Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Changes-MACROCOSM AND MICROCOSM

In Jungian psyche there is the constant reference to levels of consciousness within the human psyche as well as the collective psyche. One can not be divorced from the other because they are so intertwined and connected. But what is it about today's world that points to such principles that apply not only to the world as a whole but also the individual life as well as the total environment challenges of nature? I want to give some of my thoughts, as well as personal experiences, to help illustrate what I believe is the NOTICABLE and inevitable changes taking place at this very moment in time of our history. I do this in mind of the principle of what is true at one level is true at all levels of consciousness if not reality. The macrocosm/microcosm principle as explained in this link from Dictionary of the History of Ideas, MACROCOSM AND MICROCOSM. I will extend this to three levels of consciousness, the cosmos and nature, the hierarchy of politics and economics in the world {in particular the ascent of Barrack Obama} as well as some of my own personal experiences {the microcosm}. These are changes and affect everyone at every level.

The Macrocosm and Change
Everyone is aware of the affect of climate change. The earth is at a point of perhaps of no return, perhaps past that point, because of man's imprint. On that highest level of reality are the changes in the environment. This is affecting all parts of the planet and causing changes that recent history has no record. We finally have a conscious change to doing something that will stem the tide of global climate change, Barrack Obama's dedication to doing something as well as the populace feeling the same way. We can not survive if continue down the same failed policies, the planet will survive as a place to host human activities if we do not make drastic changes. The science is there, the consensus is there, and now the will is there. This is the macrocosm of affects that we as individual, and as a whole, must confront.

A foot note to the 'higher' aspects, what I see as the natural flow of effects within nature {what goes around comes around}.

George Bush's decline began with his indecisiveness when Katrina hit New Orleans. This is something I stated just after that event, the beginning of Bush's decline, and something that has been noted by the news media and recent historical commentators. I find it ironic that this man of patriarchy, a man who denies the feminine principle and subjugates that principle to a secondary role, was brought down by Mother Nature. I see this as the 'Collective as being that higher source of consciousness {not to say there is a 'nameable' source as religion tries to mane}. Within that 'Collective Higher Source' is a natural instrument that bring about balance. Not in the hereafter but now and here. George Bush is an active opponent of nature, denying for personal gain the true power of the feminine {,font color="#c99663">as is the earth in mythological lore. It is not surprising to me that it was 'nature' that exposed Bush as who he really is. History will record that true aspect, he will be noted as probably the worst president in US history.
And of course what happens in the US affects the entire world.

The Higher Microcosm and Change
Barrack Obama. What could better represent our shadow than the events of the past 3 months {his election}. A black man ascending to the throne, a conscious recognition and confronting of that shadow as being the cure to those repressed negative qualities. He is a metaphor for the soul of the US, if not the world. This is one aspect of the ascent of a higher recognition of the peril of the collective as well as the higher microcosm of the political/economic conditions that affect every life.

At the center are the changes he will bring about. I have addressed the environmental aspects. The economics and politics will also undergo many changes {away from the failed and incompetent policies of the Bush years}. His leadership, qualifying it as being a success in coming years, will affect the lives of everyone. The economic stress on many Americans dictates how life is lived. A lot depends on the success of this man who seems to possess insights, the discipline and an 'inner' knowledge George Bush was not privy to {the difference being in a true spiritual condition Obama possesses and Bush does not}.

The Personal Microcosm and Change
It is not by coincidence that many who post their dreams at the Dream Forum are seeking personal insights to their inner condition. I see it as a natural event, for some a synchronistic event, that so many navigate their way to this forum. Changes in the personal life are guiding most who visit the Dream Forum. It is the primary reason I changed the format, to address the inner needs of those in the depths of the 'MID-LIFE' thing, the inner search for which our dreams are constantly addressing. This is a change in my attitude, what I believe is an ascension to a higher condition, possessing the knowledge to be able to offer help to others who are also seeking that higher place within themselves. There is a sea of changes that I first noticed taking place in 2007 that is affecting the individual as well as the whole of our society. The changes on the macrocosm, the higher microcosm as well as the personal microcosm is not by chance. They all go hand in hand, each affecting the other and the effects coming from the top down. Such is the way of nature.

On a personal level I am at that stage of wanting to give more and more time to my creative Self {my working with dreams and my Myths-Dreams-Symbols website} but can not do so because of the demands of 'making ends meet' economically. This seems to be the general condition of many who are like minded, who are in that journey of self discovery. The demands of the social/economic conditions is what I often refer to this as the 'social dragon', a reference to the mythological dragons that must be slain so to discover that ' true self', that place of 'bliss' that is found within the creative and spiritual aspect of the human psyche. I long for that day when I can put all my energies into this 'higher' aspect. I see the same in many here who post at the forum. My best bet is when I can take early retirement at age 62 {just over 3 years away}. This is my goal, what I am consciously working toward. I have my sights on that path, a way to achieve that ultimate goal in my life. If I can provide insights to that path of achievement for others, that is the spiritual aspect Jung speaks of when the creative Self is in control of the waking life and not the ego-centered self which lacks true discipline and insights.

And what underlies all this on the personal level? I began with my childhood and have spent the past 15 years working my way up. I have discovered truths I never realized in this self analyzing. Those influences on the early psyche are so important. I see it all the time in other people's dreams. And it is within our dreams we can discover those hidden inner truths.

The affect of 15 years of self analyzing? I no longer feel that void that was lacking in my life. I know what the motivations to my early adult actions are and have changed so not to repeat those mistakes. I am near to that place of total bliss because I am able to focus on that true inner life and not the mistake ridden experiences that led me away from the higher Self. If I can do it anyone can, if they have the discipline.

I hope others will share their thoughts on this subject. It may seem to be a superficial topic to some but I see it as a way to recognize from the different levels where the individual is on their search and path. What is true on one level is true on all levels. Or it should be. Putting yourself in accord with the macrocosm, with nature, that is the task, and the answer to many of the ills on the microcosm level as well as a personal level.

gerard/Jerry [pray

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Changes-MACROCOSM AND MICROCOSM

(((recognize from the different levels where the individual is on their search and path. What is true on one level is true on all levels. Or it should be. Putting yourself in accord with the macrocosm, with nature, that is the task, and the answer to many of the ills on the microcosm level as well as a personal level)))

I think it cant be any other way. That the whole affects the individual and the individual affects the whole. That we change the world by doing the work to become the change we want to see, as has Obama.

As I have been quite absorbed in my inner world, amidst my academic studies and work, I did not follow the election. However, when it was announced that Obama won the election, I wept a cry of victory and happiness, a feeling of "at last," and I was proud of our nation, that finally we have reached the place where a black man could be president. I tend to think this movement in the outer world is symbolic of a greater need for us all to look at what lies in our personal (and collective) histories. I think that in the history of our nation's treatment of blacks (and, earlier, Native Americans) can be seen what we have done to our own selves - is a reflection of the treatment of our own selves (as learned) - what we have done to our own less desirable aspects. That, what we do to anyone, even when that doing is to our own selves, we do also to the whole.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present