Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grave of the Mutilator

So I went and took a nap because I stayed home sick today...and here's the dream I had:

My family took a trip to Nashville to visit the grave site of a very famous mutilator. I think he was also known as a vampire. The whole thing was set up like an outdoors museum. You had to walk along this long trail and look at pictures and read about this mutilator. Finally, you reached this cement area. I found myself standing over a hole. I looked down and realized I was standing over the actual grave. I could see a coffin very far down. It wasn't covered by anything. It seemed like it was in some large room underground. I felt very uncomfortable like an evil force was touching me, so I walked away from it. That was when I found one of my friends coming out of the gift shop and she said, "Wouldn't this place be scary for a haunted house?!" I replied with, "Yeah, I'd pee my pants."

Somehow I ended up at my grandparents house. Here's where things get uncomfortable and disgusting...I'm pretty sure it was my grandpa that I was talking to. I crawled into bed with him...and I'm pretty sure we had sex. Though through the process, everything was very dark and I couldn't see anything. I think I fell asleep. When I awoke we both realized we left the door open and it was day. I took off running for a different room and jumped into the bed. Somewhere along my run I saw a very brightly lit mural of mother Mary painted on the wall. I wrapped myself in the sheets and just laid there.

So hopefully this dream has deeper meaning other than me being a pervert, hahaha.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Grave of the Mutilator

Aaron,
Welcome fellow Tennessean. I am a native Nashvillian {I live in Murfreesboro now}. Looking at your email address I assume you are a music buff {insaneformusic}. That is one creative aspect I never took up, even though I was so close to the music scene.

As for your dream. When you have dreams of graves, rooms underground, and deep holes, often the dream is trying to communicate something that is buried deep in your unconscious. There is a mutilator which would probably represent something that has 'mutilated' you. The museum may represent your inner museum, a place where you have collected emotional experiences that are on display but have been buried in your unconscious. These experiences are 'haunting' you. There may not be a conscious realization at this time in your life but unconsciously they are there.

The last paragraph of the dream may be revealing those things that are buried. Usually dreams are symbolic but in the case of teenagers {and younger} actual experiences in the waking life will come up. Could there have been real sexual abuse by your grandpa? These experiences may have been buried in your unconscious but are now beginning to resurface {we left the door open and it was day}.

Let me know if there is truth to what I have suggested. You may have to go look back to earlier years and get past the frightening experience before you consciously see what really happened. If there was not any abuse then the dream would be metaphorical of something else and eliminating my suggestion will lead us to looking else where for what the meaning may be.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hahaha, yes. Music is my life.

I'm not sure what to make of the hole at all.

As for my grandpa...he's not really my grandpa. My grandpa died the year before I was born and that is how I look it. I don't like this new one all that much even though he tries so hard to win me over. He's always giving me money and he fixed my car for basically nothing. But I still don't like him. I think he's a miserable, mean old man most of the time. I love my grandma and think she could've done so much better. Especially since my real grandpa was such a nice, gentle and pure person from what I'm told. I really wish I could've gotten to know him.

The only thing that I can even remotely link with something sexual was this one night and my grandpa's house...My mom was about to take my aunt and her children home so I stepped outside to wait for them. They live in the middle of the woods so it was a bit eerie, but I ignored it. I turned to find my cousins being sent back into the kitchen from the mud-room that led to the door I was standing at. I decided to go back in. As I passed my grandpa (who was turning all of my cousins around and back into the kitchen) he picked me up, spanked me and threw me into the kitchen. I screamed and threw a fit and made a massive scene. I felt violated and disrespected. Of course, my grandmother yelled at me and called me ungrateful, etc. My dad (who was home here in TN) called my grandpa and told him never to lay a hand on me again.

I guess it's possible I'm corresponding things with him since my grandma has been living with us while she teaches in Nashville.

Aaron,
Since there is no memories of actual abuse by either grandpa then we must take the sex aspect of your dream as being metaphorical in the relationship with your current grandpa {assuming it was him in your dream}. And probably much of the other symbols are metaphorical applications to the dream message as well.

The uncomfortable situation could be addressing your relationship with grandpa #2. And there may be an intuitive feeling about him that is the focus of disgusting aspects you feel toward him. The sex part may be related to those feelings, perhaps you intuitively feel and don't trust him because of how he acts toward you and your cousins. Or it may just be a metaphor for that natural desire to have a normal relationship with your grandparents and something is thwarting those efforts. The underground room may be unconscious emotions related to your relationship with #2 grandpa and other family circumstances in general.

The question is, what in your life could be the mutilator and what evil force is touching you? Have you exhausted all the possibilities of sexual contact, not only by #2 grandpa but others as well? The first paragraph seems to be setting up a scenario of such experiences but at 17 the influence of everyday waking life could disguise what that may be. I do think the dream is trying to address something about your relationship with #2 grandpa. It may be there are intuitive feelings about him that are related to other possible experiences that may involve some type of emotional abuse. Is that is the case there would need to be more info, perhaps from other dreams to help discern what that might be.

Do you remember any other recent dreams?

gerard

Emotional abuse...that could totally make sense. Not so much towards me, but he's just a mean person sometimes. I've witnessed some of the conversations between him and my grandma and I don't understand why she's still with him. I normally hear them end with him screaming, "GO TO HELL!" and storming away. Then my mom and I exchange a look where we learn we're thinking the same thing.

As for more dreams...

Last night:

I was with my high school's marching band. Everything is all mixed up, so I'll put it together the best I can. Well, we were going to some sort of competition but this competition was very different from the ones I've really been to. There was a massive pyramid involved built out of many, many metal poles. That much makes a little bit of sense. Our marching band show was called Pharaoh and there were pyramids involved. Anyway, a lot of the band members were at the top of the pyramid and I felt uneasy about it. Suddenly, multiple bars started shooting out of the pyramid and impaling the ground. I freaked out and tried to get everyone out of the pyramid. Especially the one I have feelings for. The setting was very strange. We were in some sort of field filled with trees. The sky was not blue...rather, grays and reds.

When it was time to leave, we had to walk through a field that was divided into two: one half was very tall grass and the other was made of wildflowers. I chose to run through the flowered side, but I was told to gallop, not run. So I was more or less jumping across the field. Somehow I found it to be a tick prevention method.

Aaron,
This dreams seems to be addressing a desire to reconcile your home life and your life as a teenager in a competitive world {a field that was divided into two. The competition is within yourself. There is a need for healing of some aspects of your life {pyramid}. If we look back at your previous dream we have clues as to what that involves.

The galloping may indicate too much of a desire to remove yourself from that world of conflicts at home {a tick prevention method}. Perhaps the message is to slow down and enjoy your teen years and do not let the conflicts at home rule your life. You will soon be entering the world of real competition {getting a job, marriage, responsibilities}. What you want to save is that one thing in life that is most important {the one I have feelings for}. And that is your true self.
The conflicts at home take away from that true self. Focus on educating yourself and finding a better life after you leave school, and home. There are many obstacles that come up {multiple bars started shooting out of the pyramid and impaling the ground}. By being yourself you will not freak out.

Do you have any creative endeavors that you enjoy?

gerard

Life really does move too fast. I feel like I was a freshmen in high school, and the next I'm applying for colleges. Where did my high school years go?

I don't really find many conflicts at home, but perhaps the home could be even more personal. Meaning that I'm trying to get away from the problems that are raging inside my head? A couple of things have fallen apart around me this past week and things are not looking up. So I could see that as being a reason.

As for creative endeavors...I'm not sure. All I really do is write. I write a lot. I'm honest in my writings. I'll say anything and everything I'm feeling.

Aaron,
There is nothing more creative than writing. It may be you have yet to find that one thing you feel worth writing about. But it will come.

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present