Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Smokin'~

As of late, I have been having a lot of dreams where I have been smoking(it may be helpful to note that I do not smoke in reality) and in the dreams I am always trying to hide the fact that I am smoking, whether from my brothers, my friends, or my mom. What could be the significance of this?

In one dream specifically, I seem to be trapped in some kind of building and I keep running from room to room, stopping every so often to take a smoke(which relaxes me beyond description in the dream) and every time I come into a room, I see someone(sometimes someone I know in reality and sometimes not) and every time there is some kind of altercation and I am somehow in a dangerous situation and I freak out and try to run away and succeed, only to enter another room with another problem.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Smokin'~

Sergeyevna,
Smoking can symbolize shielding yourself against certain emotions {HyperDictionary}. The fact you are in the dream trying to hide your smoking seems to fit with that possibility. The relationship with family may indicate past experiences having to do with these emotions.

Being trapped in the building could also fit with the above. There are trapped emotions. And it may also suggest feelings of being trapped in some situation{s} in your life. The running way and succeeding only to find yourself back in the same position {conflicting emotions} also fits. What emotional conflicts are you running away from? Look to family first. And have you developed any bad habits {as is smoking} that you substitute for those things you have not received and need in your life?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present