Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weird green slime>

I had a really weird dream last night and it freaked the hell out of me, I was outside playing on my Ds and my neighbor Jodi came over to my house and rang the doorbell she asked me if I was waiting for someone but I showed her my Ds and said no. Jodi went over back to her yard, it had been raining pretty hard earlier and she said that when it does these large green stalk like things come out of the ground, and ice patchs start to form. Chris (Jodi's husband) was looking into a tube that was coming out the ice. Two little boys I have never seen before but apparently were Jodi's kids (She has a small girl and a Senior boy in real life) went inside because the smaller one had threw gum down the shute. Chris stood on top of the ice and said he couldn't see them, he followed in the chute to see if he could get them out. A couple seconds of silence passed and Jodi and I looked at each other, then SMASH! Chris came up in the ice patch on my side of the lawn, I ran over to him and tried to help him up but I failed so I grabbed a life vest and tossed it to him, he didn't know how to put it on so I helped him put it over his neck, he said something was pulling at his legs I didn't think he was serious so i tried the straps of jacket, I couldn't get the straps together because he was squriming. While I was fastening one of the straps I had gotten a hold of I fell in, it was really cold! Then Chris easily got out, I thought that maybe only one of us could be in here. Then I felt a tugging at my leg kind of like when your at the beach and your foot gets stuck in seaweed. Anyway I pulled and pulled but I couldn't break free, with no help from the others I reached towards the edge of the pit and scarmbled up the sides. Just when I thought I was safe I noticed something warm on my foot, I looked down and this 'thing' was holding onto my ankle sucking and contracting like a snake. I shook my foot violently and it flung off. I woke up with my foot in mid air and my dog stareing at me, I thought when I woke up I heard a thunk as the slime hit the wall but I think I was just a little bit in dreamland.
-Thanks for the help and internet cookies (Kudos) to the person who can figure this out.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 13 Spokane

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes two times

Re: Weird green slime>

Sophie,
I'll tackle your dream later today. If you read this post before I do that please ask this question; what may fit in your life that "I pulled and pulled but I couldn't break free, with no help from the others ". What hole have you fallen into?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Weird green slime>

Sophie,

In spite of the stress it must have caused the dreamer, I believe that there are some positive things about this dream.

In the first part of this dream, you wrote that Jodi came over and asked if you are waiting for someone. You said “No.” Everything else in the dream follows from this. If you had said “Yes,” it would mean that you are waiting for a new archetype such as the shadow or (more likely) the new animus. By “new” I mean an “improved” archetype.

Earlier it had rained. This rain is symbolic the efforts of the psyche to help with this growth. Apparently the rain was very effective. Jodi said that the rain causes large, green stalks to come out of the ground. (My guess is that the stalks that are breaking through the surface of the ground are only the tops of the main part of a plant, which is underground.) The plant is symbolic of the Self (and perhaps the whole psyche). The area beneath the ground is symbolic of the unconscious (probably the collective unconscious). She also said that ice patches start to form. The ice would inhibit the growth of the stalks. Thus, whatever the ice symbolizes, it is opposing the (psychological/spiritual) growth of the dreamer.

The two little boys are probably symbols of future animus. They are the still underdeveloped animus. They may represent the next two stages of the animus.

When the smaller boy threw the gum down the chute, he was “gumming up” or stopping the underground activity. He did this so that he and the other boy would have no problems with their return to the collective unconscious. Chris may be a symbol of your current animus. It looks like Chris may also be returning to the collective unconscious. When an archetype makes this return to its place of origin, it usually means one of two things: (1) The archetype is ready to be replaced by the next stage in its development or (2) the archetype is to be replaced by one at an earlier stage of development. In my opinion, the ice and the cold are a reflection of the coolness of the animus.

When Chris fell in and you helped him out, it showed your commitment to the animus. This is what “saved” him. But, then something is tugging at your leg. Something “was holding onto [your] ankle sucking and contracting like a snake.” This “thing” wants to pull you underground but, as you wrote, it was warm on your foot. The warmth on your foot means that the coldness “problem” has been resolved. This comes immediately after you save Chris. Thus, it may actually be good. This is because a journey by the dreamer to the lower world is a journey to the unconscious. The exploration of the unknown helps us to grow (in a psychological sense). BTW – the similarity to a snake may also be positive. The snake is often a symbol of wisdom and spiritual development.

Hope this helps,
Lugus

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 64, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present