Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daughters

In this dream, two of my daughters were little around 5 and 6 years old....(they are 23 & 24 now)
they were with me walking to the stores...all of
a sudden they rushed ahead of me and I was
yelling to them to stop running. They would not
listen but this lady saw me yelling and she
grabbed them for me by the arm until I caught
up with the kids...but before they got caught
by this lady, they turned around and yelled
to me, "Your gonna die"....I awoke with a terrible
headache in the morning...what does this all mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Flushing New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Daughters

Connie,
Often when dreams have images of young children it is a response to your own past experiences as a child.
That may be true in this dream. But my sense is the dream is speaking more to fears of mortality than anything else. Life is short, and it often runs away from you, and before you know it your children of 5 and 6 are 23 and 24. No matter what you do there is no stopping of time. Life catches up with you sooner or later {in the form of the mid-life thing}. At mid-life death becomes a reality. Those fears may have finally caught up with you.

As for the subject of death. There is no potion for immortality, at least not in this body. Religions promise better things in the hereafter but require obedience and faith. My own beliefs are the soul survives but the body does not. In what shape or form no on knows. So why dwell on it? I put all my energies in the here and now, looking for paradise on earth {in the form of 'following my bliss'}.

There is a mystical Islamic {Sufi} proverb that I see as a guiding light to the hereafter.
When the angel of death approaches it is horrific. When it reaches you it is bliss.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you Gerard for your interpretation. I go with the flow each and every day...but when I had my heart attack in July, it made me realize that we can't be so care free and eat what we want and not exercise. Now I try to do everything right...but I do let myself have a goodie one day either Saturday or Sunday on the weekend. The dream to me could also mean that I loved when the kids were little and wanted them to stay young...I don't really know...
you know the saying, "they have left the nest"
kids get older and turn into adults..that's just the way it goes, the order of things....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Flushing New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Connie,
The dream statement "Your gonna die" does fit with the heart attack and fears of mortality. A re-inforcing unconscious warning you seem to have already taken seriously.

And your decision to do a better job physically is definitely the right thing to do. Physical fitness has been a part of my life for 30 years and at the age of 58 I am benefiting from that. It odes make a different not only in the longevity of life but the quality of life.
I too from time to time treat myself with 'goodies'. It doesn't mean you have to be so strict in a regimentation of diet that you completely shut out such treats. Moderation is the way.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present