Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
old things

hello gerard, i had another dream and hope you could explain it to me... i never expected that a high school batchmate, a male one, would appear in my dream because i don't know him personally..he was pregnant in my dream and it's uncanny that i helped him take care of himself while he's expecting to deliver the baby......i allowed him to stay in our old house where i lived when i was still a child..he asked me to do something but can't remember what it was..i just found myself had difficulty to walk towards an old church which is beside my elementary school... i wanted to ride a tricycle but the drivers won't let me get in..

iwoke up not knowing if he was able to deliver the baby...my dream stopped on the scene i reached the old church...thanks again for your help...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: old things

Kate,
Let's approach the old classmate as being a masculine aspect of your psyche. His pregnancy may signify a 'new birth' of sorts in your own life. He is your masculine self. It may be that masculine aspect is giving you courage to delve deeper in your psyche and bring up something in your past. The reference to childhood home may be something to consider, actual experiences from that period of time in your life. The fact that you could not remember what he asked may be your not remembering these past experiences. The old church may represent some aspect that is/was sacred. The elementary school would be a place of early learning. Perhaps you are just now beginning to realize something from your past {elementary school} that you have forgotten {could not remember what he asked}. The new birth may be related to these experiences and since you woke up before he gave birth may indicate a repression of these experiences. The tricycle may symbolize perfect balance of mind, body and soul, something that the psyche, and dreams, seek in all our lives. The drivers could be those forces that will not let you remember something from your past.

Are there any experiences from childhood that were traumatic in nature that you may have repressed or forgotten?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Kate,
In my post I asked the question about anything traumatic that may have been repressed or forgotten. Instead of traumatic a better word may have been 'noteworthy'. Something that left an impression that has yet to be resolved.

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

thanks gerard for the interpretation...however, i find it hard to select which of my actual experiences my dream pertains to because my childhood was really rich with noteworthy events...

i have another question, is it normal to have dreams every time a person sleeps?

the next day, i thought it was a continuation of this dream because i found myself this time, shopping for new clothes...what's funny is i had second second thoughts on buying a second hand reversible jeans/pants which has a butterfly print all over...

i've dreamt it before but haven't found its meaning..it's one of my recurring dreams---either shopping for clothes, choosing dresses from a closet or finding scattered shoes on stairs/ladders...

again, thanks for spending your time interpreting my dreams...

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

kate,
We dream every night {that is if we have a normal night's sleep and enter the REM phase}. Most do not remember dreaming or their dreams. It often takes some discipline to learn to remember dreams.

Clothes often represent how we feel about ourselves, our personality, how we are perceived. The second hand, reversible clothes may symbolize your old self and a fear of returning to that self or certain aspects of it. The jeans may suggest how you perceive your own 'position' in life. The butterfly could represent a transition {metamorphis}. If you do not feel comfortable with who you are or some aspects of your personality or self then a transition would be necessary.

As for the childhood possibilities. They need not be entirely negative. If there are associations to this dream and the earlier post {the next day, i thought it was a continuation of this dream} then it may be about some inherent aspects from childhood. Choosing dresses from the closet could very well be selective memories or experiences held within the unconscious {perhaps hidden}. Ladders are used for climbing and the shoes another symbol for the foundation of who we are. If there are deep unconsciuous aspects that are hidden away {closet} then there may be a need to have them 'climb out' of the unconcsious and become conscious. Dreams are often the ladders in life that present to us these unconscious aspects.

You may want to focus on that old house, old church and elementary school as well as any experiences from the time you were asociated with the old classmate. There may be something there that help formed parts of your personlaity or experiences that you have repressed within your unconscious. As you grow older these things will tend to reveal themselves because of their conflictive nature {mid-life is all about reconciling such experiences}. Not until there is resolution will these dreams stop. And if they are requiring then that is evidence they are taking on a stronger role in your waking life, or even have had a role in your life and you are now discovering their affects.

gerard

thank you so much gerard...you have interpreted very well my dream..you are correct. i am at present struggling to be a spontaneous person so that i won't miss the good things about life but had difficulty because i love consistency and discipline so much...

Again, thanks a lot for helping me...

stats from 7-14-10 to the present