Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Creativity and Mental Disorders

Both Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell thought that the creative aspect was as natural as any physical or psychological aspect of the human psyche. In fact both taught that creativity was the essence of the soul, the one thing in life that brought about fulfillment where nothing else could. As strange as this may seem to many there is evidence that the creative mind does indeed provide better psychological as well physical health for most. Case in point are those who are born with severe mental disorders, people known as
savants. I happened to catch 60 Minutes on CBS and its story of this bazaar condition and the brilliant creativity these people possess. Perhaps this reinforces Jung's theory that the creative aspect is indeed the center of the psyche, that part of us that is capable of not only providing balance and harmony in a normal life but also capable of curing mental disorders. Watch the video from the 60 Minutes website below. The video is about 15 minutes in length.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Creativity and Mental Disorders

Fascinating. Very moving as well. Thank you for posting this, Gerard. Since this is my first time posting a comment at this site, I would also like to express my gratitude for this great site you have created, and also for your insightful dream interpretations. I have been recommending "mythsdreamssymbols.com" to my friends. Best Wishes

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Stockbridge GA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Creativity and Mental Disorders

Ray,
Such kind words about MDS is music for my soul. To be able to share with others what I have learned is one reason I put so much effort into making MDS a better site for those seeking answers to what dreams are about. And of course it fulfills my creative spirit and gives my life true meaning. I appreciate your sentiments more than you will ever know.

This is very fascinating isn't it. Although it involves science outside the realms of what Jung studied, it does tie into the same possibilities involving the 'miracles' of the psyche. One thing that struck me was how Ray's other physical and mental capacities improved with his creative learning. That could fit with Jung's assertion that life becomes more harmonious with the development of the creative self for the rest of us. Not only psychologically but also physically.

Below are 3 other short videos on savants, including George Finn the original Rain Man {Dustin Hoffman movie}.

Derrick Paravicini

Brain Man Daniel Tammet

Savants: The Real Rain Man, George Finn

Watch CBS Videos Online

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present