Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fish/skeleton

Hi,
I had this very strange tonight, I kept seeing the back of a fish swimming away. It was in dark, deep water. The fish had that glimmery tropical look, was flat (similar to an angel fish) but coloured blue and yellow.

I couldn't see it's face, but the scene of it slowly swimming away repeated. When I did happen to see it's face, the water was no longer dark and the fish had a comical face, almost like a cartoon.

I then saw a fish mounted on a wooden plaque, but it was just the skeleton of a fish. The mounted fish, looked like a common carp.

A bible verse was then mentioned, Genesis 14:2. I looked up the bible verse, but the verse alone makes no sense.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Fish/skeleton

Grimm,
Fish in a dream often have two distinct meanings. The first being it represents the 'true self', devoid of egocentricity and dedicated to the spiritual, creative or original self {the original self being that self unaffected by experiences and emotions}. This may in some way fit with the bible verse at the end of your dream {The fish is an ancient symbol of Christianity and Christian beliefs}.

The second possible meaning is it represents the unconscious. Fish swim in water and large bodies of water {deep waters} usually represent the depths of the unconscious. The fish would be that deepest unconscious which holds those hidden aspects which the conscious mind may not be aware of. It is related to the first possibility in that it also is focused on the true self.

In your dream the fish is swimming away. Perhaps this is an indication you have turned away {back of a fish} from certain aspects of your true self. Being flat may represent not have any real structure to this particular aspect. The color yellow may represent an intimation of your true self. Blue may represent the power of the conscious mind, of ego and not the true self.

The comical look, the cartoon features would represent you. Perhaps this is how you feel about yourself at times. You are a skeleton of your true self, not being who you really are or want to be.

Perhaps these feelings of self have to do with the 'haunting' in your Entering the backdoor of a haunted house dream. I'll give another look at that dream later today or in the morning to determine if there are clues in that dream which will provide further insights to that true self.

As for the bible verse. Sodom and Gomorrah {ancient cities} were destroyed for the sins of their inhabitants by God and their names have become synonymous with impenitent sin. There may be a relationship to your life that is an unconscious motivation for who you are and how you act. The haunting dream may be addressing those aspects, something hidden { often the influence to personality is hidden or repressed}, something that unconsciously controls who you are {and causing you not to be your true self}.

Your haunting dream takes on more significance if the above applies. The last paragraph may be important;
{At the end of the dream I finally go into the backdoor of the house as myself. I’m scared that things will jump out.

Are there issues in your life that you are consciously aware of that may 'haunt' you if you look deeper into those experiences?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I'd say there are a good handful of things I'm scared of knowing more about.

A major one would be my family. I don't have a great relationship with my mother or sister, it's very much a surface thing.

I'm scared of knowing the real reason for the distance and confronting them about it etc

stats from 7-14-10 to the present