Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another haunted house/infant boar

I dreamt I was in a haunted house again. In reality, this is where lived at the age of four. My girlfriend and I were in my parents’ room (or a variation of it). I was standing up, mucking around and pacing (I do this when I’m thinking). My girlfriend was lying down on the bed, on her stomach reading something when she said something like, “I don’t know how you can muck around and be so relaxed, this is a haunted house and I’m scared senseless”. As soon as she said that, I got shivers and felt just as scared as she was. On occasion, I’d see this male ghost with glasses, moving around in the other rooms out of the corner of my eye. Other people had seen him or knew of him; it seemed his name was Ed, Ned or something similar sounding. He scared me then and still scares me.

Two of my girlfriend’s friends came around, N and S. I know N better than S and have talked with him about dreams and similar topics. As we all spoke about the haunting, I showed off a bit, claiming I’d seen many ghosts before. N wanted me to come into the bathroom, so he could tell me something. We both went into the bathroom nearby, which was light blue and lit very well. N said to me that he was scared and had never encountered a ghost before. I told him all was ok and that I’d never really encountered one either. We both felt better and walked back into the other room.

I came face to face with the ghost at some point, but for some reason it isn’t very clear.
Afterwards I walked outside to a beach nearby. The sun was setting and the whole scene was very beautiful. The water was calm and sand was thick and moist. There was a very short jetty nearby; it looked old and worn.

Long after I’d woken up, I discussed the dream with my girlfriend. Every time I mentioned Ed the ghost, my whole body shivered. He seemed very familiar and I had a memory from my childhood come up. It seems ‘the bogey man’ I pictured from my childhood meets the exact feeling/vibe and look of Ed the ghost. Whenever I was told of the bogeyman by my parents, he looked like Ed. This all took place in the exact house from the dream.

I’d discussed this before bed and I had a strange dream afterwards. I don’t think I dreamt very long. I dreamt I was standing in a garden and it was completely pitch black. I could still make a few things out. There was a little wall in front of me and behind it, a place with bigger tropical trees and plants that went down about a metre. There was something in all of this that caught my eye. At first I thought I was looking at an old log or a large rock, but it took the form of a small wild boar.

I couldn’t be sure, but I was excited that there was an infant boar in the garden. I called my girlfriend over to look at it, but no matter how hard she looked, she couldn’t see it. The boar stayed in place and didn’t move a bit, so I wasn’t sure. I continued to point and explain to my girlfriend where to look, but she couldn’t see it. I stared and finally the boar started moving. I knew for sure it was a boar now and thought because of its movement, my girlfriend would see it. Even though she didn’t see it, I still was very excited.

Are you able to shed some light on any of this? Sorry for the length...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Another haunted house/infant boar

Grimm,
The haunted house is where the house you lived in at age 4. Who in that house would fit the description of the male ghost with glasses?

You have confronted these 'ghosts' before, perhaps even to do with other dream posts. Parts of you are frightened {unconscious} but consciously you have yet to confront those fears, or ghosts.

Unconsciously you are confronting these ghosts but not yet consciously. But it is ready for exposure and to be confronted. In the past you have consciously protected yourself from these ghosts {jetty} not wanting to consciously confront them.

It does seem the ghosts from you past are now exposing themselves to you consciously. Is there an Ed in your past, from childhood? These ghosts are preventing you from being that balanced self and growing personally as you should {a place with bigger tropical trees and plants}. You are now beginning to look inside yourself {perhaps involuntarily} to find the answers to this imbalance in your life. The answers are unconscious, the past memories and the ghosts reside there. These memories/experiences are starting to move to conscious realization. By doing so you are providing a 'garden' within yourself that will let you grow and have a balanced life. That life will be exciting to the life you lived with the inner ghosts.
But you must first confront these ghosts. That requires strength and will to do so. Healing will not take place until this is done.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Nobody in the house fits that description. There are a few people (friends of the family) that sort of fit, but nobody called Ed.
Whenever I thought/got told of the bogeyman (specifically at the age of four and in that house) I'd always picture the same guy with glasses and covered in shadows.

When I was a teenager, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I did hallucinate hearing and seeing an Ed. I went over this with my girlfriend the other day and the Ed I hallucinated doesn't have any of the look or feel as the one in the dream.

I had many hallucinations and dreams to do with 'hauntings' or haunted houses. One involved a boy (around four years old again) inside a haunted mansion. He stood up on a balconey where the stairs below led to. The door opened below and a man in an oilskin hat and raincoat walked in. He took off his hat and revealed a long coiled neck. He stretched it out and took off his coat. It should be clear by now, that this thing isn't a man, it's a monster. It swiftly slithers up the stairs and I assume it attacks the boy, but I don't see any of this. The boy is afraid though.

Around the same time, I used to draw little comic strips. One comic strip was called 'Ed!' and revolved around an Ed character. The character was me in an exaggerated light: a looney. In the comic strip (roughly four panels long), the Ed character hid in a garbage bin and waited for someone to pass so he could jump out and scare them. It all played out exactly like that. I remember not planning the strip, it just came out like that.

The reason I mention all of this is I thought it might be an unconscious message... what are your thoughts?

I'm not exactly sure where to start with all of this information. I've been having professional help for a long time and although that has helped me understand many things, no 'ghosts' or 'bogeymen' have ever been uncovered; none that fit any of these descriptions anyway...

I appreciate your help on all of this because it has helped me to look deeper inside.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Grimm,
The additional information about your diagnosis of schizophrenia probably explains the dreams. Your dreams most likely deviate from the norm because of your condition. The ghosts and bogymen may well be 'fictional'. Not all psychological abnormalities are due to life's experiences but have as much to do with brain chemistry {although I defer to Jung that the existence of so-called 'brain abnormalities' in some cases does not prove that schizophrenia is a brain disease}. I suspect there are elements of both in your dreams.

Possibilities. The haunted house is you without any actual living experiences that haunt you other than what is in your mind due to the bout with schizophrenia {whereas most 'hauntings' would be from actual past experiences}. That fits with your statement "The character was me in an exaggerated light: a looney."

Another possibility. There were real life experiences at an early age and those experiences have been exaggerated or magnified. There are experiences that unconsciously haunt you and the fictional Ed character is your way of reconciling the negative experiences without actually confronting them {which may be due to the conscious mind being afraid to confront the ghosts, real or imaginary, or the experiences were at an age so young you can not remember them}.

There is still that question of why the age of 4 when these things started. Have you thoroughly examined that period of time {"the best you can from such an early age}. Have you discussed the possible negative experiences from that time with your parents to get their input on the possibilities? And what does your therapist have to say about your dreams of ghosts and hauntings?

I am not a trained psychologist and I don't want to circumvent any help you receive from therapy. But if discussing your condition is helpful then I will gladly do what I can. Although everyone has had some type of psych problems in their life and those conditions are the focus of our dreams, deep seeded psych problems like schizophrenia indicate an imbalance that is beyond the norm and could affect dreams.

Here is a statement by Arthur Schopenhauer that may help explain the dream state and schizophrenia.
Note: Both Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell were students of the great philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer.

Schopenhauer: In both REM (dream) sleep and in wakefulness in schizophrenia, the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex is relatively deactivated. This may be why the dreams of normal subjects and the delusions of schizophrenics seem real. In normal wakefulness, the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex is fully engaged.
"Dreams are brief madness and madness a long dream".

Your ghost and bogymen could be a result of the schizophrenia and not actual experiences from your past. Your dreams may provide clues to both possibilities but determining which is real and which is imaginary could be a problem. But to solve any problem there must be a will to do so. I am here to help.

On the subject of Jung and schizophrenia. Here is a link that answers questions about schizophrenia from a trained Jungian therapist.
Schizophrenia: Your Questions Answered.

Also a note. You state in your response you used to draw comic strips. Has this been discussed with your therapist and used as a possible link to your 'ghosts' and 'hauntings'? The images we put onto paper often betray what is actually in the unconscious.
And the comic strips. Could this be a way not only to help discover the ghosts but also to provide a creative outlet? Did you enjoy drawing these comic strips and perhaps thought about doing it as a creative tool? That in itself may be good therapy.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Grimm

Ghosts are often symbolic of hidden, unknown or feared parts of self that a person has been afraid to face. When they begin to appear in dreams, it's often indicative of a time in a person's life when they are having to address long-feared and pushed away thoughts, past traumas, or ideas that imply fearful things, etc.

The setting of a dream indicates the part of self being worked on as well as the issue being pointed to, in the dream. The timeframe of the setting can indicate when the issue first occurred, or that we are dealing with the issue/part of self LIKE WE DID at the time of the dream setting.

The memory of the fearful idea or representaion of the bogey man surfacing after your dream is ceratainly not a coincidence but is that which has been unconscious coming to consciouness again. Trapped within us all is a fearful child that we tucked away long ago too young to know how to deal with such feelings, the shivers you were feeling when ever you mentioned the ghost is in part a true acknowledgment of these fearful feelings from a younger age. Ironically it is our fears that create our bogeyman, what I mean by this is that the ghost in your dream is symbollically a representation of some unknown or unacknowledged fear you hold within self, within your energies. In your more intimate layers 'bedroom' your feminine or feeling self that you are in relationship with 'gilfriend' is scared sensless. when this is said in the dream you get the shivers which is again that acknowledgemnet of the fear your tapping into your own truths what has been true for you and giving this fear expression.

The next stage of your dream you are taken into a bathroom with light blue walls. Light blue is a colour associated with the throat chakra energy, when it is blocked our self expression becomes blocked, Light blue however stimulates expression and is very healing. Bathrooms again is a place where we release negative emotions it seems this part of your dream is indicating either the need for or the release of these long held negative feelings. There is an oppurtunity to heal here or you are in the healing process YAY

Because after admitting your truth you feel better and the next time you encounter the ghost/fear within self it does not have such an impact on you ie your fears through acknowledging them are actually having less hold and power over you.

The outdoor scene reflects something about your current emotinal and mental energies after you have encountered and expressed these old past fears. By expression i dont necessarily mean that they have to be verbally expressed but just acknowledgement of them within yourself is enough to kick start. Fear only has power over us for as long as we give it power. By not feeding your fears (showing off about how many ghosts you have seen) and acknowledging your truth you even out does this make sense?

Wheter this time in your life has been a precursor to your bout of scizophrenia in your teenage years is not ckear in this dream thoug your own intuitions can help ypu understand the relationship between these early fears and how they have played out in your life. Sometimes our fears if overly distorted can manifest themselves in hallucinations later on in life though im not saying this is what has happened with you. I dont like to use the term scizophrenia because it is a label which places one in a box, I prefer to see the mind as a relationship of harmonys and disharmonys, the disharmony that exists in the mind giveing rise to the number of terms now used in the medical profession. But this is just my take on things I hope you can find something useful here my opinion is that this is a good dream and that your ability for self expression and acknowledgement of your past is bringing much healing for you!

Goodluck Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 UK

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present