Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cannot pull the trigger of a gun

I have had more than one dream in the past week and I hope that someone can help me with this. In all of my dreams I end up in a situation to where I need to use a gun. In the last one I was in my bed and my house was broken into. I got out of bed and went to see what had happened. I was confronted by an unknown person coming throught the front door with a gun and I raised my arms and had a revolver in my hand. I do not remember having the gun before this in the dream. The attacker raised his gun and I went to pull the trigger, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I was too weak to pull it in the dream. and I remember having the feeling that I was very weak. and just before the attacker pulled the trigger I woke up. Please help me to understand this dream. Thank You.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Alabama

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: cannot pull the trigger of a gun

Shane,
Two good possibilities to your dream are either it is addressing sexual issues {a gun can be symbolic of the penis} or the dream is addressing adggression issues {more likely this is what your dream is dealing with}. Since these dreams have occurred in the past week there is a likeyhood you are having an experience with issues involving aggressive behavior on your part or by someone who has displayed an aggressive attitude toward you. In each situation you have had to use some type of aggressive behavior or possibly thoughts of using such behavior {"I end up in a situation to where I need to use a gun"}. The unknown person would represent some aspect of your own psyche. The possiblity of the gun symbolizing a sexual issue presents itself with the dream speach "I was in my bed". Other than that I don't see any solid indication of sexual aspects {but consider the possibilities}. but the bed could represent 'getting out of an unconscious attitude' {bed} that you usually do not often find necessary.

One aspect of the dream that may involve attitudes that you normally don't use is the phrase 'being confronted by an unknown person'. That would represent something you don't often find yourself having to use. Also the phrase 'I do not remember having the gun before' may suggest the same thing.

The attacker could be another person/situation or could be an aspect of yourself, some behavior you don't normally use or confront {if another person or situation}. Something prevents you from 'pulling the trigger', perhaps again suggesting you don't normally ahve to use this aspect in your life.

Look back over the past week and see what 'aggressive' situations you have experienced. This would probably explain the dream more than anything else. Compare my suggestions to those wkaing life experiences and see where they fit. It is most likely something you normally don't have to confront in your normal everyday experiences.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present