Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream

I woke up at 1:00 AM this morning from a very vivid dream. I was in an unfamiliar room, encircled by a group of women, and I was curled up in a fetal position on the floor. I had the sense I was very weak and/or discouraged and this gathering was some form of ceremony or ritual. At one point I sensed from one of the women present that this wasn't going as they had hoped, but then all of a sudden I made a sound. It sounded foreign...I believe Sanskrit or Hindi? (Nimaya/Nimayah Shiva?)I started chanting/singing and my whole body was overcome with a powerful energy. I tried to get up from the floor, but the energy was so strong that I was unable to. Even though I could feel the energy throughout my whole body, my hands were radiating heat and shaking. I reached over and touched the feet of one of the women and they turned metallic gold. In the dream I could see golden snakes as well. It was like I was having a vision of them, but they were not actually present in the room.

I grew up in a very conservative Christian background and am unfamiliar with what manifested in my dream. I am curious to understand what this might mean for me.

Thank you for any insight you might be able to offer.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Phoenix, Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream

Kaylie,

The fetal position may suggest there is a 'new birth' about to take place or be realized . There seems to be elements of mythological influences {which is not uncommon since the psyche is still very much influenced by the primordial brain} within the dream, the ceremony and ritual, combined with the Sanskrit/Hindi chanting {have you been studying Eastern philosophy?}. You may be on the verge of a true spiritual awakening, beyond the folds of religion {especially the conservative Christian background} and focused toward that true 'inner sanctity' of personal growth combined with the spiritual concepts of other possibilities. The snakes {which are seen as evil in Christian lore} would represent new wisdom, insights. The metallic gold would suggest a realization of the 'true' self, that inner identity that usurps the ego and gives the spiritual Self the lead in the waking life {Carl Jung, a scientist and psychologist, believed in the power of the spiritual Self and that we all possess that quality as a part of the human psyche}.

Have you been engaged in a spiritual search of recent? Your inclusion of language of Sanskrit/Hindi {Nimaya/Nimayah Shiva?} suggests a knowledge of these Eastern traditions. Have their influence begun to insert themselves into that confining conservative Christian background? If so I suggest a continued search, not only of the Eastern traditions but also of Gnosticism and Native American Spirituality. Enlightenment is the soul's quest, beyond religion and into the realms of the inner self, personal growth and a true spiritual life.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream

Thank you so much for your insightful feedback.

I have been in "a dark night of the soul" state spiritually for some time, and have felt very disiullusioned. The past few months have been incredibly difficult and in the past my faith has been my anchor to ride through the storms life unfolds. However, my unraveled faith has raised tremendous doubt. This dream stirred some "indoctrinated Christian guilt", as though I were being sacreligious, despite the power and comfort evoked in the dream. I haven't allowed myself to really explore other faiths, but I appreciate your encouragement to do so.

I have always had powerful and intense dreams. However, I have noticed a shift in them recently. Perhaps there is a spiritual shift/awakening nudging my soul to open deeper and more fully. I had another intense dream last night.

I was in another country, staying overnight in a house & was very uncomfortable. I could hear voices in the other room. I shut the bedroom door & was puzzled because the door resembled a baby gate. I was extremely tire and decided to go to bed. There was a twin bed in the room with white sheets on it. When I flipped the sheets back a large iguana ran out from under the sheets. I noticed that box-like shape had been cut out of the center of the mattress and a locked metal box was inside, but I didn't explore it. I walked back to the door & noticed a 3 yr. old girl across the hall. The expression on her face was so lonely...so vacant and I felt compelled to go to her. I was disturbed that she was left alone. When I returned, two people were in my room. One was a man smoking a cigarette. I asked him to put it out & he threw it out the window. It landed in a nest that had three white birds in it. It caught on fire & the face, chest and beak of one of the birds was badly burned.(The beak was completly burnt off.) It walked into the room,across the floor and climbed up the edge of a sofa. I saw the anguished look in his eyes. The man who threw the cigarette was angry that I allowed the bird to stay. I watched the bird lay on it's side and die, blood trickling from its neck. I was weeping.

I am so thankful that I stumbled across this website. Your feedback has been so helpful.

Blessings and much thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Phoenix, Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present