life and the dream guide helps with those inner conflicts so they do not manifest themselves in your conscious life.

Have you studied Eastern philosophy? You seem to have such knowledge. That in itself is a positive because it expands your world view and you are not limited to juts one truth.

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Yea, I've studied some Eastern myths/symbolism. That and Egyption are my favorite.

This is why I have trouble deciphering my dreams; symbols can have so many differant meanings depending on whom you talk to.

This must be the meaning of that Lotus. It wasn't the only time I almost died, and everytime I feel like that flower saved my life ( ..that sounds like a streatch, I know)
Also, ( and I swear this isn't meant to be as negative as it sounds) but that description of the lotus, well, it's the story of my life.

I'll get down and say " people think it's great that 'no matter how hard i fall I always get back up' but I don't think so. After a while, it's just pathetic."
I swear, everytime I get that way the wolf shows up in my dreams to bite at my heals until I stumble to my feet again.
If he really is there to teach me something, I can see why he is impatient. This has been going on for over six years and I guess I'm just not getting it.
Maybe, I don't want to, subconsciously.
I would feel alone if he left.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

kaze,
I'll provide a response later today {hopefully-I've had the flu}.
As for the falling and getting up again. The wolf is a part of you and what he may be trying to teach you is the reasons for why you keep falling.

As for the different interpretations of the symbols. That is mainly die to the fact that we are all different and although many symbols may have the same application it depends on the individual as to how they fit. But there is one constant about the symbols. They apply to you, they are about your emotional life and not someone else.

gerard

Man, the flu is nasty.
Fortunately, I haven't caught it in a very long time.

I know why I keep 'getting up' that too, was answered so blatantly in a dream but... I still feel pathetic doing so.

Ah, thank you for that. Some people will tell me that a dream means something that does not sound like anything relevant to myself in any way at all. So now I know, it isn't the same for everyone.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? tes

Kaze,
Death in dreams seldom means an actual death. It is a metaphor for a 'death' of some aspect in your life. But the reference to death in your dreams could stem from your experience as stated in your response of Sept. 13, "I HATED being constantly told that I was going to die. So I stopped taking my medication. I very nearly did die". The fact that impeding death was real may be a reason for its inclusion in your dream. It is reflecting your emotional state of mind and that is what dreams are-reflections of your emotions.

Let's focus on the lotus. That too is probably a result of your studies of Eastern myths/symbolism. And Egyptian myths in particular placed a large emphasis on death, a part of their religious philosophies and the afterlife
{The Egyptian Book of the Dead}. It is also found in Tibetan philosophies {Transformations of Myth Through Time- a must read for anyone interested in mythology}.

The lotus is often a spiritual symbol. It represents growth, purity, beauty and expansion of the soul. And the white wolf, again a spirit guide which is often found in Native American mythology. Has there been a focus on your spiritual Self? Internally, psychologically speaking, this may be the reference to your strong will to overcome your rare illness. If indeed it is deemed terminal the unconscious psyche may itself penetrating the mystical world of the beyond, tapping into the realms of knowledge not available to the waking mind. That may sound far fetched but Jung had a strong belief in those possibilities {which for a scientist is normally beyond reality}.

Have you any other dreams that may help with understanding of the internal mechanisms within your psyche? Your experiences with 'death' go beyond the normal experiences of the average mind and trying to dissect your dreams may require an extra ordinary approach, one that I would not normally look to. The standard 'Jungian' interpretation may not fit with someone who is constantly facing the possibility of death.

How is your illness today? Is there still that dire threat of death {terminal illness as you stated}?

gerard

Actually, dying in my dreams does not concern me at all.
It happens in about half of my dreams, and in most of those I'm somehow reborn. Because of that I never thoght anything of it and just dismissed it as 'normal'.

As far as reaching beyond in my dreams, I did have one very..interesting when I was in the hospital.
I don't believe in angels or 'hean/hell'
but there was something about that I can't ignore.

While I was awake I started to feel myself slip away and I dind't mind. I remember thinking " Damn the fact that I'm not bothered by this could only mean thing.."

I 'woke up' in a black void ( I knew what was going on) and two very pretty men, one very tall with long wite hair, and another slightly shorter, with short, curly green-black hair, approached me asking:

" It's time to go, which of us will you follow ( The meaning of that still eludes me)

I asked " Can my friends come too?"

The green one replied " What? No they can't come with!"

So I told him " Then I can't go"

He folded his arms. " What makes you think you have a choice?"

I told him that " I can't. I 'promised'."

The white one, who had been silent and emotionless stepped in front of him. " What..do you mean?"

I snapped " Just what I dumbass. Now..screw you guys I'm going home!"

Right when i said that, I woke up.
Even stranger, is that I swear I could still hear the voice of the white one " Admirable for a human, but you won't have a choice next time."
( yes, there was a 'next time' and here I am >D )

Now, for any spiritual, or psychological changes..I think so.

Lately, I've begun to really..hate what I've become. I mean I used to be strong, and everyone respected me.
I was the 'strong silent type" but now as I often say "I fear I've become retarded."
I think that is why the wolf get's so impatient with me. (Could it be possible he is also what's left of my old self?)
I try so hard to cling to the smallest piece of my former self but I always lose it.
It upsets me more than anything in this world.
I want so badly to be like that girl in my dreams but for some reason I just can't.

I have many, many dreams that seem to transcend this world not though necessarily in a devine manner, some even take place in the past) and I have not met anyone who has similar dreams.
I haven't posted them because they tend to be too bizarre to have any meaning.
They are also very long and I don't want to bother others with them. If you WANT to know I don't mind sharing a couple.

They do all share one common thread; 'dream people' in my dreams these people are so VERY close.
It's very much like returning home every night to people who have been waiting, yet when I wake up I can't remember their names or faces.

For my illness, I, personally, have NEVER considered it to be 'terminal' or myself to be 'sick'
Yes, everyone who has it before have all died from it, but I wont. It's fact that I am far better off than all of them right.
I got a kidney transplant least year, so that took care of one of my biggest issues.
Aside from that, as long as take my medication I will be fine.

BTW,when you say 'strong psyche' what exactly do you mean? It should be obvious, I know it should be obvious but I don't exactly understand what psyche pertains to.

Also,I hope my jumping around isn't confusing, I'm not a lineal thinker.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? tes

Kaze,

I have studied Buddhism for several years. The lotus is a very important symbol and one I identify with personally. The lotus grows in ponds that are full of dead and decaying plant and animal matter. They grow out of the muck and produce what are among the most beautiful flowers in existence.

The lotus is primarily a symbol/manifestation of transformation. I see the lotus as a symbol of your spiritual/personal growth - learning from past mistakes - transforming them into a new and beautiful self. Learning from past mistakes and using them (not denying them) to feed growth certainly can save one's life both metaphorically and actually.

Keep up the good work,
Lynn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 yrs, rural intermountain WA state

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yep

I take it also, as a more literal meaning.

I really don't mean to sound arrgoant, but that's how I feel; things and people always fall apart around but no matter what I'm still here.

It do wonder 'why' soemtimes. I mean, seeing as I'm not supposed to be here at all.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present