Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream.

I am in a large room has the feel of a kitchen but theres nothing to suggest it is and I dont know if it felt like that during the actual dream. There is a taller man there too and some others though I dont actually see them. Water comes up evenly through the floor. I notice that all around the room there is what would amount to a moat in that the floor is raised all the way around , about two feet from the walls. The moat area fills in first and I place something I can stand on to avoid the water. I am on my toes on top of a pile of books? The water comes up to toe level. Next thing the water is gone and I realise it has been a false floor all along as it has gone too as if disolved with the water and the original floor with wooden boards is now showing. The room feels larger, There are big windows down one side maybe three, tall.Suddenly I am aware of something and I wonder if we are going to strike oil as a geezer of water bursts up in the top right side of the room. I am disappointed it is not oil. It wets the walls. I decide to start stripping the walls of the wet wallpaper. It comes off easily in my hands. This is when I realise thaere are others in the room because they all seem to be helping me strip the paper off. In no time the paper is all off. It has been so easy.I realise that there is woodchip covering the ceiling. Should I remove that? What will be underneath it? Cracks? Will the plaster fall off? What damage will it reveal if I take the paper off the ceiling? I decide not to. I wake up.

This dream feels like a continuation of self revelatory dreams I have been dreaming lately with the specific intention of understanding my soul and the condition of my life as a healing process. On thinking about my disappointment about not striking oil I got to thinking about the condition of the water in the geezer which was clear and that seemed to satisfy me enough for now!

I would be glad of some feedback and am glad to have the oppertunity to share. Odd that I happened upon this site the day after I had this dream?!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52. Scotland.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No.

Re: Dream.

dali,

The impression of being in a kitchen but not actually being there {in the dream} may suggest 'something is cooking' unconsciously that has yet to be fully realizes or accepted. The dream may be 'preparing' you to this unconscious aspect. The taller man may represent a higher realization. The water could represent unconscious aspects coming up from the foundations of your psyche. Moats can symbolize 'emotional walls' and if it is something that is frightening {from your past} the ego may be 'avoiding' those repressed unconscious forces. You may be ready to learn {books} about these forces. The false floors may represent 'false' identity and the original self or experiences.

The rest of the dream seems to be pointing to a 'peeling away' of some aspect in your life. What 'emotional damage' will be revealed if you do peel away those unconscious remnants. There are cracks to the past and what is underneath {within the unconscious} may reveal something that you have repressed throughout your life.

There does seem to be a great deal of evidence pointing to repressed emotional issues within the dream. If you have been consciously seeking to understand the soul/psyche this dream may be a big step in learning something about yourself that has been underneath the layers of the ego, hidden away because of the emotional concerns the ego does not wish to confront.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream.

Thank-you, gerard first for taking the time and secondly for your insights. They generally agree with mine except I hadnt looked at repression of emotions the ego doesnt want to involve itself with. Not much chance of it not looking now then is there what with floods and geezers!! I like the idea of the moat being an emotional wall. I suppose if water symbolises emotion it figures. The false floor made me think I had been standing on illusion as the water seemed quite simply to dissolve it and when the flood went down or more accurately disappeared the false floor was gone and the original restored. That seemed heartening as I had been unaware that it had been a false floor in the first place. I took that to tell me I had got my feet back on terra firma, natural wooden terra firma.

I wondered if greed had anything to do with me hoping we had struck oil what with there being a feeling of disappointment that it was only water? Does oil symbolise anything in particular? Annointing? Wealth? Of course had it been oil the room might have been a mess! The feeling of anticipation (of the oil) was a good enough one.

I liked the peeling away idea and I too had thought the taller person might be my "higher self". The helpers? Other aspects of me?

And finally the ceiling. I have made a conscious decision to remove the covering there and if there are cracks so be it. If it falls down thats okay too. I can live without a ceiling and look up at the sky instead.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52. Scotland.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present