Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Earthquake

I'm in the library and one of the girls in my college was going into an office in the basement of the library that belonged to another girl at my college.

She said the lights went out in her room at college, and she didn't want to be in the dark so she decided to leave, even though it was late, maybe around midnight.

I walked back to one of the upper levels of the library and sat down at a library table, which then began to shake extremely violently. Even though I was concentrating deeply in my reading I noticed it after a while.

I looked around the library and noticed that none of the other tables were shaking and none of the other students knew what was going on but I knew there was going to be a violent earthquake and the library would be destroyed so I got up and called out to the other students to run out of the building as I ran to the exit.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Earthquake

May,
Because dreams are about the dreamer and unknown people within a dream most often symbolize aspects of the dreamer, I see the girl going into the basement {unconscious} as being an aspect of yourself. Libraries are where we discover inner knowledge about ourselves.

Leaving the library may indicate something within your unconscious is ready to come to full consciousness. And when it is realized there is a threat of an upheaval in the waking life. But with every realizations there is that positive aspect of healing.

The dream hints there is one aspect that can cause this earthquake in your life. But it may affect your whole life. But you must confront it or saving yourself will be impossible.

May, your recent dreams do seem to contain elements of new realizations that are about to occur in your life. And they do seem to be major realizations. What is it that may be on the horizon that would fit with that? Or is it something buried so deep it has yet to surface in a way that would be recognized?

One personal thought that may fit with your realizations. I sense something major is occurring at this very moment in history, not only personal and but also universal. A part of the universal I believe has to do with the historical election of Barrack Obama. That has been one of America's darkest shadows. And the awful condition of world economies and strife. I have always believed in the macrocosm and microcosm. What is affected on one level is also affected on all other levels. Environmentally there is the global warming thing. Economically we are in a full state of transition. Everything seems to be going in a certain direction.

On the personal end my life is in a transformational mold also, my son is moving to another state. I am having to resume many responsibilities of managing the fence business I gave to him a few years back, and I am looking to do relocate also and hoping to take early retirement at age 62. But I feel something else is on the horizon. Exactly what it is isn't clear. I have had such feelings for a couple of years now and the 'signs' are only growing stronger. The year 2009 may be the year.

But there are positive vibs within these senses also. For you and I and all those who dare travel that road of self discovery, I sense these signs as being positive. I really do. Intuitive senses. And I think you know how I feel about intuitive sensing, they always are true.

On the subject of politics here in America. Our worst nightmare is about to come to an end. George W. Bush {the village idiot} is finally leaving the scene. That alone is great news, not only for Americans but for the world. Now a healing of great magnitude is in the offing. But the suffering this man as brought about will take a lot of time to overcome.

I sensed right away the truth about King George. And it proved correct. And while the toll of his incompetence and ignorance finally have caught up with him, it was Mother Nature that started his downfall. The whole thing began to unravel when Katrina hit New Orleans. His true self was revealed to the world with that event. I find it so ironic it was nature that betrayed him. You don't mess with Mother Nature. Patriarchal powers are useless when matched against the powers of nature.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for having a positive take on my dream as well as validating trusting my intuition and my gut feeling.

I agree that all the people in the dream represent parts of me. What is interesting about the girl who left the dorm room is that even though it was nightime and bedtime, she no longer 'wanted to be in the dark'. There is definitely a deeply unconscious part of me that is longing to be realised and actualised and that is longing for some kind of knowledge, clearly self knowledge but also knowledge that would help me in my day to day life, my studies and my relationships. The fact also that she went from her dorm room to the 'library' simply reinforces this idea. The students in the 'upper floors' are probably more conscious aspects of my self that I have yet to integrate. The student who has the office in the basement together with the girl who went there seem to be the cataclysmic elements that lead to an earthquake...these unconscious feminine forces that in seeking consciousness, light, and knowledge shake things up. Both of these girls by the way are from the same ethnic background as my 'friend'. That this relationship is also connected to the earthquake is also something I considered, however, I think that the cause of the earthquake is something much deeper than my current relationship and is related to my own quest for light and knowledge.

I had an earthquake dream once before in my life, five years ago, after which I moved, first to another state, then to another country and then got married, finished two master's degrees, got divorced and began a PhD. At that time I was also in a relationship with someone who told me he could not marry because of the political situation in his country and the fact that his family also had to have a say in who he married. It is because of my experience with that relationship that I feel hesitant about the current one I am in. It is a similar situation, but it feels different. There is still a part of me that feels that in this case, in some strange way, a future together is possible, but it flys against everything I know.

My doctoral studies could also be putting me on the verge of an important academic breakthrough (I wish), but I feel that the nature of the change is deeply personal, that strong feminine energies buried deep in my unconscious are seeking to emerge into the light and be integrated...exactly what that is or how that will look remains to be seen. In the dream, also I was not caught off guard, I was aware of the earthquake and able to get out safely.

The destruction of the library...as I liberate deeper feminine aspects from the unconcious and the shadow and integrate them, my value system as it now stands will be shaken to the core and destroyed, but something new and better will be built in its place, based on true light and true knowledge...

Or, as the feminine aspects in the unconscious become liberated and enlightened, I become more conscious and more able to navigate the turbulenc of a crumbling value system to make way for something new....

It is all still vague but definitely something looming on the horizon.

But it is clear that deep, profound inner change and transformation is on the way, and I'm ready for it.

I have decided just to be safe that I will take some time for myself away from my friend to reflect. I haven't been answering his calls, which is ok. Its not the first time I've done this. I am sure things will be fine in the long run (intuition) but I need space and I don't want to get hurt and I'm hoping as time passes he will change his mind and be less rigid and more open to a relationship. He earned a distinction on his studies that I helped him and left me a message....

Thank you so much Jerry.

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Now that some time has passed and I can look back and reflect at my life I realise that I had this dream after I met SK. But I was so wrapped up with S at the time.

What is interesting is that the last time I had an earthquake dream within 10 months I had moved to another country long term and changed tremendously. I already wrote this. I feel that I am on the verge of an even bigger change in the physical reality of my life. I enjoy travelling and exploring new cultures and spiritually I am open minded because I believe we can find the truth if we seek it, on any traditional path as long as we are honest with ourselves.

My gut feeling is that the insights that I develop intellectually may lead to a breakthrough that will also harmonise with my personal life and take me to a higher level in life. I am deeply achievement oriented and this not just an ego thing, its not superficial, I NEED to actualise my potential as a human being and when I don't feel I am doing so I feel I am wasting my talents and cheating myself of life. Even the swimming dream is telling me something similar. I also believe that there is a relationship between the quality of our lives, our personal relationships and our ability to achieve. I think my new boyfriend, SK will play a huge role in my self transformation. I'm not sure why I'm getting this sense. He is very creative and spiritual.

Interestingly last week I was working on my dissertation and suddendly a number of huge insights leaped up at me. Its interesting because I didn't see it before, yet it was so obvious and it was a common thread. I lost the momentum over the holidays but am going to get it back, I feel at times my dissertation is writing itself and I am just the vehicle....

Life is so amazing. The journey to consciousness is beautiful. I am fortunate to have this opportunity.

What a wonderful gift this forum is Jerry.

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38/Europe

stats from 7-14-10 to the present