Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jumping off a Bridge

Warm greetings Gerard and many thanks for all you do.

The following dream unveils interesting themes and I need your wise assistance to hear the message.
I am by a bridge. I have crossed over the rail and walking right along the edge of it. I look down and there is a clear dense river below. I am fearful of falling in the water, but I am here because I have decided to meet the fear and jump in the river. It didn't feel strange to do so, in other words I had to jump in this water and overcome the fear. I finally jump in the water and it was deep, I feel and see my body sink in the water and swim back up. I succeeded and It was exhilarating to swim in this water and not drown. I felt a deep connection and love, the fear was gone.

Now the fascinating thing is that this river was me. This river exists in waking life and I am named after this river (Bonnie is my middle name).

In the attempt to connect this dream with my current state of mind, I will share that recently in my meditation I have come to perceive the duality of life – good and bad, fear and love, etc. – as one flow of energy. In other words once I detach I see creation in its wholeness.

Does the above dream communicate my desire to let go off the fear of the unknown, to jump in the river of life and flow with its grace; no need to understand, no need to know why, just awaken to that bauty and feel it?

best,
Bonnie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Jumping off a Bridge

Bonnie,
Not being that familiar with the geography of New York state, which river are you named after? Not that it really matters but could have some significance.

As to your question, "Does the above dream communicate my desire to let go of the fear of the unknown, to jump in the river of life and flow with its grace?"
That does seem to fit with the dream, for someone who is consciously engaged in that inner search. The collective aspects of such endeavors are often the focus of our dreams during that period of soul searching. This would address that inner quest and the desires to better understand the Self.

But we must remember what Jung says about most of not all dreams. There are at least two interpretations to the dream. So I would look not only to that 'collective' search for 'Self' but also look at your personal life to determine what may fit there also in the dream. If I were to look at the dream without the knowledge you are engaged in a conscious search of identity {something that is more apt to happen at mid-life than in your 20s} then I would first look at personal experiences in the waking life and not to a deeper aspect. So you may want to look at those possibilities also. It may be a minor aspect in your life but if it is a part of your dream then there may be some reason for it.

Finally, to address the age issue and your conscious journey. As I stated above it is usually at mid-life that such events take place. I was 42 when my Serendipity journey began. You are ahead of your generation and if you will stay the course those mid-life years should be the best years of your life. You will be less burdened with reconciling the past and will be able to focus more on the moment, enjoying life as it is and not what it could have been. I applaud your bravery.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present