Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE OLD MAN BABY

Me, my mom and my brother are shopping. She picked our a pink and white sweater dress for a friend's daughter. I'm upset its not for me. I try it on. Its a size 14. I wonder if it will fit. It does. She says that its not for her friend's daughter because she wears a size 10. I'm upset. Next she gets a puffy red winter jacket and wants me to wear it. I tell her, first of all, its summer, second of all it won't be warm enough for winter because it gets really cold here and the jacket is too light for that. I'm on a bus or a train or a subway with a friend in Europe. As we drive I tell her about my recent trip to Strasbourg. And how when I was last in Madrid this time of year it was so fun to go out late at night for tapas and dancing. I'm holding her baby who looks like my brother and he doesn't like it that I go out late. I hold him close, warm his cool little feet with my hands, then he falls asleep in my arms. I think he is at the perfect age for a baby to be easy to take care of, between newborn and a year old. Then I remember my Swedish ex-boyfriend F. who wouldn't marry me because I wasn't Swedish and who only wanted to be friends with benefits. The baby wakes and starts to shake violently from fear and I hold him close and comfort him for a long time. S. was sitting next to me. I'm afraid my relationship with him will end up like my Swedish ex. As people who know us get on the bus, S. moves away to hide our relationship from them. I look at my friend who is sitting in front of me and she tells me that her husband was like that with her in the beginning too, only to protect the relationship. I look at the baby and realise his soul is that of an old old man.

Thanks everyone!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: THE OLD MAN BABY

May,
I'll give an in-depth inspection of your dream this weekend. Your dreams include many interesting metaphors and I need all my wits when I am presented with such dreams, that is if I want to give my best interpretation.
And I always want to do that.

My day job has hijacked much of my intuitive self and without that prime 'feminine' aspect to fall back on, well, it sometimes creates a hugh roadblock to that higher self and my best interpretation. Too much brain power given to the 'dragon' and to little to my 'bliss' {dreams and the psyche}.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

May,
I believe this dream is addressing old themes that are now reshaping themselves into new experiences. The relationship may be that both are not how you would want them to be. Here is what i see in the dream.

You are shopping for something in your life that you did not receive from earlier life. There is a lack of 'protection' that may be root to this need to unconsciously shop for what is not there. Could it be your earlier life, say around 10 to 14, you lacked the natural and basic childhood/adolescent necessities. Did life's circumstances cast you into roles that an adolescent would not normally have to experience? Are you now being confronted with choices that are not how you would normally want to handle them? The roots that were imprinted earlier in life are now showing them-self, a realization that being forced to be something less than you are is not how you wish to live life today.

Does this fit with your life's story, in the past and in the present?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

For the last few days I've been thinking about my life from the ages of 10-14.

I keep coming up with blanks because everything significant in my life either happened before that, or after that. Or so I thought. When I think about this time period, the most striking is that first of all, it is when my brother was born, so most likely my mom was very occupied with him. He was actually born when I was nine. But during ages 10-14, I remember that I would come home from school and my mom would be working or busy with my brother or something and I'd ask my dad if he wanted to hang out, and he was giving me the silent treatment. He was just angry with me. He had stopped hitting me but in turn became very cold. Then my sister would come home and he'd ask her how her day was and if she wanted help with her homework. It hurt very much. My mom favored my sister over me but when my brother was born he was the one she was concerned with and my dad favored my sister. It was the weirdest dynamic.

I was very unhappy. When my best friend (who was in the aquamarine dream) or a few others, my dad would yell at me that the phone was bothering him. This served to keep me isolated from my friends while I was at home and at the same time in a horrible environment.

It was really horrible.

I don't know if the other part of the dream represents wishful thinking, about S., and the baby could be my animus but it could also be the sign of something developing with S. I wondered if we knew each other in a past life and if that was why the baby seemed so so old...

Thank you Jerry,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present