Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Guy who crys ink

I had this last night, in real life I'm actually ill, so that may explain part of it, I'm mostly curious about the theme: A guy - around 16, crying ink, which turns into milk, which he licks and swallows.

A little context:

So I'm in art class - the colour scheme is deep turquoise, Dark blue, grey and dark brown, It's a fairly large to avarage sized class room, enought to sit 20-30 comfortably.

There's a window with bright, but cold white light shining through, I can't see anything but the light, but I'm not really focusing on the window.

I feel fairly detached, cold inside but content with this.

We're not having a lesson, instead some psychoanalysts/counsellors (a vague female presence standing at the door) are it's asking us what's upsetting us/making us ill. They/it ask each person the same thing 'So what's making you unhappy or ill?'

The one that sticks in my mind is a boy sitting at my table, dark, longish hair and a fringe (which is on the right hand side of the class room), he's infront of the window, only, because of my position it's like he's to the left of it.

They ask him and he sits there not really saying anything, a little embarassed/doesn't want to do it infront of such an audience (20-30).

He suddenly starts crying, not choaking sobs, but quietly, a tear running down his left cheek. The tear is made of ink - pitch black. But when it reaches his mouth, it turnsinto milk, and he licks it and swallows it, even though it's avarage tear size, and there's not mcuh to swallow.

He says, not too bothered by the fact he's crying more like 'ahh well': 'A little bit of kindness from anyone'.

I can understand what he means, and can feel as he feels. It's not great shows of kindness, it's the sort of kindness which surprises you, usually coming from people who don't know you too well, but show surprising care and tactfulness/understanding.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Guy who crys ink

Hi Ivy

Dreams reflect our deepest conflicts as well as our fears and our desires. You can think of a dream as being entirely personal to us, any emotion or thought that arises in a dream comes from our unconscious mind which uses symbols in a way to convey the enrgies of our total being. Our dreams use other people as symbols to express parts of our personality that we may or may not be aware of, males reflect such traits of our thinking rational mind they convey our thought processes our outwardly behaviour our beliefs and attitudes it is the action taking energy within us. Females on the other hand express our receptivity our feelings and intuitions as well as our spirituality.

Looking at your dream and taking into account that the dream is all about you seems to be about that some form of learning within you is taking place, your being pointed out to what is going on within by your own inner intuitive nature (vague female presence) though this is something that your likely only somewhat aware of in your waking life.

The boy seems to be what your intuition is telling you, he seems to reflect an aspect of your own inner pridicament which is why you can understand what he means and can feel as he feels. I get the sense that the issue at hand is one of feeling loved and cared for. When we feel unloved or ceared for it leaves a chasm between our mind and hearts and we tend to close down or start to feel detached and emotionally cooler. Overtime we start to grieve for this lost love in our lives and when it is shown to us again through others care and understanding we realise what we have been missing evoking in us an emotional response as the heart again begins to open.

When we stay stuck emotionally for too long in any emotions that we percieve as being negative there is a lack of flow of energy in our lives and nothing moves, imagine water that pools for too long it starts to become stagnant and will eventually turn into a dark liquid, this is a little like what happens to our emotional selves (which incidentally the fluid like nature of water is the symbol for our emotional self) and will eventually lead to a physical imbalance within ones body 'feeling poorly'. The tears that your masculine character crys in the dream symbolises this stuck grief for lost love the black ink highlighting this lack of flow. Our emotional self is also closely related to the flow of our creativity if we feel stuck emotionally we also block our creative juices and the fact that the boy crys tears of ink may be showing you that the two energies are intimately related as we start to express ourselves for what we are truly feeling deep down we are able again to unleash our creative flow. Many of the great articts in the world tap into their emotional nature to reveal their creativity through art writing and other creative pursuits.

Milk has long been the symbol of nourishment and motherly nurture. The ink turning into milk likely depicts this theme, at some point recently you are opening upto your intuition and realising that what is pontentially making you ill/unhappy right now it is a lack of feeling cared for in your life. One of the greatest life lessons for all of us is to learn how to love ourselves. From an early age we internalise our parents and guardians attitudes toward us. As we mature we begin to unfold and life becomes a choice of how much we choose to live by what, we believe others feel and think about us and how we 'choose' to feel and think about ourselves.
The tear running down the left side of the cheek seems to imply that the issue at hand is related to your own maternal/feminine side. The ink turning into milk is suggesting that you are learning how to take in motherly love and emotional nourishment which may have been triggered by an act of kindness or love from someone you have met recently, This lesson is taking place within your masculine energies though your still aware that your in need of more of this same source of self love (not enough too swallow'.

The message your dream seems to imply is a positive one and is showing you where in your energies you feel a lack, by learning how to love your own being and care for your self you can release the stuck emotions that you are holding in. When i first started to do journal writing and expressing myself about how honestly i fely greta waves of emotion poored our and each time I felt a little better its like the emotional energy we hold onto blocks our stytem and ferments leading to allsorts of physical problems, digestive upsets, aches pains, lowered immune sytem functions, and feeling weak just to name a few. Keeping a journal a=can greatly help it doesent have to be a journal wher you write it can be an art journal, though the trick is to not judge that which you paint or draw dont let the mind enter the equation, the idea is to just paint what you feel and let it flow, through journaling one is not looking for an end result and the painting does not have to be contrived or look 'good' its completly personal and is just a way of coming into direct contact with what you are feeling. So often we block what we are feeling because it does not feel comfortable or socially acceptable we think others may be think us odd for feeling certain ways.

I hope this helps some I wish you well
Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Guy who crys ink

Thanks for the reply.

Funnily enough I've had an art journal for a few years, but over the last six months or so I'd kind've stopped using it...

I think my subconscious is telling me something *eye roll*.

Again, thankyou...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present