Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transexual

I have been recording my dreams for a few months now, I will have to post some of the earlier ones and maybe you can help me. last night I dreamt of a transexual male. I cannot remember the dream but this transexual male keeps tapping at my brain today (if that makes sense ?) I feel its something to do with my animus but not quite sure what ? The male was naked I remember that much.
Thanks for your time much appreciated

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Transexual

Stelle,
Is there any more of the dream that you can provide? The context in which the transsexual male is used may be as telling about the symbolic value of the 'transexual' aspect of this possible animus figure.
Of course you will want to rule out any waking experiences that may be in play. The personal associations in a dream that are related to actual waking events are a focus of most dreams. The 'sexual' aspect {Freud} is always something that must be looked at also.
Absent that, the transsexual male would be a symbolic metaphor representing some aspect of your psyche {masculine}.

As for what the symbolic meaning may be of a transsexual male in a female's dream. Because it was a male in your dream we can assume it is addressing some animus aspect. Often that points to undeveloped or unused parts of the masculine self.

Transfer or transforming is what comes to my mind. If there is an undeveloped or unused masculine aspect of the psyche that needs recognition then that may be the focus of the dream. To transfer, or transform the masculine, a need to utilize the masculine self in your waking life. Taking charge, being in control {including the emotions}, being disciplined {a myth in men} etc, those masculine qualities that may be lacking or underdeveloped.

But there are many possibilities. If you can't remember more of this dream post another and perhaps we can gain insights to what your unconscious is trying to communicate. The dream is addressing some conflicted aspect in your life. Other dreams may use different symbols and metaphors to address the same subject matter as your transsexual male dream.

Such the way of dreams.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Here is a dream I had two nights ago. I asked for guidance on men. I was walking home from somewhere with a friend, next thing I am in a supermarket there is men in uniforms taking hostages. One of them held a gun to me whilst I was on floor and I said I am going to collect money so they let me go but I knew they would catch up with me. One of the men looked at me in a longing kind of way I thought he was kinda cute. I ran up the stairs to the bosses office and overheard him talking to someone so I ran back down but he had heard me and I remember thinking he can see me on the cameras. I made a cake I was putting icing sugar on it but didn't realise it had shrunk to one slice the man in uniform was waiting and suddenly I noticed I had chocolate cake all round my mouth. There was half naked men in a line with tattoos across their chest like a handwritten line of ink there was a few at the end who didn't have this tattoo.I think it was something to do with the workplace like a type of branding. I was then on a operating table dressed in a long type of tutu there was a mirror on the ceiling. A girl was operating on me and she pulled the skirt over my head and in the reflection it looked at though she had the skirt on (this left me with a strange feeling when I woke)then other people came in all messing about and said the soldiers where gone. Suddenly there was film titles rolling and I remember thinking that was a crap ending.

I will have to post some other dreams later on as my dreams are becoming more profound as I have been working with them since June. Thanks again

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Stella,
I will provide my thoughts on this second dream later today. But the beginning of the dream statement may provide clues to the transsexual dream. 'I asked for guidance on men'. There may be a need/desire to 'transfer' those unconscious masculine qualities to the conscious mind. Transsexual, transferring one aspect to another.

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard, I do need to develop my masculine side, I have had bad experiences with men in my past relationships. I am making a conscious/unconscious effort to become more whole in myself. I have always followed my feeling I have been focusing on developing my thinking aspect. I am in a confused state at the present about men and what it has been that attracts me to men with a crippled anima assuming that it is my crippled anmius. I usually tend to be attracted to thinkers.

Here is my dream from last night, I was working in a shop and a man came in wanting sex services the lady shop owner asked if I would like to earn some extra cash. The man was quite attractive and I was feeling horny so I said I would do it thinking this is quite a good situation. I was frustrated because I couldn't find any condoms even though I knew where they were.

A different part of the dream I was on a hilly street helping a fat man walk up the hill he was happy I was helping him joking with his wife that you are only as young as the woman you feel his was wife was laughing.

I realise my last few dreams have been of a sexual nature, I have been feeling sexually frustrated because I have been single for a while now.

Thanks Stella

Stella,
Thanks for the response. The information you provided may give clues to the transsexual dream as well as the dream two nights ago. And it does help that you have an understanding of Jungian psyche, it points to your drive {discipline is so important in advancing one's personal growth} to understanding yourself and a desire for self improvement.

There are probably two aspects to this dream. One of them being the frustration of being single and the lack of sex. The other may be addressing the underlying reasons you choose the men in your life. Jung often stated that dreams have at least two meanings and I find from working with dreams that statement to be true time and time again.

I'll address the later first.

What seems to be important to understand is why you do choose certain type men. Dreams will reveal the underlining reasons if properly listened to. It is sometimes difficult to see in the beginning but if you work with your dreams {and it does helps tremendously to have at least an elementary understanding of Jungian psyche} they will begin to focus on those reasons why you are who you are and do the things you do}. You are at that age that is the beginning stage of the mid-life thing and you will have more of these type dreams. It is part of the process.

Let's look at your dream from last night.

'a man came in wanting sex'.
Dreaming about sex can refer to the psychological completion and the integration of contrasting aspects of the Self.....hyperdictionary.

Since you are consciously aware of your inner search this would make sense, a desire to integrate the opposites {I will address the another possibility of sex later}. An unconscious desire as well as a conscious one.

The shop owner is you, you are seeking approval from yourself to indulge in these services. The conscious self is seeking approval, and help from the unconscious {where the higher Self resides}.
The cash may represent something that is concrete, verifiable. You are seeking concrete answers to yourself, your life, an integration of the opposing forces that influence your decisions in life.
'what it has been that attracts me to men with a crippled anima'.

The man would be your animus and the need to strengthen and better understand that aspect of who you are.

Are there men in your early life who had a crippled anima? Your father perhaps?

Is there a need for protection from something in your life condoms}? You know they are there {within your self, knowledge of what that thin is}.

The fat man climbing the hilly street. This could be another description of your conscious journey and the harmony it brings because of the dedication to your inner search. It is an uphill battle but you are consciously doing what needs to be done. Being fat is both a hindrance {a slow process} as well as a sign of fertility and production. The older woman is also you and her guidance is you are not getting any younger '{only as young as the woman you feel}'. That would be addressing your being single and 'horny'.

As for the actual sexual aspects of the dream. From hyperdictionary defining the possible meaning of sex.

Alternatively and a more direct interpretation of the dream, may be your libido's way of telling you that it's been too long since you have had sex.

That seems to fit quite well with your true condition does it not. Of course the the one thing we know about dreams that is unwavering is they always point to the true self.

I let you digest what I have presented and then later look at the other two dreams to see where all this fits in with your life. This is a work {your inner search as well as interpreting the dreams} in progress and the underpinnings of your choices in life may take some depth analysis to determine what they are. Let me know your thoughts and any info you feel relevant.

gerard

Hi, yes my Father has a crippled Anima. I do agree I am seeking approval to enter into a sexual relationship with someone. It most probably is my libido's way of nudging me to engage in sex. It has been strange because I have only attracted men recently that are emotionally distant and seem to have issues with sex and commitment. It is frustrating but I feel it has come to teach me a lesson. I realise I have been trying to hard to make things happen. I could do with some guidance on ways to heal my crippled animus I am becoming more aware but the further I delve into this stuff the more cautious and questioning of men I become
Thanks Stella

Stella,.
It may be you need to delve deeper into your relationship with your father and determine just how and why his influenced your decision making in the present. I had to got back to my childhood and thoroughly examine that aspect of the relationship with my father {who abandoned my mother and 4 very young children}. It was from my 'return' to the past and 'witnessing' first hand {through self analyzing} my relationship with my father that opened my eyes to why I emulated many of his ways {mistakes}. I learned why consciously I was seeking love in all the wrong places, an attempt to recoup that love and acceptance I never received as a child. This lack of proper parental love and acceptance as children is too often the case in most adults lives and the underlying reason why many of us have lived inauthentic lives.

gerard

Hi, I do feel you are right! Strangely enough I was analyzing my past and Parent's last night. I always beleived I had a childhood full of love as my parents were hippie types, growing veg, appreciating the universe and so forth. My parents were married for 25 years until my Mother passed away 10 years ago. They were very much in love and very tactile with each other. I have two younger sisters the youngest one there is a 14 year age gap. I was sexually active from a very young age, now I understand it as needing love and attention. My mother was not very tactile with me as a teenager. My mothers relationship with my youngest sister was too close I feel my sister was breast fed until she was 5 years old and was dependant on our Mother.
My Mum suffered agrophobia after the birth of the second child, she lived on her nerves and I remember she used to sit and almost wrap herself in a knot. She was a good mother and wife, she would cook, clean etc. My dad was out of work for most of my childhood so we were very poor. My dad is controlling in a passive agressive way. He would often not listen to me if we had a disagreement and shut the door on me. It was his house his rules. I do not have much memory of my early childhood which sometimes concerns me.
I only remember cuddling my Dad as a child I have no memories of cuddling my Mum.
My dads Mother was a depressive and would often try to commit sucide, she spent time in mental institutions I beleive. His Father was a quite gentle man but now I understand this may not have been his true self.
This is a start anyhow and I have been dreaming of places I used to work when I was 12 so it seems my unconcious is taking me back to these times also.
Thanks again Gerard I really appreciate your time and effort

Hi all, I haven't found the time to post more of my precious dreams. Here is my last dream I wondered if you would be able to help me figure where I am at.

I was on a ship at sea with other's it was safe & a solid ship. we were right next too a huge cliff it had houses up there some derelict, some whole next to each other. I realised the ship was touching the cliff a man pushed it away but then the boat became a fabric boat when we were in trouble trying to push it away from the cliff. Then the end of boat was like a slide I was trying to avoid slipping into the sea.

another part of the dream there was a man with glasses on that were normal one side but strange and made from copper on the other.

another part, I was in a toilet ( I have dreamt of toilets quite a bit) The toilet had empty sachets of stuff in and they said condom on them I picked them out but they were empty and grubby.

I also dreamt this guy who I have been waiting for a text from had text me a very short text with no kisses as he usually puts kisses (this guy I met once at my Sisters wedding back in may, we exchanged a few smile's that day. He asked after me and we ended up sharing a few text, we were supposed to meet but he backed off saying he didn't want to hurt me or be hurt etc etc. he has text again recently saying he regrets this decision and would like to meet up. he does appear to blow and cold though.

I drifted back to sleep after awaking from these dreams and whilst in a semi sleep state I heard my name being called by a woman with a beautiful voice it was very clear. ( this is the second time this has happened)

I also wondered if you have any more thoughts on the other dream, The tattooed men part of that dream keeps cropping into my mind.

Thanks Stella

That should have said previous dreams sorry.

I have also dreamt regularly of a tall man whom has recently hugged me and helped me. I have a feeling this is my anima as to begin with I was dreaming of a crippled or scary men and over the past six months of recording my dreams and working on myself he has changed. I have had a few dreams with water in this last week too.

Thanks again Stella

Last night I was walking up a hill again this time in only a towel stopping and doing squat exercises. I was in a bathroom/toilet again and in my reflection I see this tall man again this time I see his face and hair, he had long hair and a long dark coat again. I was surprised but not scared. My eldest daughter was walking along with me on her shoulders too we were trying to enter a fairground there was a woman there checking for illegal people she had handcuffs and stickers. She let us through but seemed to think we were sketchy. I referred to my animus as anima yesterday.
Thanks Gerard I am so thankful you take this time out to help so many people

Stella,
It is obvious you have given a lot of thought to your life and those influences that have made you who you are today. For me that is the most important step in resolving emotional conflicts. Your observations about your childhood and the relationship with your parents are revealing in that they provide insights to why you are the person you are. My belief is we are who we are primarily due to early childhood influences. And the emotional conflicts within the family, your mother's agoraphobia, your father's stern rule, your grandmother's acute depression and your grandfather's displaced personality are also relevant in that they provide genetic evidence you have inherited. Put that together with the fact you had to suffer through being poor, you have a good ground of evidence that provides reasons why you have the personal inner conflicts you have in adult life. These experiences push emotional buttons that have great influence on the psyche throughout life, until they are resolved. The weaknesses in your life can most likely be found within these experiences.

As for your dreams. It opens up with your being on a solid ship. This suggests there are strengths in your life. But those strengths may be hanging on a cliff, capable of falling off. Some aspects of your life are 'derelict, others sound and strong. The man in the dream may represent actual relationships but also may be a symbol for your own positive masculine qualities {or lack of}. The man with glasses may be a real person and/or could symbolise a need to 'see' better those masculine qualities. On his other side he is made of copper. Copper is a symbol for healing. This part of the dream may be addressing two aspects, a relationship with a real person as well as conflicts with your own masculine qualities.
What male in your family wears glasses and can provide healing? {the healing may involve a recognition of conflicts with this male figure}.

Toilets in dreams are common. They often represent a need to eliminate those unusable aspects in your life. The part about the condom may be important. Condoms are used for protection {sexually}. How would you describe your relationship with men? Perhaps past experiences from early life with men have caused you to be more, or less protected about such relationships. This may fit with your being sexually active as a teen which could have a great influence in your actions with men today. The part about the text messaging with a guy you met may be merely a waking life experience. On the other hand it too may be about relationships with men. The tattooed man may represent 'impressions' left on you from early experiences with men.

When you begin to work on the inner life your dreams will reflect progress in those issues that are in conflict. The tall man may be your masculine self progressing as you stated. When you confront those inner conflicts there is a healing effect.

The last dream may be your animus in its progressive state. This is an unconscious thing {dark coat} that has been covered up because of the serious injury from past experiences. Wearing only a towel may be addressing sexual aspects {the squats pointing to that possibility also}. Your younger daughter may be about your own childhood years. The woman may be your mother and/or your own feminine self. You may be handcuffed from those earlier experiences.

You mentioned not having memories from very childhood. That is not unusual. But if you suspect there may be something there you should investigate it by thinking back to your earliest memories, spending some time alone where you can concentrate on those memories. Often other forgotten memories will surface.

As for working with your animus and resolving any conflicts. You are doing that now by investigating your dreams, working with the inner life, taking the time to resolve any conflicts that are a result from earlier life. Resolution isn't something that comes immediately but comes with time and effort. It has taken 36 years to get where you are in life and will take some time to resolve the negatives. My advice, and personal experience, is to read more of what Carl Jung provides in his many works with psyche. His Individuation Process is what brought me out of my depths. It has taken many years but it has given me a new life and a brighter future. If not for this psychological journey and search, along with Joseph Campbell's insights, there would not be a Myths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum.

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present