Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Husband injured in car accident

I had a very vivid/detailed dream that my husband's boss called me, telling me that my husband had been struck by a car on a major highway after getting out of his car to make a phone call. The boss even mentioned the name of the hospital. It woke me up early, I was unable to get back to sleep, and the thought of this dream has caused me much distress throughout the day. Thoughts?!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50, NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Husband injured in car accident

Alexis,
Not to worry. Dreams speak in symbols and metaphor and should not be looked at literally. Your husband will not be literally struck by a car. Let's look at the symbols and determine what they may represent.

Your husband's boss may represent that thing that is a controlling factor in the relationship with your husband {look at symbols other than your husband as metaphors for your emotional side}. Being hit by a car {car are usually symbolic of the dreamer} may suggest there is 'major' problems in the way of your relationship. There may be a need for healing between you and your husband.

Have you had 'major' disagreements with your husband recently?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Husband injured in car accident

Highways and freeways are indicative of the higher path of spiritual integration in one's life affording a broader, more expansive view, as well as an increase in opportunities to discover freedom from the mundane or struggle level of living.

Your Husband in your dream likely reflects aspects of your own masculine energy that you are in 'relationship' with, within yourself. Masculine energy is the thinking, behavioural part of our self it is our ability to 'act' upon our decisions and to create in the world. Characters in dreams often have twofold purposes they reflect yopur relationship with them in an outer sense (whether the character is known or not as it is the traits of the character that you are responding to; as you probably would in an actual encounter with the same particular traits within a person you have just met. Specifically though a character in a dream whether a loved one, Known or unknown is actually revealing something about ourselves and our own personality, behaviour thoughts and feelings. How we respond to a particular character is actually showing us something about how we think and feel about ourselves and how we may if facing something that we find uncomfortable repress certain traits.

Without going off on too much of a tangent your husband then is reflecting something about YOUR OWN masculine energy first and foremost, Your masculine energy or patterns of thought seem to be 'driven' at this time along a higher-way of thinking, the need to stop and make a phonecall suggests that you have been asking for help on some level, in regards to possibly your own healing, (who was your husband making a phone call too, do you remember?) As a result soomething has happened recently that has impacted on you and your masculine energy, has there been anything specific that has happened recently which has thrown you off your path, have your more conscious thoughts maybe those that were of a higher nature been distracted with thoughts that are more fear based or worry based?

Often when fear or worry enetr our energys it clogs our ability to see with clarity or think clearly, your husband being taken to a hospital does however indicate that your masculine patterns are in a place of healing and resolution as to what has happened in your life that has had such an impact on your masculine energy.

Just some food for thought hope you can take something from it

Goodluck Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present