Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE BLACK PANTHER

Last nite before going to bed I asked my subconscious to give me a dream about how to get the aquamarine and what to do about my friend S. This is what I got:

I'm playing a party game with S.* and a few other people. I botch up the first question. For the second question, he says 'black panther', because it runs fast. Then he's kissing a blonde* girl and I'm jealous.

EOD

* My best friend in college, Amber taught us all a game, three questions..whats your favorite fruit, your favorite animal and your favorite body of water. The fruit represents how your self, the animal how others see you or how you want to be seen (persona) and the body of water represents sexuality.

**my hair was blonde but after we were together I dyed it a dark mocha colour and it looks really really good.

Thanx y'all :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: THE BLACK PANTHER

May,
The simple answer or possible answer to what this dream means would be the characters all represent you. Botching the first question {how you see yourself} is an ego thing and thus it would be natural to get that question wrong {as most everyone would}. The second question would represent how you would want to be seen, your unconscious {black panther} true self. That true self is hard to catch because it runs so fast {hard to know or understand}. Kissing the blond is accepting who you really are, accepting/uniting {kissing} those aspects about your true self that are unconscious. The jealousy part would represent being desirous of realizing and accepting your true self.

As for S. That could be one particular aspect that needs to be better understood, not just your sexuality but how others think about your sexuality. Others may need to accept your true self instead of trying to substitute their ideas they wish/think you should be.

S could also {at the same time} represent your own masculine self. Again, an acceptance of your true self with sex representing an integration of those unconscious aspects.

What are your thoughts? There may be more to the dream but being a short dream leaves a lot to known.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

That is exactly how I understood the dream as well, although I missed the part about botching up my own self image and about integrating sexuality. But I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote.

I am the black panther. :) I went on line and looked up the black panther totem, and wow is it amazing. The dream is telling me to be more like that. The black panther can isolate its eyes to see more (clairvoyance, intuition), as well as each of its 500 muscles (mastery). It is sleek, sensual, quick and decisive but not meant for long distanc running (I should speed up my pace and cut my distance when I jog :)), It is protective, feminine, evasive, mysterious and dangerous to its enemy. I should be more like the black panther in how I deal with S.....

I thought I botched up how I understood S. That he is not really the black panther in the negative sense, i.e. the playboy that he is trying to make himself to be to me...

My relationship with S. is definitely calling me towards healing and grow as you and Marce have pointed out. However, I'm taking it very slowly. I figure if its meant to be, it will happen. I haven't answered his calls when he called yesterday or the day before. I need space. Like a black panther, solitary creatures. I need time to reflect and connect with myself and my feelings as well as with the feelings he evokes inside me. I know he is a good guy. I had another dream about him which I'll post as well.

I know also I've been projecting my animus on to him and have been projecting other things as well.

All my dreams are trying to get me to look at myself more reflectively, connect with my intuition, look internally for strength and continue on the hero journey. The black panther is an incredibly powerful symbol of all of this. If I don't connect with this side of myself it will be dangerous...like the black panther, which is a large cat but roars like a lion....

In order to capture its prey, the black panther is extremely SILENT. (Not that I'm hunting S. or anything..but perhaps it has been a good idea to keep totally SILENT and let him come to me. Maybe he'll drop this nonsense of 'I can never marry you'...who knows..) And maybe thats not even what I really want. I need to be silent, elusive, in control of myself, in touch with my intuition and the answers will come...

Thanks Jerry!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

May,
I sometimes have to remind myself that the dream is about the dreamer and anyone and everyone is either a emotional relationship to the dreamer or an aspect of the dreamer {sometimes both}. Often if the person in the dream is a relative or close relationship then the dream is saying something about that relationship. Other than that people will more often be symbolic of some aspect of the dreamer. There are a few rules of thumb that seldom deviate in dreams and if we go back to those basics often the metaphorical reference will fall into place. Of course we can never take anything for granted but I do find certain rules of order in dreams will provide a correct path to understanding a dream. If it fits then most likely it is correct.

Another rule of thumb that seems to be fixed in most dreams, and can be verified in many posts at the Forum. When an earlier age in life is included in the dream language, other than just a passing reference, you can almost surely count on that as indicating the dream is addressing that period of time in the dreamer's life. A recent post that illustrates this is Sarah's dream what am i dreaming?. I mention this probability in my response and sure enough it did fit with her life experiences. And if it fits.....

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

I just read your and Sarah's dream/reply and it definitely fits!

Thanks for reminding me again and again of my potential to to always look inwards. What a great source of strength, growth and insight that is.

Also, my ages from 12-22, the ages when my friend Jennifer and I were hanging out, were extremely formative years. Before 12 I was pretty much unconscious of many things. I was really a child, very introverted, solitary and could entertain myself for hours with my imagination and playing in our backyard or with the neighborhood kids. I read alot and ran around alot and didn't think at all, just used my imagination and was extremely creative. All of that got buried when I went to Jr. High and turned thirteen and became conscious of my social environment. My social skills were not that developed, although I was very friendly and could be outgoing, but I was a late bloomer in every way. In high school I was into sports and art and my studies and I had my circle of friends, but I never dated. I had no dating experience until I was 21 and my first serious relationship and the two not so serious ones before it were a disaster. I grew up in a family were virginity before marriage was an absolute priority, and had to be proven. I had no dating skills whatsoever, no clue, no knowledge even of how to protect myself in a relationships. One of the reasons I divorced my ex-husband is that he knew that I wasn't a virgin when I married him (I was also 32 years old and grew up in a Western culture and travelled throughout Europe before meeting him) and yet he held that against me. He made it a point of humilitation to regularly remind me of my 'past' just as TOM mentioned in his posts, and used it against me regularly and used it to prove he was better than all those guys because he married me (even though his family hurt me and he was physically and emotionally abusive, violent and cruel to me). Rather than be understanding, he used it against me. He also knew alot more about me and how vulnerable I was before I go into those relationships and yet he still didn't care. He condemned me for having bad experiences, condemned me for being vulnerable, condemned me for experimenting, for trying to live a normal life. It was too much.

When I was between 12-22 I became painfully aware of how much my childhood had to do with my low self esteem and the hurtful relationships with men that I got into in college and beyond. Before the age of twelve I was totally unconcious of self esteem or how my parents hurt me. I would zone out, or dissociate even, or space out. I watched alot of tv and didn't think or feel much. I was also extremely thin and totally disconnected from my body. I lived in my imagination. When I started hanging out with Jenny I realised how much I had been hurt and became suddenly aware and with that awareness was tremendous pain, so intense that I really couldn't cope with it. I was extremely anxious and insecure at one point.

I really had a hard time, and I'm definitely on a healing and growing journey. My self-esteem is better than it used to be and I am a very confident person now, but I also do want to be careful with my new friend and I don't want to get hurt. I'm taking major time out to reflect.

THANK YOU SO MUCH JERRY,
The Black Panther

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

stats from 7-14-10 to the present