Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heros turn left !.... heroines turn right?

In a green landscape. A deep wide river flowing left to right.A bridge further down river on my right.Bridge is bueatiful, as if carved from one stone.
I lower my self into slightly brown, very warm water.Hang on to the bank so that I am not swept away.The pull of the river is strong on my legs. I get out and calmly go to pick off the leaches.
I feel in the dream that I will do this many times, over time to heal my body.

Leaches are an old way of healing too, as I see it.(not like the directory, what do you think)
And the bridge on the right......

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Heros turn left !.... heroines turn right?

Nina,
It could be that removing the leeches has the power to heal also. That is if the leeches represent those things that suck the energy out of you.

But I digress. The green landscape may indicate you have your life under control, you are actively engaged in personal growth and spiritual enlightenment. But there may be one remaining bridge to cross to get to that 'promised land'. And what a beautiful bridge that is once you do cross over. It is one built on solid, sound and fundamental principles {carved from stone}. In Jungian psyche it is the creative aspect that leads us to that place of bliss and harmony. And the creative aspect flows from the spiritual.

Right often represents social inclinations, doing as you are told to do by society. Left would be the left hand path of adventure, of self discovery, following your bliss. As long as the hero/heroine clings to {Hang on to the bank} the discovery of the true self will never be realized. By consciously and actively engaging in that search and discovering who you are 'within' puts you on the correct path. But you must lower yourself into the depths of your own unconscious mind to realize your true strengths {by also realizing your weaknesses-your shadow}. It is not a clear path {brown water} but it is so inviting {warm water}.

The healing comes by immersing yourself in self discovery. That is the deep waters of the unconscious. In myth it usually takes the hero/heroine many attempts to realize the quest {I feel in the dream that I will do this many times, over time to heal my body}. This is also how our individual lives play out, many attempts to unshackle ourselves from the restraints of fear, desire and social duty. The process of discovery is itself an act of healing. You go deep down into the depths of your soul and make new discoveries about yourself. And when you return to clear consciousness you learn to peal away the leaches of the past, those things that do suck the life's energies and cause harm to the psyche.

The bridge to the right? That is the bridge that has yet to be fully crossed, the bridge leading you away from fear, desire and social duty.

Most can't get past social duty. And in today's world where it takes so much energy just to survive. A tough road to travel.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Heros turn left !.... heroines turn right?

Gerard,
Yes, yes!, I thought when I first read that bit about the leeches. It is in the taking them off , that completes that part of the healing process. Your digression was clarifying.

Letting go of the bank when the rivers currents are so strong and I am not (…and I don‘t mean the kind of strength that wants to compete with the currents) Anyway, it doesn’t feel the right thing to do yet.
Also, I think I am in a process that requires a certain repetition . Letting go as you say is a good way to proceed, but not yet, I’d venture. It doesn’t seem like the time for it.

I was very calm through out the dream, which made it seem more poignant.
You pointed to social duty as an issue that has just become quite relevant for me.(things being on the right) and the right includes a bridge, which makes sense now.

Thankyou ,I think you described the process I am in well.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present