Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what am i dreaming?

in my dream i was with a young girl of around 13, she was wearing a red head band. I said buy to her and went to bed and fell asleep and started dreaming, My dream was as if i was a baby neing help tight across a mans body (felt like he was my father), I could NOT move or sense but i sensed that i was in a living room near a clear mess front door. There was a women on the left (again i felt this not seen it) and the male and female seemed to be confronting each other as he was leaving with me... At this point i woke from both dreams........... I then fell asleep again and found myself as an adult in the same building (which was not my real home but felt that way) next door to me lived my freind/past lover, brad. We were chatting over the hedge when a group of teenagers walked across a feild at the front of the houses, following/ running to catch up was the girl i was with in the dream before. Brad said spoke to them as the walked past and they spoke back. Myself and brad then returned to our own buildings/homes. I was in the front, upstairs window when i was lots of blue lights coming from the area where the people had walked to, brad was talking to someone outside. I went and asked brad what was going on and he said that the young girl (from the first dream) had fallen of a cliff and her friends had let go of her hand, he told me that i was to return and remain into my house. I went back to the window upstairs and more and more of the blue lights seem to be arriving, i looked down to the left and noticed that brad was sat on the steps of his home leadind to his porch, fixing a fishing rod, I walked outside and went to talk to him again over the hedge, with that hundrends of planes began flying over and started drop thousands of oil shaped bottels into a very wide river also in front of our home/buildings. The bottels were again like bright blue lights, shaped like car oil bottles, they were filledd with gold, grainy liquid. Brad noticed me and shouted that hed told me to remain in the house, i asked him what the liquid was and he told me it was survival liquid. Then he said again 'i told you to remain in the house and pushed me through my swinging, clear mesh front door...

This dream is confusing me, its the only dream that has ever made such an impact. i need to know what its saying!! i dont know if it because iv never before had a dream that i was not able to move or see in... please help..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 hereford

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: what am i dreaming?

sarah,
I'll provide a detailed interpretation later today or in the morning. But I do want to comment on your dream to perhaps provoke some thought on your part that may be instrumental to your dream.

Most often when a dreams contain images of childhood or early teen years, the central theme of the dream is usually addressing experiences from that time period. What, if any, experiences do you remember at age 13 that could be relevant to the dream? It may involve bottled up emotions that are coming to conscious recognition and causing mood swings. Have you experienced such mood swings in recent days?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

yes around that age my father had a car accident that left him unable to walk..... at the time i had to grow up fast and help with my brother and support my mum, however i feel i delt with everything with that experiance.. i was under a councillor for a year or so 2 yrs ago and we covered alot there....
Depression is something that has been going on recently... so yes mood swings.. highs, lows...
i know this dream is something. thanks for your reply

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

sarah,
Your experience at age 13 with your father's car accident does seem to fit with the dream. Dreaming that you are dreaming symbolizes an unconscious awareness of past experiences. Those past experiences began at age 13 when you had to 'grow up fast'. Such a requirement often dilutes those normal early teen experiences. The conflicts at such an early age may have been dealt with the best you could but the lingering affects of not having a 'normal' teen experience is irreplaceable and can reveal itself later in life. It is an emotional issue that often remains unresolved throughout life and can affect future relationships. The second dream may be illustrating those affects.

The dream statement found myself as an adult in the same building combined with the added language next door to me lived my friend/past lover, brad may suggest the affect of those experiences beginning at age 13 are having an affect on your adult life. Chatting over the hedge could represent restrictions and barriers that inhibit what normal relationships with other people. At 26 you are still trying to the girl i was with in the dream before, that girl being you at age 13. It was those vulnerable early teen years that had fallen off the cliff. Unconsciously that lack of normality at age 13 still are imprinted on your psyche and probably exert some control of how you act and react as an adult. In other words you still long for that normal teen age life that was taken away because of circumstances when you were a teen. Even though you handled the circumstances well unconsciously the experiences remain in conflict.

The blue lights may represent a understanding of how early teen experiences are affecting you as an adult shedding light on what was once a cloudy situation. But this is still an unconscious understanding that needs to be made conscious {what dreams do}. There is a need to realize those influences from earlier your early teen years on your life today.

The color blue often symbolizes unconscious contents and its influence over the conscious mind. What is bottled up influences of early teen years} are now trying to 'drop down' from the conscious mind to conscious awareness. As long as you remain in the 'same house' represented by those early teen experiences you will be unable to realize that whole self that seeks to be balanced so to live a fruitful and harmonious life. The bottles are your life, grainy yet still capable of being golden {a harmonious life despite past experiences}.

So what exactly is it that those past influences from your teen years is trying to address and correct? Could it you relationship with men? Brad is mentioned throughout the last parts of the dream. Are there barriers within you that prevent you from having a normal romantic relationship? If so then that would be the influence from the experiences at age 13 with you dad. Something from those years may have left a negative imprinting that now influence how you see men or react in a relationship with men. Does that fit with who you are in relationship with men?

Whatever the influences from those early years there remains unresolved conflicts associated with those experiences. Whether it be in relationships with men or something else, there needs to be a recognition and resolution of the conflicts. Otherwise their influence will live on and have unconscious control over parts of your life, most likely negative influences.

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

that makees sense to me,thank you.
3weeks after my dads accident i started in my first relationship which lasted 11 yrs, It was a VERY violent relationship from the start... councillor said the reason i stayed may have been because i was trying to form a relationship/ not loose a relationship like i'd felt i'd lost with my father as he was no longer my protector i looked for it in that relationship.
Thank you.

sarah,
I sensed that might be true. Age dreams usually do address experiences during that period of time. I find it to be a constant in most dreams posted at the Dream Forum.

Understanding the underlying influences will help heal what was wounded at the age 13 and beyond. If you will continue the counseling you can eventually resolve the conflicts and remove the unconscious influences. And by doing so you will have a more harmonious life for the simple reason you aren't influenced by those emotional issues any longer. It's a natural function of dreams to help resolve emotional issues.

gerard

sarah,
Forgot to mention, I need to better proof read my responses. After going back over my previous response I noticed bad spelling and some improper grammar. One thing I try to do is provide as simple explanation as I can so it will be understood. I consider myself a filter conduit of Jung's more difficult language. And if the dreamer recognizes the relationship in my interpretation and the dream then they most likely will benefit from the dream. That's the real goal.

gerard

i am much the same, after looking back on my own messages.
I understod it perfectly, thank you and i am very greatful for your response.
Many thanks
sarah x

stats from 7-14-10 to the present