Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Running and climbing

Hi again. It's just been too much happening lately, I haven't found the right focus to consentrate on my dreams. It has been like a hurricane both round and inside me..
But I'll post two glimpses from a dream now, just to get me started again:)

The first glimpse is from a running track (not sure if it's the right word, but it's a circular track, like the ones professional runners compete on)I'm running on the track, but I'm either way behind or way ahead the rest, I'm not sure which. In fact, the other runners are grouped on the exact oposite side of the circle. I run not very fast, and after half a round I discover that they are not on the oposite side anymore, but closing in on me from behind. I understand that I'm not running fast enough and I speed up.

Next glimpse is from my neighbours garden. A tall fence devides the garden into two separate parts, (not the case in real life) and I'm climbing on the fence, holding my daughter on my arm. I'm taking her up to the house so she can play with her little girlfriend who lives there. It's not like we really need to climb on this fence to get up to the house, but we somehow decided it would be fun. But the fence gets taller, and the ground gets steeper, and halfway up I understand that it is to dangerous to go through with it all the way up. If I fell down or lost grip of my daugther, it would be a long and hard fall. So a bit sahky I climb down from the fence.

Any ideas on this one? I've decided to pull myself together and sart focusing on my dreams again now. Need the info:)

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Running and climbing

Hello Inanna,
I know how you feel about not being able to focus on your dreams. I too have had problems focusing. Much of it is because of responsibilities to the 'social dragon' {doing what society requires-job, relationships, other responsibilities}. And the past week I have had this head cold and have had to work my job also. Too little time to focus on my dream work and too little intuitive capacity to 'see' into te dream symbols.
But that is life.

The first part of your dream seems to be that regular symbol of being 'chased' and not being able to get away from those things in life you wish to avoid to get away from. It often seems we are always going in circles, never achieving those goals we set out for. And the other responsibilities {social dragon} always seem to gang up on us making it even harder.

The second part of your dream.
The garden. That is the place were we truly grow. It is that place in life we truly wish to be. For those of us who have taken the time to look inward there is a conscious recognition of that place. But because of circumstances {partly due to social duty, partly due to psychological circumstances} we have to divide what we can do and what we can not do. In one arm you have your daughter to care for and her well being {the most important thing in your life no doubt}. That is one part of your garden, the growth of your daughter.

The second part, and the one where the fence gets taller, is your own personal growth. That is what the inner journey is about {psychological}. When it gets down to priorities you have to make a choice. To get to the top of your own personal growth {that creative aspect that transcends social duty} you have to make sacrifices. There now is too much danger in those personal choices because you have your daughter to think of first. But you have not abandoned that inner growth. It is shaky in climbing over the barriers that get you there but you are still on the right path {in the dream you have climbed over the fence}.

The dream is also probably addressing your own childhood experiences {you are your daughter}. The part of successfully climbing over the fence suggests you are handling that appropriately. It is still a steep hill to climb but you are consciously engaged on succeeding, on both counts, even though there are those times when you may feel the hill is too steep to climb.

In the hero/heroine journey it is the sacrifices we make for the other that makes us the true hero. In life it is the responsibility's we owe to others {your daughter}. Psychologically it is staying the course, seeking to grow personally and to be able to be that creative person. You are still very young and to put your daughter first in most important. But never get too far away from your 'dreams', literally and figurality. By staying the course you will eventually obtain both. It is a difficult road to travel but the hero/heroine always has the helping hands of faith on their side.

From the Power of Myth

BILL MOYERS
: Do you ever have the sense of... being helped by hidden hands?

JOSEPH CAMPBELL: All the time. It is miraculous. I even have a superstition that has grown on me as a result of invisible hands coming all the time - namely, that if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.

I know at times it is hard to see that you are getting to that garden. But if you stay the course you will notice that things do fall into place. Stay strong. You are on the right path as long as you pay attention to your dreams and give time to personal growth.

the journey is a transformation of consciousness by trials and revelations....Joseph Campbell

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present