Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
over mountain

Standing on a mountain top looking out upon the world, in one direction stretched out behind me: distorted ugly landscapes, cold concrete grey, heavy clouds and weighted sky. From this view a need to escape stirs I can’t stand it anymore. This high plateau offers solace. I don’t want to be anymore of this time, this void; I am torn. I look ahead away from the distorted landscapes I see a fragrant sky, a look down I see a valley below. It’s beautiful, plush, green and wild. A desperate plea will I fly? Inevitably I will not. A look deeper to the valley below where upon my body would land I see a lake. In the center of the lake I see a beam of light. Taken back what is this? A light in the middle of a lake how wonderful my heart pounds, my mind reels -the realization that there is still beautiful mystery to behold. So I run, run as fast as I can, so fast I almost flew down the mountain and unto the shore. I run into the water and when I could no longer run I began to swim. When I reached the middle of the lake I began to dive. Deeper and deeper I went until I no longer thought to breathe. A shape appears, its bright, the light, it’s a pyramid; crystal clear. When I finally reach it I run my fingers and hands across it, it is warm and smooth. I cup my hands around my face and try to look inside but am blinded completely from the reflection of the sun. I turn away with my back upon its angled form, blinded. Then something strange happened, an atomization of my form so to speak, for the next thing I found myself now on dry ground looking up and out of the pyramid. I can see the sun I can feel its warmth; it’s smooth and it no longer burns.
I was next greeted by three men; they were handsome men, elders, dressed like the classical men right out of the history books; in togas and thonged feet.

“Welcome…we’ve been expecting you.” The one closest to me reaches out offers his hand and lifts me to my feet.

“Thank you….” I whisper

“Come this way, we have much to show you.” One says to me.

“Where am I?”

“This is where you are.” He makes a sweeping motion with his hand while leading me as the other two follow out of this space and into another.

I can hear people talking, children laughing, an echoing of faint music. We pass through caverns that are pathways moist and strange I follow them into a larger room carved beautifully into stone exhibiting ancient style and form not unlike that of ancient Greece and Rome. I am offered to sit upon a beautifully carved seat made out of stone in the center of the room. In front of me the main wall was flat with a stage carved out of stone at the base. This is where theatrics are performed.
The room grows dark. The face wall begins to take form and now truly comes to life as center stage; rich with projection visions and dreamy halftones. Worlds upon worlds upon worlds unfold. Enter into my time, my place…cold cold concrete grey, hideous forms that motion in madness. This is what happens… when it rains it pours, and it melts away.
Landscapes change and reform once again different yet the same. Your time has come. There is a shift of poles and great destruction that lends way to a formal rebirth. And for a moment and only for a moment I am allowed to see. And at this moment I saw land and sea in a collision of forms and I was granted the vision to be of the future for a time the vision that revealed the new world; a map- Worlds upon worlds upon worlds unfolding and then it was over.

I closed my eyes with one of them saying:

“This is time, remember and never forget… when the waters rise up to greet you fear not for this is your home.”

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 yrs Seattle Wa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: over mountain

Debra,
I'll tackle this dream in the morning when my intuitive senses are at their best. Such a detailed dream will need a good focus to give a proper interpretation.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Dear Gerald, Thank you so much your time. I am flooded with dreams such as these and they have evolved over the course of my life. I await your response.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 yrs Seattle Wa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Debra,
This dream does contain the basic elements of 'looking inwards' and recognizing the vast wasteland from which most of us have lived our lives. Yet as you go inwards you begin to see something more beautiful and rewarding than those tangible items of material worth. There is the light of the spirit which is unseeable by any visible device but is the the energy that gives you life, as well as survives this life. It is called the soul.

Your dream takes you deeper into that journey which is your primary goal in your waking life. The pyramid, the healing tool of the ancients. Out of that you have renewed yourself and put yourself on firm ground. Your journey continues, except now there are the helping hands of fate to guide you.

Where are you? You are in inner space, another place within the same space.

The theatres of the soul. From the deepest depths of the psyche the need to find that final place where you cast off the sorrows of the world and enter into the deepest space yet. There you see your future, not in shapes or forms of a waking life experiences but in the shadows of the other self, the greater Self. From the contrast of duality, ego vs soul, there is rebirth. But with each rebirth there proceeds a death, and that is to ego. When the waters rise up you leave time and space and become one with the whole.

This is the general description of the journey of the soul, the basic story of the hero/heroine journey. Out of the wake of the ego life there is another life within. What the hero/heroine of myth seeks is that higher place. In the world of Campbell and Jung, and in the inner space of all those who dare venture the journey, it is the spiritual Self, the creative soul that provides that firm grounding. Joseph Campbell called it 'following your bliss'. Now that you consciously undertaken that inner journey, that unseeable device that provides harmony and balance is the spiritual identity and the creative Self.

Have you discovered that spiritual identity and do you utilize it in your daily life? And the creative aspect, have you found what it is in your life you love doing most? When these two aspects come together they are inseparable. The creative Self flows from the spiritual and from the creative mind of art, music, poetry, whatever it is that fulfills your soul, you are giving of yourself to others. That is the spiritual aspect Jung proposes as the savior in a world of sorrow.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Debra,
I want to share what I think is the most logical path to understanding the nature of life and the way to unlocking those inner truths that will provide harmony and balance. It is from Buddhism and involves the basic teachings of the Buddha. On inspection you realize these are common sense attitudes. The one thing that is required, and the thing most lack, is the discipline needed to carry through on these teachings. If there is one thing that most humans lack, especially Americans it is discipline.

BASIC TEACHINGS OF BUDDHA

The Three Universal Truths

1. Nothing is lost in the universe
2. Everything Changes
3. Law of Cause and Effect

The Four Noble Truths

1. Life is suffering;
2. Suffering is due to attachment;
3. Attachment can be overcome;
4. There is a path for accomplishing this.

The Noble Eightfold Path

1. Right View is the true understanding of the four noble truths.
2. Right Aspiration is the true desire to free oneself from attachment, ignorance, and hatefulness. These two are referred to as Prajña, or wisdom.
3. Right Speech involves abstaining from lying, gossiping, or hurtful talk.
4. Right Action involves abstaining from hurtful behaviors, such as killing, stealing, and careless sex.
5. Right Livelihood means making your living in such a way as to avoid dishonesty and hurting others, including animals. These three are refered to as Shila, or morality.
6. Right Effort is a matter of exerting oneself in regards to the content of one's mind: Bad qualities should be abandoned and prevented from arising again; Good qualities should be enacted and nurtured.
7. Right Mindfulness is the focusing of one's attention on one's body, feelings, thoughts, and consciousness in such a way as to overcome craving, hatred, and ignorance.
8. Right Concentration is meditating in such a way as to progressively realize a true understanding of imperfection, impermanence, and non-separateness.

Such simple wisdom. Compare it to the world of guilt and repentence of the Western world.

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present