Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dead grandpa papers

Hello there!

My grandpa died last year and only now, I recall having dreamed of him.

He was sitting at his desk, signing a lot of papers while talking to me. Suddenly, there was a store full of things and I had the papers to get whatever I wanted.

But I didn't get anything, because my father didn't let me. His wife was very jealous of what was happening, so he stood by her.

What can you tell about this dream?

Have a nice weekend!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27/ Brazil

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Dead grandpa papers

Natalia,
"His wife was very jealous of what was happening, so he stood by her." Does that statement accurately reflect your waking life? His wife, is that your step mother or is it a dream step mother? I ask this question because it may be speaking to the central message of the dream, 'jealousy'. Understanding that relationship may provide insights to the dream.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hey, G!

Well, I have no stepmother.

Natalia,
Who is the jealous woman in your dream? You state she was your father's wife.
'But I didn't get anything, because my father didn't let me. His wife was very jealous of what was happening, so he stood by her.'

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi!
Well, he's had a lot of girlfriends. Could it be all these girlfriends, perhaps?

Natalia,
In other words the wife is a dream wife. It wasn't your mother? It wasn't another wife? He had a lot of girlfriends in his real life but is married in the dream {your parents must be divorced?}.

And what jealousies in your life could be related to your dad. The jealousy part seems to be central to whatever emotional associations {dreams are about your emotions} there is in your psyche.

I guess the dream is really incomplete.
'there was a store full of things'
Can you elaborate more about the kind of store and what kind of things.

'I had the papers to get whatever I wanted'
Can you elaborate more on what type papers?

'so he stood by her'
Physically stood by her or was she showing her his support? Are there issues with your dad about his showing his support for you?

I'm trying to fully understand the dream and the story {dreams are stories of your emotional life}. I try to relate the dream story to you and determine an emotional relationship. I know your age and gender but nothing else. Clarity is essential whenever possible. The more you provide of the dream the better assessment I can give in my interpretation.

What was the relationship with your dad like?

And there is the possibility your dad is a symbolic representation and not your true dad {in a primary sense-secondary relationships with your dad could be possible}.
If you can clarify these questions it may help. There is so little to the dream.

gerard

Hi, G!

Sorry for taking so long to answer.

Well, I don't know much to say.

"Full of stuff" (LOL) means that it was full of material goods, specially clothing.

The papers means legal documents.

He stood by her means that he supported her.

Thanks, anyway! [8-)

Natalia,
What you propose may be true but there is most likely more to the interpretation than you think. But because it is such a short dream and it is confusing as to what you stated I don't see how to give a proper interpretation. If you want to post the whole dream and provide clarity then perhaps we can discover more. If you feel comfortable with what you stated in your last post then go with that. You seem to be sure so that should be sufficient.

gerard

Ok! Thanks, G!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present