Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distress!!

I dreamed it was dusk, and I had been lying in bed waiting for my roommate to come home from taking his friend to the airport. When I looked in the living room, he was already there, in the dark, lying on the couch. He stood up and hugged me. For a moment we danced close together in circles around the room. Then I had to go. I went to some sort of food bank/help center where people go to get help with their bills, clothes, and food. Although I needed help (of some kind?), it wasn't with a bill and I never got to ask for the help anyway. The lady behind the counter was mean/rude and I left feeling discouraged. I had a blue dufflebag with me. I stood in the doorway of the building and someone tried to make off with my bag. I quickly got it back, and started walking down the street. I stopped by a museum displaying American-Indian folk art. I put my bag on the counter and the security guard thought I was trying to steal some small brass animals also laying on the counter. I tried to reassure him I wasn't stealing, I was resting, and he snatched my bag and began to search through it. I remembered that it had my purse, my text books and a few other personal effects (like a shirt, some girlie stuff, etc...it was a full bag, but not heavy). After he was satisfied I hadn't stolen, he gave my bag back and walked away. Just then, a mother and her 2/3 daughters walked up. They were playing with the ornaments, talking to me and playing in my hair. They were between 4 and 7 years old. I looked down and noticed they'd put the ornaments into my bag. I left. As I walked down the street, someone else tried to snatch my bag, but he couldn't get it. Then it started to rain. It started pouring and I ran to a nearby hospital for shelter, but no matter what door I tried to enter, access was denied to the public. There were other people, too, trying to get shelter from the rain. There were a bunch of ramps with railings like a service area, but they were for the staff and delivery to use. We had to make our way to the front in the torrential down pour. Finally, I figured since I was already wet, I might as well deal with it and make my way on home. I was walking down the sidewalk in the pouring rain uphill when this guy came and snatched my bag (AGAIN!!) I chased after him--my whole life was in that bag. He ran a few yards away laughing at me and threw the bag in the trunk of a vehicle that was in traffic,(my mind keeps switching the vehicle between a car and a pickup truck--like he threw it into the back of a pickup, but once I arrived, it was a car). The driver stopped and allowed me to get my bag. After I retrieved it and noticing the stuff was everywhere and I would have to repack it, and feeling discouraged and stressed, I sat in the street behind the car and started crying. I can't remember the thought that preceeded the words, but I remember sighing, "oh, Damian..." (my cousin's name), and thought of the little girls in the museum, and it made me feel a little better. I awoke.

What could this mean?

(True to life: proceeding the dream, my roommate had indeed left to meet a friend who was on layover at the Hartsfield-Jackson airport, but she missed her connecting flight. I was listening out for him, but he wasn't due to be home before 5am. I work for the Welfare office and live in atlanta...two situations I reeeeally don't want to be in. And I was feeling down about love and my current station when I went to sleep.)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Atlanta

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Fem

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yep...it's been a long time, but I have to keep coming back

Re: Distress!!

Katchi,
With the added information you provided I sense the dream is addressing your emotions concerning your current position romantic wise. At times you are feeling you are going in circles over this position. The help you are seeking is emotional. The mean/rude person is most likely that part of you that feels your behavior of feeling left behind, you are coming down on yourself. The bag may be those feelings of responsibility you have placed on yourself concerning the relationship. Has there been 'opinion' expressed that perhaps you are expecting too much in the relationship that isn't there? There may be an element of past experiences that reflect your emotional behavior. Had you had a bad relationship previously? Was there some depression left over from that? You may need to express these feelings with others instead of locking them in.
But alas, life goes on. Perhaps you are afraid of entering into another relationship. You are confused as to which way to go. Emotionally you are stressed. Perhaps you are seeking an omen {Damian} to guide you in the right direction. Past relationships, the good part, are what you long for.

The part about your mother and the her daughters. Was there an experience as a child that relates to what is now occurring in your life? Impressions at an early age often are imprinted on the psyche and may affect behavior later in life?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

You may have actually hit the nail on the head. I have been sorta locking myself away after a string of bad relationships. So often in love I made poor choices. My love life is almost as crazy as a Jerry Springer show. Still, sometimes I feel really alone.

I just don't understand about the constant attempted theiving part. What was the significance of my bag being taken over and over? Even when it was finally taken, the thief didn't keep it, but just sorta pranked me by running far ahead and throwing it into the vehicle. I have going over this over and over in my mind. If my bag was symbolic of my responsibilities, and people were trying to take it away, what does that mean? That people were trying to rob me of my responsibilities? Does that make sense? And how could I apply this to my love life? I have no "love life" at the moment.

And why the name of my cousin? Why did saying his name make me feel better? Why did thinking of him and the girls give me hope?

You were correct in your observation of my relationship. I was with a guy who wanted to be just friends (with benefits) until a year and a half later when it became something more...for about a week. It has been a roller coaster ride where one minute everything is fine, then the next moment, my emotions were being tested. The entire time I felt as if I had no control of the situation, that I had to just deal with it...and am still dealing with it.

Yes, I do feel as if I am in need of help, hope, affection, companionship, but it doesn't seem to be affecting me except in how I feel on the inside when I am alone.

Then I sleep. My dreams mirror how I feel, but I feel helpless to do anything effectual.

Gerard, you are Da Man!! I know you can help me decipher this strange etheral message. Bless me with your wisdom..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Chili-Hotlanta

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Fem-fatal

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? I just want to give a shout-out to Gerard!!

Katchi,
The bag that is being stolen may represent those feminine possessions of the heart. Isn't that what is taken when you enter into a bad relationship? Perhaps the dream is telling you to be more responsible in your choices. Repacking your bag could mean repacking those items that make up your emotions and relationships.

As for the name of your cousin being mentioned there are probably associations to him that fits with your life. You may have to examine the relationship with him to determine what that might be. It may have to do with childhood as perhaps the little girls would also. They may represent your past {museum}. Dreams often address the origins of personality behavior and those decisions of making bad choices in romance are probably rooted in childhood.

Your statement about feeling bad when you are alone. There may lie the reason for your choices of men. And again it probably goes back to childhood. Where there experiences with your parents that may have left you feeling unloved, unwanted? And the constant toll of making bad choices often adds to the burden established earlier in life.

What type men do you tend to choose? Are they like your father, opposite your father? Patterns of behavior often begin early in life due to influences of experiences that are imprinted on te psyche and remain there throughout life. Examine those possibilities and see what you come up with. Let me know the results and perhaps we will be able to find the tools to break away from those bad habits.

One last thought. The bag may also represent those inherent qualities you possess. That would fit in with what is always taken would it not.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present